Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SZYZWY

Certain games...

2 comments in this topic

783 posts
4,826 battles

Games like these are what prevents me from ranting on the teammates I get honestly.

http://wowreplays.com/Replay/3443-SZYZWY-Shokaku-Open-Ocean

To those who don't have the time to watch it:

-Ocean Domination Mode-

Bulk of our team goes to C. A few cruisers go to A. We manage to get both points quite easily with the enemy Shimakaze goes to C while our ally Shimakaze then goes to B. Only planes actually get close other ships with ship to ship combat the whole time is >15km. We get ALL 3 points with little to no resistance. Only the enemy shimakaze tries to get to C but is of course spotted and killed due to most if not all of his teammates at the back. Game ends with our battle line forward and the enemy 'not even trying' to contest the caps.

I won't post the battle results since they were negligible enough with how the battle turned out since engagements were few and long distances in between. (Most having below 1000 base EXP)

My point is that, self-preservation is a little too prevalent in these tiers that it didn't feel like a battle. I might not like that behavior to be on most of my allies but having most of them on my enemies doesn't make for fun games either. Although games like these really do make me appreciate my teammates and show me that 'bad' players can be on either team too.

(I say 'bad' because if I were in the enemy team's shoes, the moment I charge is the moment I die with how reluctant everyone was to contest caps like what happened in that game's Atago. It may also have been the better decision on the individual level to actually snipe at max range so I won't take any credit away from them)

108 posts
467 battles

I guess the strategy on high tier games differ due to the increasing firing range ships get in their tiers, though it doesn't necessarily mean you and the enemy team will snipe until one of you stands. The other factor that I considered how did this happen is because of the Map Ocean, there are no really land forms in which a ship may hide and conceal an ambush. I also accepted the fact that each player is different individually and may choose his/her own play style. But having said that, we players need to let go off self-preservation sometimes or if need be in order to achieve a fulfilling and fun battle. Full Speed ahead!! :izmena:

Sign in to follow this