You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
cyxnide

Reworking the Wave/Wakes effect...?

11 members have voted

1. 1. So... Yay, or Nay?

• Yay
    • Nay

9 comments in this topic

724 posts
2,188 battles

I'm not exactly sure if someone already posted this... I can't seem to find it via the search function so oh well xD

What I'm trying to say is, do you guys think the current wave/wakes effect should be reworked?

I ran into a few early alpha gameplay and the wakes effect looked a lot more better than the one right now.

I heard the old one was only soft particle but the current one we're using is 3D wakes... 

But, what if they reworked the current effects used and make it a little bit more similar to the one back in early alpha?

Here are some screenshots...

Early Alpha stage (Screenshots by Quaffer from WoWS NA)

AX40dHH.jpg?1

nI24zSG.jpg?1

Granted, the resolution on the effects texture(?) looks really low... I hope if it gets implemented in the future, it'll be a lot more high quality.

Current (Live)

QPEj3rs.jpg?1

Ex5x5n4.jpg?1

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Inb4 russian computers can't handle high graphics..

AA effect is also used to be more chaotic than what we get right now

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

To me, the soft particles looked "cheap". It looks like someone used a preset brush in PS and painted along the surface. 3D waves looks better, but downside is its LOD kicks in very early so it doesn't render as detailed or at all at mid to long range.

724 posts
2,188 battles

Inb4 russian computers can't handle high graphics..

AA effect is also used to be more chaotic than what we get right now

nothing compared to some sick torpedo beats :hiding:

To me, the soft particles looked "cheap". It looks like someone used a preset brush in PS and painted along the surface. 3D waves looks better, but downside is its LOD kicks in very early so it doesn't render as detailed or at all at mid to long range.

But don't you think the 3D waves still feels a little... underwhelming? It'll be awesome if they can improve the 3D waves a little so it looks more detailed and realistic. 

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

But don't you think the 3D waves still feels a little... underwhelming? It'll be awesome if they can improve the 3D waves a little so it looks more detailed and realistic. 

Then everyone with potato PC will end up with baked potato or potato salad. :ohmy:

724 posts
2,188 battles

Then everyone with potato PC will end up with baked potato or potato salad. :ohmy:

Include it in the settings so people with potato PC won't turn their potato into baked potato xD