You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FishyPower

STOP CAMPING BBS!

198 comments in this topic

Super Tester
2,725 posts

The nearest allied battleship into the enemy team's range will be the first to get rekt by the enemy and subject to trashing by his own tteammate. I experience that in mid-tier and higher tier battle.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Well tbh i on the side that BBs have to get in take some damage and get rid of the Cruisers, but it doesn't mean that they have to take the lead and die first DDs are the one that should take the lead :D:D:D

But snipe from 20km+ wont do much since at that range dispersion really horrible so in my opinion 15km is around where BB want to be not too close and not too far :P

[TF-16]
38 posts
844 battles

Well tbh i on the side that BBs have to get in take some damage and get rid of the Cruisers, but it doesn't mean that they have to take the lead and die first DDs are the one that should take the lead :D:D:D

But snipe from 20km+ wont do much since at that range dispersion really horrible so in my opinion 15km is around where BB want to be not too close and not too far :P

I agree on this but not 15km :ohmy:. The best and effective range for BB to counter cruisers is around 17~18km. :B

350 posts

The nearest allied battleship into the enemy team's range will be the first to get rekt by the enemy and subject to trashing by his own teammate. I experience that in mid-tier and higher tier battle.

I agree as an aggressive battleship is almost certainly sunk after a few minutes due to the rain of HE shells sent its way. Add a high chance of having three fires (I am looking at you, Aoba) all at once and any BB player would love to snipe ships if they could.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

I dont wish to be burnt to a crisp by CAs so I outrange them.

LOL! Its actually funny watching one of two BB all of a sudden turn and run when a cruiser starts taking shots at them ( even if they aren't hitting them!).

575 posts
5,354 battles

LOL! Its actually funny watching one of two BB all of a sudden turn and run when a cruiser starts taking shots at them ( even if they aren't hitting them!).

No, it's not funny. It is quite sad to see that truth be known. HE spamming is the great skill equalizer for those that do not know how or when to use AP. It is a lazy player's mechanic. I fought 2 CAs in my Kirishima showing my full broadside without worry of them nailing me with AP, a Furutaka and a Kirov, either of them could easily citadeled my ship. I shot them to pieces though I was burned to the waterline. During that match before the CAs, I faced another Kirishima spamming HE and I had a soft angle towards it! HE in this game is truly the single most laughable mechanic because it kills ships without much of an effort.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I agree on this but not 15km :ohmy:. The best and effective range for BB to counter cruisers is around 17~18km. :B

I mainly play USN BBs so 15km with that dispersion :D:D:D

575 posts
5,354 battles

and then you'll have "OMG BB SO OP PLZ NERF“ just like the start of OBT

Next to a CV, the BB should be the most feared ship in the game and rightly so. They are OP by their very nature; however, WG has seen fit to ensure that they can barely hit the broadside of a barn until they are in knife fighting range and that is even questionable. Right now, BBs are seen as XP/Credit farming cows for HE and Torpedo spammers. And people wonder and complain at BB players for hanging back and not charging forward. Those that complained they were OP at the start of OBT are reaping their rewards now.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

what if WoWs use same system like WoT that use limited amount of amunitions... so no random and spam shot

575 posts
5,354 battles

what if WoWs use same system like WoT that use limited amount of ammunition... so no random and spam shot

Simple. Warships carried a large amount of rounds and powder bags without need of resupply for long periods of time. A 20 minute battle would never come close to expending a fraction of their magazine capacities.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

No, it's not funny. It is quite sad to see that truth be known. HE spamming is the great skill equalizer for those that do not know how or when to use AP. It is a lazy player's mechanic. I fought 2 CAs in my Kirishima showing my full broadside without worry of them nailing me with AP, a Furutaka and a Kirov, either of them could easily citadeled my ship. I shot them to pieces though I was burned to the waterline. During that match before the CAs, I faced another Kirishima spamming HE and I had a soft angle towards it! HE in this game is truly the single most laughable mechanic because it kills ships without much of an effort.

It is when its just me against 2 Japanese BB ( and quite often  they have 2 or three cruisers with them)and the BB turn away.Fear of HE or not it makes them look bad.

AP can take a lot more skill to get reliable damage though as you say,with HE being easy,and it would have been better if WG came up with a better system . I pretty much only play BB and Cruisers so I do see it from both sides. I do try AP when I am in my Nurnberg but not always able to get good damage from it.My newly acquired Admiral Hipper seems to do well with AP versus BB though.

As for BB being more powerful than they are now,I agree,you are vulnerable between main salvos( and with crappy dispersion anyway),and the auto secondaries don't help with limited range and usually not able to hit anything.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

So players are complaining about the fires on BBs are to high hey WOW REALLY........

Players also saying HE need to be toned down and reduced.....Hmmmm wonder where I have read that before.....

Oh and the great deathskyz say fire on BB needs to be toned down?, wow and wasn't it you deathskyz who once said it was just fine the way it was and that fire only caused 12-17% of total damage on BBs?

I guess your experience of playing high tier BB has changed your mind a little hey.

Guess your Yamato has experienced the HE spamming of the Zao and Des Moines.

I also presume your time spent in Amagi and the lzumo  wasn't  all that great as your winning % of 43 and 40 respectfully in those ships is why you free XP them both.

Yes I might RANT a bit In my topics but my rants have merits.

Maybe players who try to shoot down other players topics should actually experience what the player is talking about before commenting and trying to say that player doesn't know what he talking about hey.  

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Maybe players who try to shoot down other players topics should actually experience what the player is talking about before commenting and trying to say that player doesn't know what he talking about hey.  

I agree that why when there any topic about Destroyer (espacially USN and Russian) i always try butt into that topic since i have confident and know that it will helping peoples not misleading them :P

If i didnt experience it first handed i will try not to put it in the forum :D:D:D

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

I agree that why when there any topic about Destroyer (espacially USN and Russian) i always try butt into that topic since i have confident and know that it will helping peoples not misleading them :P

If i didnt experience it first handed i will try not to put it in the forum :D:D:D

Glad to hear it. nothing worse than others shooting down a topic when they haven't even experienced it, or even played a ship etc.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Glad to hear it. nothing worse than others shooting down a topic when they haven't even experienced it, or even played a ship etc.

But always crossed ur finger when i answering other kind of thread since i t will be just for fun and might not be valid, but still it will be my first handed experience :P