You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pocket_Fox

Increase Pre-Match Timer.

37 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,970 battles

Could the Pre-Match timer be increased please.

Currently it's at 45 seconds and while that is more than enough time for most players.  Some people prefer to idle, AFK, or file their tax return.  What this means is, these players don't start playing until 5 minutes into the game by which time they hope their allies have sailed forward to scout for them and draw enemy fire so they can hide in the rear without fear of being hit, or winning.

If the match timer were increased to say, 5 minutes.  That'd give the idle coward players enough time to file their tax return, drop their kids off at school and come back to alt tab into the game and wait for another 5 mins while someone else carries them.

66 posts
11,490 battles

And then there will be people complaining it would take too long.

This will never be solved so just take it in your stride.

If you increase every single game by 5 mins, do you know how long that would take ?

359 posts
2,819 battles

They'll just spent 5 minutes file their tax. Since you already know they want you to take fire instead. Time is irrelevant here.

Oh , i smell sarcasm here.

People can have bad connection

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

I have to agree, I too experienced a similar event in both the pubby battles I recently took part in and found that it took almost 5 mins for one player in each match to become suitably comfortable with the challenges of actuating his/ her WASD keys & mouse.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,970 battles

Every match in the past 72 hours, there's been no less than 5 allies who've sat idle for 3/5 mins.  When they DO finally move, these players are in the very backline away from the caps and the enemy.

18 matches today, 3 wins.  Every loss I've been top 1 or 2 player, I think 2 defeats I was 4 or 5.  And it is due to half the team idling for fear of taking action and thus letting the enemy cap points un-contested.

I'm just salty.  Losing 75% of matches is annoying, losing 92% while being the highest scoring player each time in Tier 8 is extremely costly credit wise and aggravating.  People whom idle or don't contribute should be punished.

I am sick to death of players in team based MP games, alt-tabbing or contributing nothing at all.  I think this is why for most games I play, I don't play with pubbies.  I couldn't care less about someone's skill or knowledge of the game.  What I am annoyed with is people who are sitting there with a 'carry me while I alt-tab and watch youtube videos' approach.

1 post
132 battles

Every match in the past 72 hours, there's been no less than 5 allies who've sat idle for 3/5 mins.  When they DO finally move, these players are in the very backline away from the caps and the enemy.

18 matches today, 3 wins.  Every loss I've been top 1 or 2 player, I think 2 defeats I was 4 or 5.  And it is due to half the team idling for fear of taking action and thus letting the enemy cap points un-contested.

I'm just salty.  Losing 75% of matches is annoying, losing 92% while being the highest scoring player each time in Tier 8 is extremely costly credit wise and aggravating.  People whom idle or don't contribute should be punished.

I am sick to death of players in team based MP games, alt-tabbing or contributing nothing at all.  I think this is why for most games I play, I don't play with pubbies.  I couldn't care less about someone's skill or knowledge of the game.  What I am annoyed with is people who are sitting there with a 'carry me while I alt-tab and watch youtube videos' approach.

The best way to fix the problem would just be to ban out the afk players. this would punish these players for their actions

if the timer was increased to 5mins it would be punishing other players for doing nothing wrong. Like who the **** wants to wait 5mins for the battle to start when they already go 20 lol .

Edited by Milky___Way

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

If you are that worried about it, just play PvE.

You might have less rewards, but that will be one less thing that you would have to worry about.

Being the top 1 or 2 in PvE still gets you relatively good rewards though grinding can be a pain without flags.

1,126 posts

I don't know how much time in pre-match since I 'ALWAYS' start match late 30 sec - 2 min every match. T_T

those who report AFK person with just 3-5 min is overreacting and may fault blame other people.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

I don't know how much time in pre-match since I 'ALWAYS' start match late 30 sec - 2 min every match. T_T

those who report AFK person with just 3-5 min is overreacting and may fault blame other people.

Pre-Match timer is 1 minute (I normally am in game by the timer hitting 45 secs) so in theory, every one should be in game when the timer hits zero. If you are loading in after the timer, you need to look at your computer specs, whats running in the background, and what is happening on your broadband. 

IF you are not ingame by the first minute of game play, then you are AFK as far as I am concerned - you just had 2 minutes all up to get in to battle.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,263 battles

Pre-Match timer is 1 minute (I normally am in game by the timer hitting 45 secs) so in theory, every one should be in game when the timer hits zero. If you are loading in after the timer, you need to look at your computer specs, whats running in the background, and what is happening on your broadband. 

IF you are not ingame by the first minute of game play, then you are AFK as far as I am concerned - you just had 2 minutes all up to get in to battle.

Dude, I'm gonna just tell you, its not always the problem with the computer. WG needs to do somethig about loading time. When I load WOT, 90% of the time I join before countdown even starts. In WOWS, I usually start around 1 or 2 mins after match starts. Same computer, same company. So must be problem with the software.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles

Its time people started taking personal responsibility and some may have to accept the their computer is crap and not suitable.  Rather than making everyone else suffer through a long timer they can play tetris or work a few more shifts at Mcdonalds to upgrade their computer that play the game properly.

Call me harsh.  I don't care if they cant afford/don't have access/etc etc.   Forget the age of entitlement.  If they don't want to meet the games standards then they can enjoy the afk bans.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Im in game in a timely fashion. If they dont appear in five minutes, well that is harsh, but making it longer?

You will find more people afk then in game with that in place.

With WoT if you were in another screen it would flash that a game had begun (window mode). I havent tried that here as its in full screen, but does that same feature exist?

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Dude, I'm gonna just tell you, its not always the problem with the computer. WG needs to do somethig about loading time. When I load WOT, 90% of the time I join before countdown even starts. In WOWS, I usually start around 1 or 2 mins after match starts. Same computer, same company. So must be problem with the software.

Firstly - same company, different development house, the two games are nothing alike.

Secondly - look at your equipment before blaming the game or the company.

If 90% of the player base can load in in a timely manner, then the last 10% can look to their own gear/ISP to find out whats wrong.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,263 battles

Firstly - same company, different development house, the two games are nothing alike.

Secondly - look at your equipment before blaming the game or the company.

If 90% of the player base can load in in a timely manner, then the last 10% can look to their own gear/ISP to find out whats wrong.

Idk what kind of equipment would qualify as good. But my computer is barely a year old.

Asus X554L, don't think its my problem. Ask me what stats you want to know, I'll post them. I'll accept it if you blame me for using a 5 year old computer or something, but my computer is barely a year old! Btw, I'm pretty sure you're rich and would mind helping me get a custom made gaming computer right? Its cheap, 2k only. Sure you can afford that.

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,475 battles

oh yeah....

it's MY FAULT for use old gen laptop (lenovo y560)

it's MY FAULT for not have money to buy a better one.

it's all MY FAULT!!

I`m afraid it is.

Use a desktop PC for better bang for the buck.

695 posts
2,153 battles

No its not your fault.  But you also want 29 other people to wait just for you?  You may think this is fair but I'm sure the other 29 people don't.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Here is some advice and try to see if it helps you out ok.

First when you log into the game let it load till you get to the port screen with the ships ok

once you have done this exit the game and then restart the game and it might load quicker.

Do it 2 times if you have to then play your first battle.

1,126 posts

don't have to wait, don't increase wait time too.

I just want to say that being report as AFK for just 2 min late is over accused

beside, AFK means Away From Keyboard

for those that game have completely load, function, controllable, playable but not there to played.

as name comply, being slow loader is not AFK, and I really really hope it's got back at those who report as 'abuse using of report function'.

Edited by PGM991

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

if you are 2 minutes over the timer for the first few battles, and it then speeds, play PvE for the first few battles to get the maps and ships into memory.  The delay on the first few battles is the amount of data being transferred from disc to memory.  That's why the game is recommended to be run from a SSD rather than spinning disk.

216 posts
2,239 battles

oh yeah....

it's MY FAULT for use old gen laptop (lenovo y560)

it's MY FAULT for not have money to buy a better one.

it's all MY FAULT!!

Glad to see that you are aware of the real issue and not trying to blame it on the game or the server, the first steps to solving the problem is acknowledging it and then admitting it.

if you are 2 minutes over the timer for the first few battles, and it then speeds, play PvE for the first few battles to get the maps and ships into memory.  The delay on the first few battles is the amount of data being transferred from disc to memory.  That's why the game is recommended to be run from a SSD rather than spinning disk.

True, you can easily find a 128GB SSD SATA lll for 70$ or less (down to 40$) and if you can't afford that then I don't think you're really in a position to complain about this and demand that the wait time should be increased. If more of these members were like PGM991 then we wouldn't have to explain this to everyone.

Edited by Ryzil