Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sammuell

CV missions

16 comments in this topic

359 posts
2,819 battles

Last month NA got mission that encourage playing CV too but we do not.

Our missions this month also hard-or-not-able to do in CV. CV got no main batteries and get lower ribbon than other classes

Make sense.

Saipan coming here? never heard of it. I know only she come 11th April in NA

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Last month NA got mission that encourage playing CV too but we do not.

Our missions this month also hard-or-not-able to do in CV. CV got no main batteries and get lower ribbon than other classes

Make sense.

Saipan coming here? never heard of it. I know only she come 11th April in NA

AS carriers get a ton of ribbons for shooting down planes, FYI.

359 posts
2,819 battles

AS carriers...better than BB and IJN dd perhaps. not gonna beat cruiser I think. But I know it's fare cause old mission are damage based. CV and BB heaven.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Give a mission that give a CV for shooting down massive amount of planes

see how the player base react...

153 posts
3,262 battles

lmao! How can a CV player gets into top 5 rank in exp unless 1) the team is noob 2) you are running strike mod.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

lmao! How can a CV player gets into top 5 rank in exp unless 1) the team is noob 2) you are running strike mod.

its clearly possible

look at this :

no damage at all...

only killing planes. an i got into 4th places with only 200 exp differences with top earning

WoPZ684.jpg

359 posts
2,819 battles

I get to top 5 quite often considered my horrible win rate.

And you should run strike mod anyway.

@ReNation

That's wicked!

199 posts
6,041 battles

Strike Mod = Carrier that sacrifices all or some Fighters squadrons for more Dive Bombers squadrons (USN CV) or Torpedo Bombers squadrons (Japanese CV). They have more squadrons that are capable of damaging ships, and they usually can't do anything against enemy Fighters.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I finished the cv missions yesterday, 200 ribbons still took a load of battles and a few hours with ryujo 3/1/1.

Things I noticed: (as I don't enjoy cv's)

-Strafe still kills everything and owns. So there's no point engaging a "strike" squadron as an enemy fighter squadron will swoop on your frozen planes and strafe them all DEAD. Even if my fighters were moving to follow enemy in an attack, strafe still kills all. Can only attack if no fighters around, that seriously limits your chances to help team.

-USN fighters still own my IJN purely by numbers.

-If I met an enemy cv a tier higher GG at MM. Followed by a slow 20 mins of moving planes around and running away until caught and smashed, as most battles I survived or went the full 20 mins for a loss.

- Spotting enemy dd's and repeatedly calling for team to attack lit dd did nothing. Everyone ignored me, every time.

- IJN dd's can sit still in smoke, firing main guns, and my planes fly all over the top of the smoke trying to spot them, and they can activate AA, and I still can't see them, (this DOES NOT happen when I play MY IJN dd's.....). Then I have to abandon or risk losing planes.

Conclusion: taking a "strike" force over air domination is better because 1 squadron of fighters can strafe 3 squadrons of  fighters and kill them all, very easily, so a "fighter" superior force isn't really "superior", and your strike force can contribute much more to the team by weakening those BB's, or heck, torp a DD these days. And from my experiences at tier 10, both Navies strike forces are deadly, one pass to kill a BB.

168 posts
5,687 battles

This.

Averaged 20-40 planes per match, did it in an afternoon in about 8 battles.  Managed a few top 5s as well.

fighters also good for shadowing or guarding DDs.  There's more to winning than personal damage.

Sign in to follow this