You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ru33ian

New way to play cruiser-based fighters (suggestion)

7 comments in this topic

[KOOKA]
3 posts
7,022 battles

I would like to request an ability to direct cruiser-based fighters to a particular area on the map to help with DD spotting.

Recently I had a misfortune to face a couple of high-level DDs (IX, I believe) and was unpleasantly surprised with the number and speed of their torpedoes - all this while I could not see those destroyers at all. Got two torpedoes into my portside and never saw the enemy.

If you are not going to change the visibility model, then give as please ability to direct our fighters where they might help cruiser captains to spot those DDs.

29 posts
5,271 battles

I understand your issue.....but cant agree. If not for their stealth the destroyer would be without use. 

After being spotted by most cruisers the lifespan of a DD is often a very short one, your only option is running away to fight again.

The problem you have highlighted is overcome by working together as a team, not by changing the game.

17 posts
1,527 battles

Can anyone tell me if CTRL left click on enemy planes makes them a priority target for your catapult fighter? Sometimes he seems to does what he wants no matter what you do, Nothing worse than a group of Torpedo bombers sneaking in when your fighter is enjoying the view on the other side. :P

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Can anyone tell me if CTRL left click on enemy planes makes them a priority target for your catapult fighter? Sometimes he seems to does what he wants no matter what you do, Nothing worse than a group of Torpedo bombers sneaking in when your fighter is enjoying the view on the other side. :P

Sort of - it will continue on it's circuit until it reaches the target selected

[KOOKA]
3 posts
7,022 battles

I understand your issue.....but cant agree. If not for their stealth the destroyer would be without use.

After being spotted by most cruisers the lifespan of a DD is often a very short one, your only option is running away to fight again.

The problem you have highlighted is overcome by working together as a team, not by changing the game.

Thank you, Gadwa, for your opinion on this matter.

I would expect that the same principle should apply to destroyers. Spamming torpedoes from afar does not look to me as a team play, but it could be just me.

My suggestion does not guarantee DD detection - the plane can still be sent to a wrong spot and, while it is busy with spotting, it does not do its primary job, which is to fight off torpedo bombers. So there is a price to pay in what I suggest.

108 posts
467 battles

Well, to put it simply, the only answer for that is team work. The only way in order to eliminate those DDs before they tear your team into shreds is to support your DD. In the first phase of the game, it would just be cat-and-mouse for the DDs, but if he/she would gain help from the team's CA, you could have a higher chance of eliminating/spotting the enemy DD. Not to mention that it would greatly decrease the damage being inflicted on your team now that the enemy DD is already at Davy Jones' locker, the spotting on your team by the enemy will be reduced too. 

29 posts
5,271 battles

Thank you, Gadwa, for your opinion on this matter.

I would expect that the same principle should apply to destroyers. Spamming torpedoes from afar does not look to me as a team play, but it could be just me.

My suggestion does not guarantee DD detection - the plane can still be sent to a wrong spot and, while it is busy with spotting, it does not do its primary job, which is to fight off torpedo bombers. So there is a price to pay in what I suggest.

Thanks for taking on board my opinion, things are often just dismissed by others on forums if not to their liking. 

After you you explain the concept more I am willing to admit I may be wrong on the subject. After all DD's use smoke to hide from CV's aircraft so I concede hiding from your fighter would be the same. 

Your idea has merit, that I can not deny.

BTW when I spam my fish at you I'll be in your back pocket! :)