Sign in to follow this  
KNEEPAIN

Kamikaze attacks using a fighters and bombers

18 comments in this topic

149 posts

During World war IJN started using Kamikaze style attack runs on CVs  through AA barrages in a desperate attempt to DMG the fleet.The link below that shows the original footage of how it happened.(Its pretty impressive on how those soldiers flew thru that massive AA firing at them).http://imgur.com/a/t5ehx

Is there any way this style of game play be brought into WOWS where when the CV is destroyed with its planes hovering in the sky. The player assumes control of the planes and tries a Kamikaze style attack on Enemy Ships? is it possible ?

783 posts
4,819 battles

It was once said that Fighter planes historically gunned ships to reduce their AA defenses, I forgot where I read it and it would help if someone would verify.

I myself am not in favor of kamikaze attacks, but having fighters have another 'role' is something I want to see.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

It has been discussed and mentioned by WG staff they will NEVER EVER have kamikaze planes in the game. So it will never happen.

Edited by Windforce

724 posts
2,166 battles

Although the Japanese pilots did used Kamikaze attacks as their last resort, 

they will NEVER add this to the game. 

Don't forget we have Japanese players on board with us as well, adding this will most likely cause an uproar in the community.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Don't forget we have Japanese players on board with us as well, adding this will most likely cause an uproar in the community.

then they shouldn't limit it to IJNs only. For USN's it will be called [redacted]. if they're gonna offend people, they should do it as much so it would look like a satire and everybody's going to be offended then end up laughing at each other and we get a good gameplay element. hey, this game's an arcade anyway right?

P.S: I don't, honestly, understand why people get offended by these kamikaze things. Kamikaze's are real, they happened, and they are part of history whether they are in game or not. I can't understand why Japanese people get offended nor do I understand how they view the kamikazes. Are they proud of them? Do they scorn them? Do they bring them shame? WTH, they are the past, we all know what happened, hiding these won't undo those things from WW2. They bring back memories? Pff, let people feel the shame and anger all over again so they won't be repeating history.

Inappropriate remarks. Post edited, user warned.

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

149 posts

i agree to the fact this might cause an uproar.But they should allow us to control the fighters and bombers after the cv is destroyed like in tom clancy's hawx,enabling us to Torp or bomb enemy ships even after the cv's death

724 posts
2,166 battles

then they shouldn't limit it to IJNs only. For USN's it will be called freedom strike or allahu akbar. if they're gonna offend people, they should do it as much so it would look like a satire and everybody's going to be offended then end up laughing at each other and we get a good gameplay element. hey, this game's an arcade anyway right?

P.S: I don't, honestly, understand why people get offended by these kamikaze things. Kamikaze's are real, they happened, and they are part of history whether they are in game or not. I can't understand why Japanese people get offended nor do I understand how they view the kamikazes. Are they proud of them? Do they scorn them? Do they bring them shame? WTH, they are in the past, we all know what happen, hiding these won't undo those things from WW2.

Well I still doubt WG will add it alongside with your idea tho, the action of Kamikaze attack (or something similar) itself is controversial. 

i agree to the fact this might cause an uproar.But they should allow us to control the fighters and bombers after the cv is destroyed like in tom clancy's hawx,enabling us to Torp or bomb enemy ships even after the cv's death

This I kinda agree and kinda not at the same time. 

You command your planes as a CV air-group commander, which I'm assuming you should be on your ship (the CV)

If the CV was sunk and you go down with it, you won't be able to command your air-group anymore.

Another idea is that the planes that were launched and still had their ammo/payloads, they will attack any enemy ships spotted automatically.

And if there's 2 CV on a team, planes that were launched by CV A (sunk) will land and resupply on CV B (active), and player of the CV B can use the landed planes as extra squadrons.

Edited by xDave1337x

[LN]
Super Tester
549 posts

This issue is related to the pain of war

And many countries do not want to mention it

And the answer is "NEVER", do not think about it anymore 

Edited by KinomotoSakura_chan

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

This issue is related to the pain of war
And many countries do not want to mention it
And the answer is "NEVER", do not think about it anymore 

People just can't move on, and that hinders progress and gives politicians tools to divert issues within their countries. They don't want to mention it, but they can't forget it either. That war still causes some diplomatic problems specially here in Asia.

People should just accept these things that they all happened in the past and the world is no longer the same, learn from it and move on. Those war pains are bull, everybody suffered from war. If you walk looking back, you will definitely trip.

[LN]
Super Tester
549 posts

then they shouldn't limit it to IJNs only. For USN's it will be called freedom strike or allahu akbar. if they're gonna offend people, they should do it as much so it would look like a satire and everybody's going to be offended then end up laughing at each other and we get a good gameplay element. hey, this game's an arcade anyway right?

P.S: I don't, honestly, understand why people get offended by these kamikaze things. Kamikaze's are real, they happened, and they are part of history whether they are in game or not. I can't understand why Japanese people get offended nor do I understand how they view the kamikazes. Are they proud of them? Do they scorn them? Do they bring them shame? WTH, they are the past, we all know what happened, hiding these won't undo those things from WW2. They bring back memories? Pff, let people feel the shame and anger all over again so they won't be repeating history.

There is pain, war events that we can not forget, but will still have things we do not want to mention
Do not ask why, perhaps your country has not experienced the terrible war.

"Kamikaze" ?? I do not understand the fear, but I sympathize with the people,
I think "kamikaze" as well as the pain when the B-52 throws boom in the city of my country

sn3bg4w.gif

Edited by KinomotoSakura_chan

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Kamikaze is a pretty controversial subject, and Wargaming is unlikely to want to open that can of worms.

Furthermore, this thread is rapidly devolving into a breach of the forum's rules on political discussion. Locked.