Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grimnar42

DD detection range

10 comments in this topic

334 posts
13,031 battles

OK so here is the scenario.

Before each game starts when I play DD I always check who has better concealment on the enemy DD's.

Now quite often my Benson and Fubuki are better by a fair margin than most if not all enemy DD.

However I have found often I get detected before I actually see them on the minimap or main screen.

I dont think its a bug but it seems like the time lag between WG server and me is just enough to screw up any advantage.

It is like by the time I am supposed to spot them and the game draws them on screen is too long.

Not sure if I am making myself understood but has anyone else noticed this.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

OK so here is the scenario.

Before each game starts when I play DD I always check who has better concealment on the enemy DD's.

Now quite often my Benson and Fubuki are better by a fair margin than most if not all enemy DD.

However I have found often I get detected before I actually see them on the minimap or main screen.

I dont think its a bug but it seems like the time lag between WG server and me is just enough to screw up any advantage.

It is like by the time I am supposed to spot them and the game draws them on screen is too long.

You know, Fubuki can play against Mutsuki that have 6 km concealment (or even better)

753 posts
8,965 battles

It happens no matter what DD you are playing, you get detected and frantically search around for the enemy DD which will appear about 10 seconds later.

334 posts
13,031 battles

Thats not what I am saying I think the time it takes for the signal to go from my machine to WG server and back to my machine to tell it to show enemy DD is causing that vital second or 2 delay. I am in Brisbane Australia. It has to be lag.

Edited by Grimnar42

753 posts
8,965 battles

Thats not what I am saying I think the time it takes for the signal to go from my machine to WG server and back to my machine to tell it to show enemy DD is causing that vital second or 2 delay. I am in Brisbane Australia. It has to be lag.

I'm in Melbourne and with our crappy internet here in Australia there is not much we can do about it other than to cope and adjust.

We will never get a server here due to our population and the high maintenance cost compared to other nations in the SEA region.

Edited by Trojan63

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

its a bit of both with lag and with your computer as well, the slower the computer with older cards will take longer for the image to be shown on your screen.

ive had the same problem as well.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I noticed that on my side, the DD icon on the minimap is already revealed by my allies but it took 3 or 4 seconds to render the target's visuals.

I don't know the root cause but for me, it's probably server delayed (despite my ping is 35ms?!) or my desktop performance (2011 computer, 2GB RAM, GT 730 videocard).

Sign in to follow this