You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Moganite

New bot behaviour spotted for CVs?

10 comments in this topic

333 posts
17,263 battles

I just had a rather strange battle while in my Zuhio. The enemy CVs (also a Zuhio) sent their planes to  the southwest spawn from the north and his planes just circled there until they got shot down by the CA that were there. These planes beelined there and ignored all ships including 2 juicy targets (BBs) they encountered. I was east of this location so i put my fighters between its planes and my ship but they never came. while i completed my first strike on a newmexico that sank.

I completed 2 additional strikes in the time it took to find their CV in the NW corner of the map and as soon as i spotted the CV all of its bomber came out and started attacking the fleet while i engaged the fighters.

Now I know its is possible that the player/bot could of just playing possum til enough of my planes got swatted out of the sky but it is all a bit too odd that they ignored viable targets at the start and stopped over the top of a known spawn location. Also it is more than a little odd that I did not see its planes once they were shot down the first time until I spotted the CV I had time to rearm my planes twice between them getting shot down and when they launched off the CV.

Is this an example of bot like behavior or  not? I decided to err on the side of caution and report it as bot.

4,163 posts
1,877 battles

Might be possible. Submit a replay to support, or at least the name of the player. They can investigate and see if the player does the same thing every match.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

After the recent bot cleanup they've gone and altered their script. This was already expected. Players need to keep sending replays so that the GMs can look for new patterns to keep the heat on them.

333 posts
17,263 battles

I have submitted a ticket and pmed amade the number of the support ticket

I have well over 1000 battles in CV and I haven't seen anyone behave like that except for the other bots that have been removed where they sent fighter to sit in the middle.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,187 battles

Ah, this could explain why someone thought I was a cheater/botting last night.

I was at hotspot standard battle, I was a 222 Hiryu, enemy was 122. Knowing this, I basically just sent all my planes through the middle of the map as soon as they took off (didn't even bother to group them up).

My rationale was to go snipe the CV by going thru the middle since usually there are no ships with AA to stop me. Found the Hiryu on the lower left side (I spawned in the north west), took care of his fighters, and failed the snipe with 600 health left on the enemy hiryu (though most of my attack aircraft made it out). Sent my fighters back to my CV ASAP as the enemy CV was skirting the border with his planes and made it just in time to break up the attack. Called me a cheater and did not bother explaining how I cheated. Just saltiness all around.

That said, I never encountered air groups that just YOLO through enemy ships heading for the enemy CV spawn locations. If I ever see one I'll post here...

333 posts
17,263 battles

Thtas probably a human behind the CV if hes going round the edges

it is because I have seen it occur loads of times and second I also use a tactic like that occasionally if there is say a lemming train.

Edited by Moganite

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Ah, this could explain why someone thought I was a cheater/botting last night.

I was at hotspot standard battle, I was a 222 Hiryu, enemy was 122. Knowing this, I basically just sent all my planes through the middle of the map as soon as they took off (didn't even bother to group them up).

My rationale was to go snipe the CV by going thru the middle since usually there are no ships with AA to stop me. Found the Hiryu on the lower left side (I spawned in the north west), took care of his fighters, and failed the snipe with 600 health left on the enemy hiryu (though most of my attack aircraft made it out). Sent my fighters back to my CV ASAP as the enemy CV was skirting the border with his planes and made it just in time to break up the attack. Called me a cheater and did not bother explaining how I cheated. Just saltiness all around.

That said, I never encountered air groups that just YOLO through enemy ships heading for the enemy CV spawn locations. If I ever see one I'll post here...

You haven't come up against me then yet lol ;)

892 posts
7,853 battles

You ban 1 script, another will rise up to take its place. We players need to remain vigilant and lodge reports and more importantly, WG must be able to take punitive measures swiftly and decisively. Are there GMs who log in as "ghosts" to spectate/check/audit on games-in-progress? This would be a good to have feature.