Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BottleneckedGaming

Matchmaking is too brutal?

23 comments in this topic

189 posts
4,857 battles

For the start

How can a Zuiho faces not one but TWO USN carriers (Langley and Bogue)(view screenshot: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B92NIBVnLo0KZXhtdnc1V2djOVk)

Secondly

Bogue is running 201 flight control -> 4 vs 18 fighters at once?

Thirdly

The result is that though it's tier 5 I only managed to get 418 XP which is basically low tiers' earning

Hope something better would be seen soon

359 posts
2,819 battles

How can a Zuiho faces not one but TWO USN carriers

Your team got a Langley.

Yes. Your counting is correct. Your side got 10 vs 18 fighters. And get 4+4+4(you ) +6+6(Langey)= 24 bombers. His side Langley 6+6 Bogue 6 =18 bombers

The result is that though it's tier 5 I only managed to get 418 XP

Well, you lost and probably got not much damage due to enemy AS. Normal.

I never like facing an AS Bogue while playing a Zuiho. Some people will disagree but that's what I feel.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

MM will always be shoddy. Unless WG makes it 0+0- (dear lord the wait times would go through the roof) MM will always be brutal for someone.

43 posts
11,701 battles

Zuihou and Langley vs Bogue and Langley. Nothing wrong with that. Team up with the Langley.

Even if they have more fighters, your planes are faster. That's the Japanese fighter's advantage.

Do strafing runs to fight them or lure them into friendly aa fire.

As for the low xp you just need to play better. I can easily get over 1000xp when i played zuihou.

724 posts
2,183 battles

pfffft

If you think your MM is brutal, look at mine.

7LclEIq.jpg?1

btw we still won the game

Edited by xDave1337x

783 posts
4,824 battles

Your team got a Langley.

Yes. Your counting is correct. Your side got 10 vs 18 fighters. And get 4+4+4(you ) +6+6(Langey)= 24 bombers. His side Langley 6+6 Bogue 6 =18 bombers

I never like facing an AS Bogue while playing a Zuiho. Some people will disagree but that's what I feel.

I don't know any Zuiho player that doesn't hate facing against an AS Bogue. :great:

783 posts
4,824 battles

The "I land one torp run mean I out-damaged you" guy.

Outdamage sure, but to actually 'enjoy'/like a game where it's an eternal cat and mouse from the get go to deal damage takes some amount of masochism. :rolleyes:

189 posts
4,857 battles

pfffft

If you think your MM is brutal, look at mine.

7LclEIq.jpg?1

btw we still won the game

Agreed that the BB and CV setup is balanced, but the CA and DD setup is too OP for the enemy team

189 posts
4,857 battles

Your team got a Langley.

Zuihou and Langley vs Bogue and Langley. Nothing wrong with that. Team up with the Langley.

Even if they have more fighters, your planes are faster. That's the Japanese fighter's advantage.

Do strafing runs to fight them or lure them into friendly aa fire.

As for the low xp you just need to play better. I can easily get over 1000xp when i played zuihou.

Not a bug report. Moving to appropriate forum.

If you do notice carefully the you all may see the Langley has got only 72 XP (which is really... low) and by the way the noob Langley donated all his fighters at the beginning by just throwing them at the enemy team to spot their carrier and there were too many ships in front of the carrier so all of his planes were down instantly. Then the enemy Langley went ahead and didn't even bother using his dive bombers and one shotted him with one torpedo salvo. After that at least a squadron of fighters were over my head and not in my AA range so they were effectively disallowing me to do anything until the end of the battle

-> Zuiho and noob Langley vs gosu Langley and 201 Bogue

Edited by BottleneckedGaming

783 posts
4,824 battles

If you do notice carefully the you all may see the Langley has got only 72 XP (which is really... low) and by the way the noob Langley donated all his fighters at the beginning by just throwing them at the enemy team to spot their carrier and there were too many ships in front of the carrier so all of his planes were down instantly. Then the enemy Langley went ahead and didn't even bother using his dive bombers and one shotted him with one torpedo salvo. After that at least a squadron of fighters were over my head and not in my AA range so they were effectively disallowing me to do anything until the end of the battle

MM doesn't take into account player skill. You just got unlucky with the matchup.

I'm sure you won't be posting this game now if you had the gosu Langley and the enemy had the noob one.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

That's still not a bug. MM matches CVs of equal tier to each other, maximum of two CVs in a match. Two tier 4 CVs, one on each team (both Langleys), two tier 5 CVs, one on each team (You, a Zuihou, against a Bogue). Your team has more strike capabilites thanks to your presence. Enemy Bogue was running AS, so they had more fighter presence. Which means you're locked into playing cat-and-mouse with his fighters with your strike squadrons and landing hits where his fighters are not, or baiting his fighters over allied AA (the Furutakas, Kirov and Kongous have decent AA and will shoot down fighters). Your team's Langley played badly, sure. Still not a bug. You just got severely outplayed.

359 posts
2,819 battles

So, the Langley play poorly. AFAIK the MM doesn't take player stat into consideration (how good player is). So it give you tier 4 and 5 CVs on each team. What's wrong? There's none.

Yes it is really a hard battle for you, but it's not MM fault, and is not a bug (since you quote Syanda)

Edit: reported Syanda and SZYZWY for steal my post idea:izmena:

There's mod in this topic that will look at...oh..never mind. He's right above me.

kidding of cause.

Edited by Hero_of_Zero

892 posts
7,853 battles

Yesterday, I got matched into a team with 2 tier X (1 BB + 1 CA) against a team with 6 tier X (all CA if memory serves). By sheer team work, we managed to rout the opposing team.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

For the start

How can a Zuiho faces not one but TWO USN carriers (Langley and Bogue)(view screenshot: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B92NIBVnLo0KZXhtdnc1V2djOVk)

Secondly

Thirdly

The result is that though it's tier 5 I only managed to get 418 XP which is basically low tiers' earning

Hope something better would be seen soon

Lame whine. Come play in beta. Back in the days, i fight a taiho and a shokaku(2v1) on my lexington on a 10vs15 game and i can still win doing almost 100 plane kills.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Lame whine. Come play in beta. Back in the days, i fight a taiho and a shokaku(2v1) on my lexington on a 10vs15 game and i can still win doing almost 100 plane kills.

yea that was real brutal :D:D:D

189 posts
4,857 battles

Since WG didn't (and not until now) have done anh changes in CV matchmaking (not calculating player stats)

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Since WG didn't (and not until now) have done anh changes in CV matchmaking (not calculating player stats)

Back in CBT, we didn't have the equal number of equal tier CVs in matchmaking. This was changed after overwhelming player feedback. MM now is a hell lot more favourable for CVs than it was back then.

Sign in to follow this