Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bitrot

Storms, currents, surge, 6 degrees of movement

9 comments in this topic

163 posts
7,901 battles

Hello

Being trying out this game over the last few weeks and it's a blast.  Was there any plans to introduce the ocean beyond a flat plane?

Even if implementing depth is too hard, i.e. travelling over waves.  What about at least some strong currents?  Some reefs and rocks on some maps would be great too, that could cause flooding if overrun..  The environment and map has just as much to offer as the enemy ships.  Imagine a nice snipe spot, but the weathers up and the current threatens to run you over the reef, do you stay?

Currents, especially if they are random and changing would add to re-playability.  Bad weather could seriously drop max speed and visibility.  Be great to see fleets almost run in to each other.  Of course the winds effect planes as well.

Modelling ocean swell would of course be the ultimate, especially in a storm.  Trying to align a hit while both ships and moving up and down.  Really big waves could also topple a ship if caught side on.

Anyway, the environment/maps are playing far to nice, it's really a third hostile team.  Please bring it! :-)

590 posts
2,995 battles

They have only just started talking about weather effects, so i would they probably haven't thought too much about currents and such. 

Waves... I don't know to be honest, might get covered under weather effects.

520 posts
11,125 battles

This is also somthing im looking forward to.  I can see the advantages of Random Squall effects... that work a little like smoke.  One Ship can Hide in one, and change direction inside while concealed.

580 posts
1,587 battles

Weather effects were being discussed by the devs... we even had a small bit of video for it... It looks like they were working on rain, it's a pretty big mechanic so let's wait and enjoy the calm seas while they last...

17 posts
1,527 battles

Awesome suggestion :) I too would love to see weather create absurd randomness to the game, Night time battles under a full moon would be great also.

Edited by Durin

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

I can just imagine people complaining about "rough seas" causing all their gun accuracy to drop and all their shots keep missing. :trollface:

Sign in to follow this