You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reset_kala

another matchmaking joke again... sigh

53 comments in this topic

129 posts
3,485 battles

unfair.jpg

am i the victim of this joke? the moment when i saw this, i knew i wasted another 10 minute for this game....

hmm.... maybe my winning rate is a little bit high? and the server decide to troll me....

*facepalm, i miss old days matchmaking rule.. not this new matchmaking rule... :sceptic: feel sick of it...

unfair.jpg

216 posts
2,239 battles

What matchmaking rule? Looks like standard tier 5-7 matchmaking to me.

I think the problem is that there is not a match making rule that prevents unnecessary tier imbalance in matches. Yes I agree that this falls within the 3 tier range difference of ships in the match, and that due to odd number of a tier of ship (and odd number of a ship class) can't be distributed evenly, but at the same time shouldn't the server be able to do a little bit better at balancing? Take Reset's pic for example, his team received 3 tier V CA's while the enemy team received 2 tier Vl CA's (and no tier V), which is well with in the parameters of the match, but why couldn't the MM, at the beginning of the match just flip the one of the tier V CA ships with a tier Vl CA from the other team to help with the balancing? True there would still be a slight imbalance, but not to the level that Reset is witnessing in this match.

Edited by Ryzil

17 posts
1,527 battles

Hmmm I'd blame the Shchors and the Myoko cruisers on the other team before blaming matchmaking, those 2 guys took out 5 of your ships and your team was only able to kill 2, quite impressive results in my opinion.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Yup, there is unequal distribution of certain tiers. As most of tier 5 cruisers & best destroyers were thrown into his team while the enemy team get most of the best tier battleships & cruisers.

129 posts
3,485 battles

unfair2.jpg

guess what, guys, i just got another random matchmaking joke again.

tier7 bb fight tier 9! 0 upgrade ship, what am i suppose to do in this match? merry go round.:(

You all know the match result!:red_button:

WG !! fix this !! 

unfair2.jpg

216 posts
2,239 battles

unfair2.jpg

tier7 bb fight tier 9! 0 upgrade ship, what am i suppose to do in this match? merry go round.:(

WG !! fix this !! 

For this here Reset I'm actually going to have to say that this is most likely due to low server population (please let us know if population was high or low). Also all the CA's tiers were equal, and with your DD being 1 tier up over the enemy DD. True there is a huge HP, range and over all stat difference from you tier 7 BB and the enemy tier 9 BB, but if you add all of your team's tier's together and do the same with the enemy team it shows that your team is only one tier lower, which is overall acceptable. Now could WG change MM to be more strict to prevent this?  Well of course they could, but then who knows how long players would be waiting for a battle in high tiers.

Now I would like to point out that this isn't the same issue you had before with the imbalance of tier 5s on your team and tier 6s on the other team, in that scenario MM could have just flipped players around from one team to the other to even out the amount of tier 5s and 6s. However in this picture there isn't more BBs to move around, just you and the enemy BB.

Once again I would like to know what the population of the server was when you had this match happen, (less than 1000, little over 1000, more than 2000-3000), and also how long of a wait was there before the sever finally put you in a match, because the longer it takes the server to place you into a match the more desperate it becomes and with be allowed to build teams that have more of a tier weight difference between them (that is if the MM works the same as WoT).

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

unfair2.jpg

WG !! fix this !! 

absolutely nothing wrong with the MM in that one - all ships within +/-2 tiers of each other.

You may want to have a look at the MM chart and rules as so far none of your SS have actually breached the MM requirements.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics_(WoWS)

129 posts
3,485 battles

absolutely nothing wrong with the MM in that one - all ships within +/-2 tiers of each other.

You may want to have a look at the MM chart and rules as so far none of your SS have actually breached the MM requirements.

Battle Mechanics (WoWS

Error 404. Page not found.

There is currently no text in this page.:bajan:

For this here Reset I'm actually going to have to say that this is most likely due to low server population (please let us know if population was high or low). Also all the CA's tiers were equal, and with your DD being 1 tier up over the enemy DD. True there is a huge HP, range and over all stat difference from you tier 7 BB and the enemy tier 9 BB, but if you add all of your team's tier's together and do the same with the enemy team it shows that your team is only one tier lower, which is overall acceptable. Now could WG change MM to be more strict to prevent this?  Well of course they could, but then who knows how long players would be waiting for a battle in high tiers.

Now I would like to point out that this isn't the same issue you had before with the imbalance of tier 5s on your team and tier 6s on the other team, in that scenario MM could have just flipped players around from one team to the other to even out the amount of tier 5s and 6s. However in this picture there isn't more BBs to move around, just you and the enemy BB.

Once again I would like to know what the population of the server was when you had this match happen, (less than 1000, little over 1000, more than 2000-3000), and also how long of a wait was there before the sever finally put you in a match, because the longer it takes the server to place you into a match the more desperate it becomes and with be allowed to build teams that have more of a tier weight difference between them (that is if the MM works the same as WoT).

let the bb have the fair tier fight ! i rather wait for player!

that is a huge different between those bb!

this match, i only got 2 hit and sunked.(we did fight like a team, but i'm totally useless in the fight due to short shooting range.) 

repair fee cost a lot! reward is not enough to cover it. 

sound like i'm stingy.:child:complain a lot, thanks for the clear explain. 

i really hope that no more joke happen to me again..

575 posts
5,354 battles

Wait, you cannot seriously be saying that it is a fair fight between a Colorado and an Izumo? Seriously? :fishpalm:

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Wait, you cannot seriously be saying that it is a fair fight between a Colorado and an Izumo? Seriously? :fishpalm:

Didn't say it would be an even fight for each class, but each ship in there is +/- 2 of it's own tier.

Therefore the MM is working as intended.

575 posts
5,354 battles

Didn't say it would be an even fight for each class, but each ship in there is +/- 2 of it's own tier.

Therefore the MM is working as intended.

Yeah and a +2 tier system is a joke in of itself too. There's no challenge in a system like that...it leads to slaughter for the the ship 2 tiers down. A Colorado facing an Izumo is a no contest battle. The Colorado would have to close within 17km just to be able to hit once or twice whereas the Izumo would be in a comfortable range with its superior dispersion. +/- 2 tier is bad and there is no defense for it. AW proved a +/- 1 tiered system to work and offer challenges and competition for all. But WG is too damned hard headed to realize this and change.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

the Arguments about MM with tier +/-2 difference is quite old, back from WoT forum

In WoT however, the down tiered tank can still do some damage with Gold Ammo

in this game, only some ship type have benefit from being Downtiered, like IJN DD and aircraft Carrier (given the Opponent is in the same tier or you are alone), the rest is like cannon fodder

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

if the MM is +/- 1 tier only, then prepare to wait for maybe 10-15 minutes before we get into a match....

1 post
5,231 battles

I've had way too many lopsided matches recently, where (for example) one team gets 3 DDs and the other gets none - and this is on a domination map... which ends up being pretty well decided before it starts. An imbalance in the number of destroyers, for example, can have an enormous influence on the game.

This latest one is a great example. 4x DDs (VIII Fubuki, IX Kagero, IX Kagero, X Shimakaze) vs 6x DDs (VIII Fubuki, VIII Fubuki,  IX Kagero, X Shimakaze, X Shimakaze, X Shimakaze). I've never seen so many torps in the water. There were no teams - this was the 'balance' that the matchmaking algorithm came up with.

If WG can't balance this out more evenly, can WG at least consider implementing a feature where we can choose to wait for a balanced match or not? I'd rather wait (and give up after 5 minutes) rather than being put into a cakewalk, on either side, where one team rolls the other due to a huge imbalance.

shot-16.04.13_18.19.11-0809.jpg

420 posts
20 battles

I had a match Fubuki-Shima vs Shima x2. 2 vs 2 DD battle where my enemies in a division and i'm not.

I used Fubuki and won :P

If you cant take the upper tier BB, do another job. I think that matchup is not that bad, i meant, your team could fill the gap.

I have other examples where i used kongo vs fuso, i used fuso vs amagi, kongisberg vs nurnberg.

Still could win that.

So when i used kongo, i dont broadside with fuso. I could use my range advantage, but i choose to ram him. At the end, i finished the full HP fuso without the need to ram during a close quarter combat less than 5km.

When i used fuso, i used HE to amagi, i used the extra gun to its full extent.

When i used fubuki, my team shimakaze diverted the attention and i gun both of them with 15k worth HE and 7k torpedo damage. At the end my team finished them all and we won that match.

I've seen more, orlan killing omaha.

The key point is you can't be the center of attention. And or exploiting your advantage between you and enemy. Be courageous and hope that your enemy is less skillful than you. MM do count that, whether you believe it or not, do believe or just lose.

892 posts
7,853 battles

Anyone else experiencing a slow down in getting Random battles? I've been experiencing longer than usual (up to 3 minutes!) waits in queues even for tier 6 ships despite seeing more than 100+ ships in the queue counter.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Anyone else experiencing a slow down in getting Random battles? I've been experiencing longer than usual (up to 3 minutes!) waits in queues even for tier 6 ships despite seeing more than 100+ ships in the queue counter.

100 ships of what type,

the match need at least 1 BB, Cruiser, or DD

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

100 ships of what type,

the match need at least 1 BB, Cruiser, or DD

Cruisers, cruisers everywhere. :trollface:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Cruisers, cruisers everywhere. :trollface:

then. that explains many things:popcorn:

being in MM with 18 cruiser is quite troublesome in a DD

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

You guys will be experieneing few late matches due to flooding of cruisers for the ARP Missions and also to answer this thread questions this is not even a match making questions but just attention seeking questions as MM problem already solved long ago and once for all another wasting time of thread...