Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Flemboy

So when is WG going to combine Free XP between tanks and ships.

15 comments in this topic

[AE]
199 posts
9,466 battles

Sorry ,I meant the xp I have already converted in tanks. surely it doesn't matter which game I put it into. I believe WG said it would implement this

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

No, I cant see them doing this, other wise they do it already when they did it with the gold.

u spent money on tanks converting your free XP, so WG want you to spend money on ships to convert your free XP again.

331 posts
17,051 battles

ummm actually the gold for WOT and WOWs isn't unified either other wise i would have like 12k gold/doubloons for both insteag of 5k  and 7k int gold/doubloons for WOT and WOWs respectively.

The exchange for credits is still different 1 gold = 400 credits in WOT while 1 doubloons = 1500 credits in WOWs

Edited by Moganite

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

at present - my understanding is that this is on a back burner somewhere - more important things need to be done first.

I think that Gold/Doubloons are now comparative to each other, so if $40 brought you 10000 gold in WoT, it buys the same amount of DB in WoWS (Figures are for illustration only), but I do think we earn more Free XP in WoWS for a game then you do in WoT, and this will be a sticking point.

I would just be happy if Prem time and Gold/DB were unified, maybe revisit Free XP after Clans have been introduced.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Not convinced on unifying the free exp. Because I don't want to see bad tier 10 players, if you know what I mean. :P

But on serious note, as lengxv6 mentioned: we are earning free experience faster in WoWs as compare to WoT. Currently I have 45k free exp as the primary ships I grind are have manageable gameplay.

Alpha Tester
392 posts

Not convinced on unifying the free exp. Because I don't want to see bad tier 10 players, if you know what I mean. :P

But on serious note, as lengxv6 mentioned: we are earning free experience faster in WoWs as compare to WoT. Currently I have 45k free exp as the primary ships I grind are have manageable gameplay.

Doesn't excuse the fact that WG greatly misled us. And so I wasted countless hours saving up 200k free XP in WoT in anticipation of unified accounts, when I could've been playing Witcher 3 and Fallout 4, for nothing. Like it or not, bad players are unavoidable. They will eventually work their way up to tier 10, and if they really are your main concern then co-op is the only way to avoid them.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

The last thing we need is hundreds of players coming from WoT with their free xp, and suddenly start  with their first ship being tier 10.

And it will happen.

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

The last thing we need is hundreds of players coming from WoT with their free xp, and suddenly start  with their first ship being tier 10.

And it will happen.

From the other thread:

Yet again, thanks to Carnotzet for his translations.

RU Community Manager Vallter_ revealed that there is another experiment going on on the RU Server.

A very few selected experienced WoT players are getting 1 million free exp plus a good stockpile of credits to use in WoWs. Some players on the RU Forums started to question Wargamings' logic. They don't want to sell the Saipan to everyone because inexperienced players would harm other players' game experience while that same time they're handing so much FreeXP and Credits away that people could just rush to Tier 8 or 9 CV.

Vallter_  responds that this offer will only concern a handful of people (several hundreds at most) and among those, only a dozen would directly buy a tier 9 or 10 CV (or they could not do that at all).

It is an experimental offer which goal is to see how the players who are tired of grinding react to it, players who fought tens of thousands of battles. This offer was send to a handful of players as part of the experiment. If it's conclusive, they will expand the offer to more players. And tank players won't be the only ones receiving it.

The first reactions were... less positive than Wargaming probably hoped for. Not only do WoWs captains on the RU forums continue to voice their opinion of how bad an idea this is, there's also a few threads where people complain about teamkilling done by some of those few chosen. In this case here, someone used the FreeXP to get himself an Ibuki and went on to kill half his team (apparently without turning pink) while stating that he didn't intend to keep playing WoWs anyway.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,090 battles

No

No

No

No

Choose 1... Muppet ships that actually went up the tech tree and have some muppet knowledge of the sea OR Muppet ships that just free XP to tier 10 and they think it's tanks in water and gets nuked easily?

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts

Well I for one would welcome it.

I have over 1.8 million free xp in WoT just sitting there doing nothing.

It would be nice to use this on WoWs.

It wouldn't interfere with anyone either as I only play PvE.

[AE]
199 posts
9,466 battles

Firstly, I think it is vitally important for us to stand, remove our hats from our heads, and humbly acknowledge "EvacuateBowel"s moniker. In a game with countless soulless types using handles like "RKf01hDE" or "1234geoff" etc, it is nice to see that someone gave thought to what his name represented in-game. "EvacuateBowel" has 13k plus tank games under his belt, and well, that means that 29 X 13096 times = 379784 people have fallen to the floor and exclaimed in awe-hushed tones, "We're not worth, We're not worthy!" Totally alpha name. I sir, invite you to join my tank clan on that basis alone. Now,

Thank you for your responses. As Nik pointed out,

Doesn't excuse the fact that WG greatly misled us. And so I wasted countless hours saving up 200k free XP in WoT in anticipation of unified accounts, when I could've been playing Witcher 3 and Fallout 4, for nothing. Like it or not, bad players are unavoidable. They will eventually work their way up to tier 10, and if they really are your main concern then co-op is the only way to avoid them.

they actually stated they would do this. Now, with countless games of tanks under my belt, I knew that when they said they would, there was only a limited chance that it would happen. WG has a history of well, misinforming. However, it has to be pointed out that I have about 200k free xp, and I expect there will be very few with 10k+. Importantly, what will this get me? It will get me from tier 8 to 9,  or partly from 9 to 10. ie. One big ship. Maybe some will fritter (right word?) it away on researching a couple of dozen small ships. Of note, the two games I found to be compatible. If you are good at tanks you will probably be good at ships. As far as allowing inexperienced captains loose at higher tiers well, WG has premium tier 8 ships. Its that simple. Despite YEARS of bitching by tankers, they continued with high tier premmie tanks. So as far as WG is concerned, its not an issue. Indeed a whole lot of negative stuff from WoT moved immediately across, and amazingly, a whole lot of the really good stuff didn't.

As I have posted before, the amounts of free xp being utilised in WoWs is not going to significantly impact on the game. Most importantly, it will mean that I, and I expect MANY others, will continue to whip over to our tank accounts for some quick xp generation. IT WILL KEEP TANKS ALIVE. I had barely played it since ships came out. The new patch with physics has re-energised me, but it will be the quick xp that will keep me going back. (Average game of tanks = 3-5 mins. Average game of ships 12-15. XP about same for me.)

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

It's not hurt playing from tier 1 up tier 10 you know...

Good at tanks = good at ships. where did you get that idea?

Seriously though, inexperienced high tiers premium ships are bad as it is now, don't make it worse by sending inexperienced high tiers non-premium ships into high tiers match :izmena:

Sign in to follow this