Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Harugumo

We need some better tutorials

13 comments in this topic

634 posts
6,218 battles

I'm not sure if WG implemented any better tutorial since I started. But I feel like the current tutorial is not working.

First of all, game modes, before a player is allowed to enter PVP or even PVE they should be given tutorials on EACH game modes and WIN the battle in order to get into the actual game. Yes, there is, on the game loading screen, a line which tells you what to do in each game mode but 1st hardly anyone READS them, 2nd currently the game only have 4 languages available we are in god damn ASIA server!!

And after they get a new type of ship, they should receive a tutorial on HOW to play it. Like Destroyers should try to hide to an extent and use the white line to guide torps, BBs should stay with ur cruiser teammates. YES there is a line on the matchmaking screen telling you what each type should do but again hardly anyone reads them

And CVs.....................when i started playing CV there is no tutorial whatsoever, I only got to know it when my friend who plays CV tells me how to launch planes and how to manual aim. 

With such a poor tutorial system, of course the gameplay experience will be bad

Seriously  WG do you even try???

Yes you implemented a tutorial page but It need the user to click themselves and watch a video and so no one bother to watch it,

WHY? because it is not complimentary!

Actually implement some REAL tutorial rather than implementing a in-game online video plugin.....

Super Tester
2,725 posts

There are YouTube videos, and 'Guides' section of this forum or other server's. Use google search to find it.

If it's the in-game tutorial, you have to wait. But really, try what's available now than waiting for later.

580 posts
1,587 battles

Here here... A tutorial system should be implemented so as to unlock certain ship classes... Like torpedo tutorial (Do's and Don'ts) if you wish to unlock the DD line...

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

IIRC, population isn't large enough to warrant full translations outside of the four most populous languages. Better tutorials are likely going to be in the works.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

How is this request for tutorial going to be different from PVE?

there will be objectives in the tutorial..

like : get 1 torpedo hit,

cap 1 base...

PvE is good for learning the map, but it still doesnt teach any NEW tactics..

1,126 posts

agreed

tutorial by siting and watching video is kinda pointless.

I don't know now many new player these days, but WG have to make tutorial by make player actually 'doing' it.

no matter how many 'how to' book and guide your read & watch, it's never better than actually doing it. (in closed environment that new player can make full mistake without pissing his teammate)

Edited by PGM991

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

CV, BB aiming and Torpedo range tutorials are needed asap.

They at least need a way to easily let players know that the circles around your ship correspond to the range of your currently selected armament ( especially torpedoes ),that way players can easily see if what they want to shoot at is actually in range.

Oh and in conjunction  let players know that the minimap can be made bigger ( I ave mine maximised ) so they more easily see what is going on as well.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

How is this request for tutorial going to be different from PVE?

How to shoot torp without hit allied ship

How to operate CV without research them first

How to Shoot effectively with BB in long range

How to use consumable perfectly

Seriously, Try to use a gun is easier than watch someone else do it for you

Sign in to follow this