You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tyharo

Ship Acquisition Upgrade and commander skills

6 comments in this topic

[LLBC]
20 posts
3,180 battles

Hi there everyone! I would like to clear my confusion of the Target Acquisition System Modification 1 upgrade. It seems many people are saying that this upgrade is useless and I would like to know exactly why. I've seen many threads saying the same answer but they are all mostly outdated ones, so I decided to post this thread and ask you guys by myself.

So, from what I see in the WOWs wiki, it says this in the upgrade description:

+50% to range of assured acquisition of enemy ships

+20% to maximum acquisition (spotting) range (for both ships and torpedoes)

I know that the second one is that you see ships and torps at a further distance and earlier (is this right, because it would help me a lot to spot torps faster as I am a pure BB player). But I am not sure about what the first one means so can you guys help to explain it to me so that I can decide on what to get when I get the Yamato (I love her but I'm still low tier:amazed:).

Also, can you guys recommend me on what commander skills for the 5 rows to get for BBs in general. Well my current decision is to go like this:

1.Basics of Survivability (-15% to passive repair time, firefighting, and recovery from flooding)

2. Expert Marksman (+0.7 deg/s to the traverse speed of guns with a caliber above 139 mm.)

3. High Alert (-10% to reload time of the Damage Control Party consumable.)

4. Advanced Firing Training (+20% to firing range of primary guns with caliber of up to 139 mm. / Manual Fire Control for AA Armament (For Yamato)

+20% to firing range of secondary guns of any caliber. 
                                                 +20% to AA defense firing range.)
5.Jack of All Trades (-15% to reload time of all consumables.) / Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament (for Yamato)

(Are the manual fire control upgrades it worth it cus in the wiki it says if you don't manually select a target the secondaries/aa won't fire at all at anything)

Thanks for all yours responses in advance :)

[LLBC]
20 posts
3,180 battles

Oh ya and also, I would like to ask if I should keep the Nagato and the Amagi (definitely not the Izumo:D)

Super Tester
1,310 posts

+50% to range of assured acquisition of enemy ships(absolute spotting)

ok i'll explain it here

by default all of us got 2 km absolute spotting

its absolute coz, no island, no smoke, no etc can hamper ur vision..

u can see it even tough that ship is behind the island,

u can see it even tough that ship is sitting inside the smoke.

with that mod upgrade the absolute spotting range will become 3km (2km + 50%)

cruiser with hydro consumable will get 3.75-4.5km(4.7-5.5 for KM cruiser)  absolute spotting when the consumable is active

while radar (USN/USSR cruiser) will increase the absolute spotting range to 8-11km (depend on the the cruiser)

[LLBC]
20 posts
3,180 battles

+50% to range of assured acquisition of enemy ships(absolute spotting)

ok i'll explain it here

by default all of us got 2 km absolute spotting

its absolute coz, no island, no smoke, no etc can hamper ur vision..

u can see it even tough that ship is behind the island,

u can see it even tough that ship is sitting inside the smoke.

with that mod upgrade the absolute spotting range will become 3km (2km + 50%)

cruiser with hydro consumable will get 3.75-4.5km(4.7-5.5 for KM cruiser)  absolute spotting when the consumable is active

while radar (USN/USSR cruiser) will increase the absolute spotting range to 8-11km (depend on the the cruiser)

Thanks for the explanation :), now I finally understand (so do you think I should get this upgrade in the future as a pure BB player?)

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Thanks for the explanation :), now I finally understand (so do you think I should get this upgrade in the future as a pure BB player?)

you would be a rare BB player that goes DD hunting at close ranges lol.

Better off with the 5 point secondaries skill IMO

[LLBC]
20 posts
3,180 battles

you would be a rare BB player that goes DD hunting at close ranges lol.

Better off with the 5 point secondaries skill IMO

Well I normally play my BBs by sniping from afar though...I just wanted to know if the spotting torps faster effect is worth the upgrade