Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RisaFujiyama

Gunboat DDs: Stanlinium vs Freedom

29 members have voted

1. 1. Stanlinium vs Freedom?

• USSR DDs
    • USN DDs

28 comments in this topic

1,162 posts

So I want to play gunboat DDs but I only have one port slot left.

So which line is best of max at T5?

I know both of them are good 1v1, but I heard USSR DDs guns broke so often and so quick.Is that true? :amazed:

Edited by RisaFujiyama

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

The T6 Soviet DD probably suffers the most from turret destruction since it only has 2 twin turrets. :D

The T5 Gnevny and Nicholas are both fun little gunboats but the T4 Clemson from the US line deserves a shoutout with those awesome guns. :great:

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Tier 9 Fetcher for Freedom

- As good as gearing 

- Able to get Tier 7 match seal clubbing democracy

- Super maneuverable

- RoF burn ze BBs 

- able to shoot the moon

Tier 10 Khabarovsk for Stalin

- MORE GUNS !!!

- 10km stock torpedoes usable

- Fast to the point that make Shimakaze Osoi Osoi looks silly 

- Turn like a  brick

- At the end of the match usually have no guns left 

Super Tester
2,725 posts

On my experience with my US Destroyer Nicholas & RU Destroyer Kiev:

- I played my US Destroyer as stealth ship then flank the distracted enemy or RU DD and engaged him in close range. US DD is good on close range, if careful & planned though.

- The RU DD is good to engaged a all-ready revealed US DD from long range since shell velocity is very fast.

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

US DD tier 5

- prefer CQB style, decent concealment, carrying the game and know what you're doing, a good AA ship if using the last hull for trolling tier 5 cvs.

RU DD tier 5

- An alternative to cruiser playstyle without citadels and armor with the speed of destroyer, but good shell arcs and velocity, perfect for fire support for DD's or burning ships, unfortunately, rudder shift is the equivalent of a cruiser and cant go CQB due to lower rate of fire and turret traverse compared to USN (with the exception against IJN)

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,855 posts
4,140 battles

Up to T5 I prefer the US line for the ROF  traverse speed and trajectory.    ive never worked up the RU line but the Gremlin is a good ship for standing off at distance due to the terrible turret traverse speeds of the RU DD's

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,570 battles

Isn't that almost as large as a Cleveland? :D

yep

anyways, i have played USN DDs up to the Fletcher, and SV DDs up to the kiev(who's play style is the same as up to T10) so i guess i'll share a bit of insight

USN DDs

you are the most deadly DD in a dogfight, your OP ROF will melt SV DDs and send IJN DDs running crying for their mommies, you OP penetration will strike fear into the hearts of any CL/CA(KM line not included) when you pop out 6 km away from them and citadel the (censored) out of them, your torps can make BBs wet their pants and not a lot of CVs will try to torp you because of OP turning radius and AA consumables. you are balanced, you are one with the force.

SV DDs

WE HAVE ZE POWER OF STANLIMIUM HE AND OP WE BURN YOU ALL MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, YOU CANT OUT RUN ME I HAVE STANLIMIUM ENGINES!(note: STANLIMIUM turrets are filled with vodka and are FRAGILE, do not apply force to turrets or they will explode)

Edited by drakon233

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,442 battles

USN DD is a go to choice for winning and carrying the team.

These are the good ships in my opinion.

Benson, Fletcher, Lo Yang

Tashkent, Kharbarovsk

Edited by R3negade

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

yep

anyways, i have played USN DDs up to the Fletcher, and SV DDs up to the kiev(who's play style is the same as up to T10) so i guess i'll share a bit of insight

USN DDs

you are the most deadly DD in a dogfight, your OP ROF will melt SV DDs and send IJN DDs running crying for their mommies, you OP penetration will strike fear into the hearts of any CL/CA(KM line not included) when you pop out 6 km away from them and citadel the (censored) out of them, your torps can make BBs wet their pants and not a lot of CVs will try to torp you because of OP turning radius and AA consumables. you are balanced, you are one with the force.

SV DDs

WE HAVE ZE POWER OF STANLIMIUM HE AND OP WE BURN YOU ALL MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, YOU CANT OUT RUN ME I HAVE STANLIMIUM ENGINES!(note: STANLIMIUM turrets are filled with vodka and are FRAGILE, do not apply force to turrets or they will explode)

You forgotten one more thing about SV DD: Their AP rounds are potent (especially tier 9 onwards) averaging 2-4k damage per salvo if you know what you're doing (somehow i tend to deal more damage while using AP compared to HE, if there was alot of broadsides to shoot at that is)

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

You forgotten one more thing about SV DD: Their AP rounds are potent (especially tier 9 onwards) averaging 2-4k damage per salvo if you know what you're doing (somehow i tend to deal more damage while using AP compared to HE, if there was alot of broadsides to shoot at that is)

Correct and you can actually Citadels high tier Cruisers with that Vodka AP (Except Zao :cry) it really funny see those Cruisers panic and dont understand what happened :D:D:D

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

i was wondering f it would be a good idea to start getting the usn DD or do i wait till i get a tier 10?

It kinda up to you if you really want to play high Tier DD or not (these day with many radar equip ships), if that the case Shimakaze and Kharbarovsk are really potent DDs :)

But i suggest you should at least grind Tier 5 USN DDs to see if you really like knife fight DD with sub-orbital shell or not :P

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,570 battles

whoops, i meant to type HE and AP, but HE OP is ok too:trollface:

Sign in to follow this