Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Karaaa

Backseat gamers/players

18 comments in this topic

28 posts
919 battles

Ahoy fellow Admirals! So earlier i just finished a game (and a really stressful one,too) where i sort of pulled my team back from a losing game. I was 1v1 against a Fuso as a Fuso. So there's this player on my team, who unfortunately, sunk early in the game (poor Haguro) and kept backseating. Making comments such as 'Fuso, do this' or 'Fuso,dont do this' amongst other really unnecessary comments. It made me feel extra pressured, like REALLY pressured. I found it hard to focus and missed lots of chances to citadel their Fuso, but thank god i pulled through and managed to citadel their Fuso into another dimension. :medal:

I did politely tell him to stop doing that, at let me do me in peace. However the negative and toxic comments kept coming, like 'we will lose' or 'last chance..'. I was wondering if anyone has any other methods of dealing with such players? I do want some great advice apart from 'simply ignore' cuz quite honestly not many people can 'simply ignore' like that. 

Also do you guys think WoWs should implement a 'mute' button for each player so they wouldnt type stuff you wouldnt wanna see in game? I feel like its great, but i highly doubt it will happen still. But let me know what you guys think! 

EDIT: I did not know there was already a mute button in the game, so thanks for clarifying! Im blind half the time .. :p

Edited by Karaaa

199 posts
6,050 battles

Ahoy fellow Admirals! So earlier i just finished a game (and a really stressful one,too) where i sort of pulled my team back from a losing game. I was 1v1 against a Fuso as a Fuso. So there's this player on my team, who unfortunately, sunk early in the game (poor Haguro) and kept backseating. Making comments such as 'Fuso, do this' or 'Fuso,dont do this' amongst other really unnecessary comments. It made me feel extra pressured, like REALLY pressured. I found it hard to focus and missed lots of chances to citadel their Fuso, but thank god i pulled through and managed to citadel their Fuso into another dimension. :medal:

I did politely tell him to stop doing that, at let me do me in peace. However the negative and toxic comments kept coming, like 'we will lose' or 'last chance..'. I was wondering if anyone has any other methods of dealing with such players? I do want some great advice apart from 'simply ignore' cuz quite honestly not many people can 'simply ignore' like that. 

Also do you guys think WoWs should implement a 'mute' button for each player so they wouldnt type stuff you wouldnt wanna see in game? I feel like its great, but i highly doubt it will happen still. But let me know what you guys think! 

There is already a mute button on the game. Hold tab, hold control, right click the player you want to mute, click mute. Problem solved.

43 posts
11,760 battles

I thought muting was already in the game. Tab, Ctrl, somewhere under compliment and report?

28 posts
919 battles

There is already a mute button on the game. Hold tab, hold control, right click the player you want to mute, click mute. Problem solved.

Oops, my bad, i didnt know theres already a mute button. LOL. 

199 posts
6,050 battles

Oops, my bad, i didnt know theres already a mute button. LOL. 

That's ok. Not many player notice that feature, because they are too busy avoiding torps, sniping, or both of them.

Doing that took like 7 seconds. And you know how much 7 seconds in WoWs worth, right? It's worth 1 AP shells/torpedo to the citadel.

28 posts
919 battles

isn't it side seat gaming?

erm.. idk, isint side seat gaming more of like, you're playing halfway and you get someone to play for you while you go pay your taxes/bills? :hmm:

28 posts
919 battles

That's ok. Not many player notice that feature, because they are too busy avoiding torps, sniping, or both of them.

Doing that took like 7 seconds. And you know how much 7 seconds in WoWs worth, right? It's worth 1 AP shells/torpedo to the citadel.

I SMELL SARCASM. 

but seriously though, im a very oblivious person so pardon me! :hiding:

199 posts
6,050 battles

I SMELL SARCASM. 

but seriously though, im a very oblivious person so pardon me! :hiding:

It's ok. And no, that's not sarcasm.

I noticed that feature when I was waiting for my Wyoming to move. So I start checking the scoreboard, doing on how to mute. After I finish, roughly 15 seconds later, 6 torpedoes heading straight to my port side. Got wrecked before doing any damage :(

Since then, no distractions when riding any ships. Just ignore the guy. You won't get a chance to mute them. Especially on battleships.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,145 battles

Well Karaa, here's my advice for you...

YOU'RE the captin of the ship and he of his. Do what you think is right even if your radio keeps flooded by those other captains who are busy side-captianing your ship. Though if it's something sensible, you may CONSIDER their opinion.

Just remember, you're the captain and you're responsible for the lives of the pixel fairy crew of your ship. Do what you think is right but NEVER EVER let the armour thickness and gross tonnage of your ship impede your tactical flexibility.

108 posts
467 battles

Maybe another term that we should consider for such players would be the traditional "Arm Chair" player, but given that this game is based on Naval Warfare and the waters as its main setting, then it should be "Davy Jones" player. Naaahhh, sounds horrible, poor me for giving an effort to find a more suitable term. :angry:

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,203 battles

The problem is cause every player thinks he is the fleet admiral, so everyone keeps trying to run to show.

As for me, I would advice or give warning of impending threats, if they don't follow, its their choice.

168 posts
5,855 battles

Eeks... I actually do "back seat" quite a bit after I am sunk but in a more positive manner.

me too.  It doesn't have to be a negative thing.

Unfortunately the players who actually need guidance tend to be the least likely to listen.

Like when your team has the last DD remaining, and they go off hunting CV while the enemy have all the bases and are racking up cap points.

28 posts
919 battles

In most situations i would listen to my teammates if they're polite but unfortunately in this case, the guy was really rude and all. But its fine! Just gonna let it slide~ Thanks for the reply y'all! :honoring:

Sign in to follow this