You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
deathrides

Karma and complaints

18 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
48 posts
18,367 battles

Can you view anybody else's Karma , I am referring to normal players with normal access. I like tracking my own but would like to see others before I make a complaint to judge whether something like afk is unintentional or the person doesn't care .ie somebody with high Karma would not intentionally be afk and I would not complain.

On the note of complaints I have seen this before but do wargaming action these complaints or what is the threshold for action on complaints do a player need several in a game (I am not talking about the automatic loss of 1 karma point if you get 2 complaints in 1 game) or do they need a set number over a time period ie 5 in a day.

Or is the complaint system mainly there so players can let off steam after a game ?? rather than taking actions during the game that are detrimental to the team

and 1 last thing good on WOWS for the actions they have been taking against bots the game has improved very quickly thank you

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Can you view anybody else's Karma , I am referring to normal players with normal access. I like tracking my own but would like to see others before I make a complaint to judge whether something like afk is unintentional or the person doesn't care .ie somebody with high Karma would not intentionally be afk and I would not complain.

Pretty sure you can't see someone else's Karma points.

IMO just report, if a player is rarely AFK then they won't hit the thresholds for investigation.

On the note of complaints I have seen this before but do wargaming action these complaints or what is the threshold for action on complaints do a player need several in a game (I am not talking about the automatic loss of 1 karma point if you get 2 complaints in 1 game) or do they need a set number over a time period ie 5 in a day.

Or is the complaint system mainly there so players can let off steam after a game ?? rather than taking actions during the game that are detrimental to the team

The threshold is not published.  Mainly to stop people gaming the system.  I.E.  Either by getting close to the threshold and then playing appropriately again, or by stacking reports on someone they don't like.

The ingame reports are used to highlight players that need further investigation.  In the case of botters and cheaters, these are used in conjunction with player submitted replays.  No action is taken only on the reports (point above), but reports do lead to further investigation.  

and 1 last thing good on WOWS for the actions they have been taking against bots the game has improved very quickly thank you

Agree 100%.  

:)

753 posts
8,965 battles

It's still open to abuse, I had a match about a week ago where a team mate started swearing at players because he was killed and then went on to racially abuse them, I quickly put this moron in his place much to the delight of the rest of the team.

I reported him after the game which I'm sure most of the team did and he must have reported me 7 times meaning I lost 7 karma points. Although these karma points don't earn you anything I take pride in mine yet I lose 7 because this child got some sound parenting advice and most probably ran crying to his mother.

892 posts
7,853 battles

Yes, I've had 2 points docked off once because 2 players in a division decided I played poorly. I recall in that particularly case, I was a DD in a cap zone without support whatsoever, because the team decided to lemming train the other direction. Oh well.

334 posts
13,020 battles

Kudos to you guys for getting Karma points but I wish they would drop the whole thing. That feeling you get when someone compliments you is great but it's a kick in the jewels when you loose the points because of some lowlife who didnt like getting sunk.

359 posts
2,819 battles

It's still open to abuse, I had a match about a week ago where a team mate started swearing at players because he was killed and then went on to racially abuse them, I quickly put this moron in his place much to the delight of the rest of the team.

I reported him after the game which I'm sure most of the team did and he must have reported me 7 times meaning I lost 7 karma points. Although these karma points don't earn you anything I take pride in mine yet I lose 7 because this child got some sound parenting advice and most probably ran crying to his mother.

AFAIK You need two people to report for karma to go down. I don't even know if multiple report from 1 account stack.

753 posts
8,965 battles

AFAIK You need two people to report for karma to go down. I don't even know if multiple report from 1 account stack.

Well after that match my karma lost 7 points and considering it's an odd number and there is not 14 players in a match to have all them report me once, which is highly unlikely anyway, then his 7 reports can only account for this.

359 posts
2,819 battles

Well after that match my karma lost 7 points and considering it's an odd number and there is not 14 players in a match to have all them report me once, which is highly unlikely anyway, then his 7 reports can only account for this.

Two people spent 7 report perhaps, or what I know is wrong.

783 posts
4,821 battles

You can 'see' other people`s karma by using tools to gather player stats from wargaming.net.

Yeah, there was one website I read from the NA forum that does just that. It was verified within the thread that it really does so. I don't remember or have the link though.

As for 'seeing' other people's karma, I could care less since it doesn't really have an effect.

Multiple reports from a single person can only reduce your karma once. At least, it was said on one RU Q&A I read if I remember correctly.

Out of the reports, only "bot" and "misbehavior" reduce karma while "plays poorly" does nothing to it(has a different effect). I'd say some of the guys who saw the chat just reported you for the sake of it sadly. I do agree the karma system is too abusable to have any effects whatsoever in gameplay and whatnot.

149 posts

NOPE.

there is a guy go goes afk every day (late night).He comes in his atago and sails backwards all the way to the blue line and sits there.Yesterday i met him in three battles.two battles we lost one won(our fubuki TKed him the moment i told that guy goes AFK everytime.Yes our fubuki lost it).I am seeing that guy since the inception of OBT and reported him everytime but still he pops up.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

NOPE.

there is a guy go goes afk every day (late night).He comes in his atago and sails backwards all the way to the blue line and sits there.Yesterday i met him in three battles.two battles we lost one won(our fubuki TKed him the moment i told that guy goes AFK everytime.Yes our fubuki lost it).I am seeing that guy since the inception of OBT and reported him everytime but still he pops up.

PM a mod the replays

149 posts

PM a mod the replays

i dont have the replays.but i remember his name.That guy is a real pain in the Arse and he ruins the T8 game play for me everytime i have him in my team.

892 posts
7,853 battles

Can you earn Karma points if you only play PvE, or is it only earned for Random battles only?

both.PVE and PVP

​As long as other players are up for giving you a compliment (or a negative one as the case may be). Just remember though that a division player cannot do this for another.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,288 posts

​As long as other players are up for giving you a compliment (or a negative one as the case may be). Just remember though that a division player cannot do this for another.

Good to know it still applies to PvE.

That's ok with the second part, as I don't div with anyone anyway.