Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Hero_of_Zero

Saipan show up on Asia and EU shops rigth now

19 comments in this topic

359 posts
2,819 battles

In addition to NA shop I mean, but everyone know that.

Oh I'm so torn. Should I get her or not.. Don't think she's powerful or particularity special but.. A premium CV, that may never come back.

I though i will have more time to contemplate.

https://asia.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/

Asia got 7 days to decide. EU got 18 days, and NA got 14 days

Note: Aircraft carriers are basically floating airbases; they are played in a completely different style compared to other ship types. It is highly recommended that you experience playing in other aircraft carrier prior to purchasing this ship.

You have been warned LOL

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/specials-and-events/premium-shop-20160413/

Edited by Hero_of_Zero

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I've had my first battle, went for 2 fighter 2 torp squad.

got 3 skilled captain.

only 3 planes per squadron, first dogfight I lost all planes and didn't shoot down a single plane.

in entire battle i shot down 4 planes and didn't torp anyone, as enemy team had so many fighter squadrons, (a ranger with AS and saipan with AS).

I was the last alive, so yeah, 4 planes in 17 mins or so.

359 posts
2,819 battles

@BlackFart

That's prety wicked. I read someone mention that this ship need lv15 captain rigth of the bat. To be fair you got two AS on red team, worst case scenareo

@MelonYubari

Ichase is probably only one comfortable with this ship. Other like Lert from NA is less amuse. he said Saipan is good for being the first premium CV. But not for beginner.

Chase's a good CV player, and yet he miss with that Ranger. This Saipan is poor at sniping ,which is the meta rigth now.

Beta Tester
86 posts
6,093 battles

the 8 dive bombers can lay some hurt but the reload time not so great, it does leave you with 3 fighter sqdns tho ...   I do have a question on crew skills for this ship, the rear gunner skill is useless obviously but the dogfight skill? the fighters are tier 9 so does this mean the skill only works against tier 10 planes (not likely to be seen unless the MM is insane) or does the dogfight skill tier work on CV tier, so vs a tier 8 CVs planes it would get the 10%? I'm picking plane tier but ?

359 posts
2,819 battles

the rear gunner skill is useless obviously

I read that Saipan plane does shoot plane down with non-existence rear gun.

the fighters are tier 9 so does this mean the skill only works against tier 10 planes

Yes. It work with plane tier. So Saipan will be on the receiving end, not deliver the bonus.

580 posts
1,587 battles

Never in my WoWS career have I felt so useless as an AA screener against this thing... Her aircraft are so friggin' fast :amazed:...

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

the rear gunner skill is useless obviously

I read that Saipan plane does shoot plane down with non-existence rear gun.

the fighters are tier 9 so does this mean the skill only works against tier 10 planes

Yes. It work with plane tier. So Saipan will be on the receiving end, not deliver the bonus.

Both are correct.

I have it on good authority that the bombers do benefit from rear gunner skill despite the planes having no rear gunners IRL or even modeled visually. It will shoot at planes attacking it.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

damn, i just reset my captains skills and did the 10% bonus to attacking planes a tier higher thing. oh well, what other skills are useful?.

as I don't really play USN, my best captain has 4 skills but is a long way off the 5 more points for that crucial 5th skill to give 1 extra plane per squadron....thats a whole lot of pain.

at least i got to sell my ryujo.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

I got the Sapain too.

Id say that yes you need the tier 5 captain skill in time, but vs a Hiryu in AS mode it did quite well.

If you take the 8 dive bombers for love of god, manual aim!

359 posts
2,819 battles

damn, i just reset my captains skills and did the 10% bonus to attacking planes a tier higher thing. oh well, what other skills are useful?.

Probably Torpedo acceleration, as stated in Ichase video above. It pain me when I drop to close and they fail to arm, however.

If you take the 8 dive bombers for love of god, manual aim!

I read that the drop circle fro auto and manual drop are the same. As stated in the latest patch note.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

155 knots torpedo bombers at tier 7? a true smurf ship for experienced CV players and I smell a nerf pretty soon. But sadly I ain't dropping a cent in this company anymore so quite sad unable to test drive it.

With that fast torpedo bombers, I suggest you to go for Torpedo reload instead of what ichase recommends (torpedo accel). Torp accel isn't really recommended for USN CVs.  With fast sorties with it's fast torpedo bombers, torpedo reload is going to multiply your DPS even further

Edited by Deicide

359 posts
2,819 battles

155 knots torpedo bombers at tier 7? a true smurf ship for experienced CV players and I smell a nerf pretty soon. But sadly I ain't dropping a cent in this company anymore so quite sad unable to test drive it.

They already nerf it once before release. I read that they mention that if premium is overpower, they prefer not to sell it, rather than nerf it. I think she probably don't face another nerf, feedback is already underwhelming.

Sign in to follow this