Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

No CV option needed urgently

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
753 posts
8,965 battles

There really needs to be an option whereby you choose to play matches without CV's, I've said it many times before and I'll say it again.

 

98% of CV players are absolutely useless and have no idea.

 

Given the fact that when CV's are in a match their performance is detrimental to the outcome of the match and a player in that minority 2% can run amok knowing that from all probability the opposing CV's are most likely from the 98% group.

 

Then there's the factor of me and others trying to cover their sorry asses to our own expense and the impact on the teams score with their eventual sinking only to see post match that they have contributed nothing to the team.

 

The aspect of playing in a CV originally attracted me to this game but it didn't take me long to realize that I sucked in them and was hampering my team.

 

Therefore I beg those 98% to do likewise (you know who you are so why persist) or give an option to play matches without them.

 

End of rant for now until my next match with CV's of course.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,706 posts
7,273 battles

If you get a no-CV option, may I get a no-cruiser option when i play DD?                                                                                                

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

If you get a no-CV option, may I get a no-cruiser option when i play DD?                                                                                                

 

while we're at it can i get a aim assist when i'm in BB's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
359 posts
2,819 battles

Play CV. Want an only BB option

Play CA. Want CA only option (yes I don't like facing DD even in a CA)

Play BB. Want CA only option

Play DD. Want BB only option

 

Oh, bring the aim assist too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
784 posts
4,856 battles

How about turning the idea all around?

 

Have an option at where the player can choose to be set in matches only WITH a CV(s). It's more for those who run AA spec ships and equip Defensive AA fire since it'd be such a waste if they get matched in a 'no CV' game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,145 battles

There really needs to be an option whereby you choose to play matches without CV's, I've said it many times before and I'll say it again.

 

98% of CV players are absolutely useless and have no idea.

 

Given the fact that when CV's are in a match their performance is detrimental to the outcome of the match and a player in that minority 2% can run amok knowing that from all probability the opposing CV's are most likely from the 98% group.

 

Then there's the factor of me and others trying to cover their sorry asses to our own expense and the impact on the teams score with their eventual sinking only to see post match that they have contributed nothing to the team.

 

The aspect of playing in a CV originally attracted me to this game but it didn't take me long to realize that I sucked in them and was hampering my team.

 

Therefore I beg those 98% to do likewise (you know who you are so why persist) or give an option to play matches without them.

 

End of rant for now until my next match with CV's of course.

 

 

Hmmm.... 98% of CV players are noobs and useless...

 

Well than, how do you explain these than?

 

  1. Team decides to kemp bush, not attacking and break up CA escorts
  2. Team decides not to capture points because they are busy bush kemping
  3. CV planes get chewed up by CA AA because team refuses to attack and force the CA escorts to break
  4. Team runs away leaving the CV behind. CV gets CV sniped while running after the team for AA
  5. Team decides that it's best to serve themselves as kills on a silver platter to the enemy while CV tries their best to save the team from annihilation
  6. CV directs and pings targets of opportunity or softened targets but teams are busy bush kemping or turning tail

 

So really... Tell me... If your apparent statistical "98% of CV players are dumb idiots (I don't care if I get accused of being in that statistical range of dumb players)", explain the above observations I made as tier 7 - 9 CV player?

 

From what I see, the apparent gross tonnage and sheer thickness of a BB's armour impedes the tactical and mental flexibility of players.

 

Thanks to the n number of times I "fall into the 98% statistics group" I'm forced to dump my rage I have of tier 9 teams using Mommy Hosho and Ol'Langley... At least teams at that tier play better than those at high tiers...

Edited by Makise_Kuristina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,145 battles

And please don't go using "Oh CVs can strike ANYWHERE ANYTIME on their whim"

 

That excuse is invalid.

 

Why? Because like it or not, CV players depends on the team as well.

 

We depend on you to help us break up enemy escorts

 

We sometimes depend on you to give some AA escort for the 1st half or few minutes

 

We sometimes need you to follow up on our attacks that softened the enemy before hand

 

We depend on you to capture points and not kemp bush

 

We sometimes depend on you to also feed us with intelligence reports as we may miss somethings on the map

 

We really love if you follow our planes in as we vector you in to targets of opportunity or priority targets

 

Really before you call "98% of CV players as dumb idiots", please, PLEASE, I beg of you while being on my knees, also consider what the other classes do or do not do before making these biased and prejudiced replies.

Edited by Makise_Kuristina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

Division with a CV player within the 2% then :)

 

  1. Team decides to kemp bush, not attacking and break up CA escorts
  2. Team decides not to capture points because they are busy bush kemping
  3. CV planes get chewed up by CA AA because team refuses to attack and force the CA escorts to break
  4. Team runs away leaving the CV behind. CV gets CV sniped while running after the team for AA
  5. Team decides that it's best to serve themselves as kills on a silver platter to the enemy while CV tries their best to save the team from annihilation
  6. CV directs and pings targets of opportunity or softened targets but teams are busy bush kemping or turning tail

 

1. You can perhaps aim for isolated targets.
2. Is there sufficient information to cap? You can spot the area for DDs and dangers. If they're not listening or playing the objective then there is nothing you can do.
3. Sending your planes into enemy AA isn't your team's fault. 
4. You shouldn't stay at your spawn location and should move with your team but behind them. You should also ask for AA from a cruiser to prevent a CV snipe.
5 and 6. You are controlling planes and not your team's ships unfortunately so again, nothing you can do.
 

Thanks to the n number of times I "fall into the 98% statistics group" I'm forced to dump my rage I have of tier 9 teams using Mommy Hosho and Ol'Langley... At least teams at that tier play better than those at high tiers...

 

Generally the skill level of lower tiers are lower meaning you are seal clubbing with the T4 carriers. Perhaps training with your T9 carrier would be better as that requires more skill. IMO the CV class is the biggest carry especially at higher tiers. Sure you may rely of a CA to cover you but you are the biggest influence.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,145 battles

Division with a CV player within the 2% then :)

 

 

1. You can perhaps aim for isolated targets.

2. Is there sufficient information to cap? You can spot the area for DDs and dangers. If they're not listening or playing the objective then there is nothing you can do.

3. Sending your planes into enemy AA isn't your team's fault. 

4. You shouldn't stay at your spawn location and should move with your team but behind them. You should also ask for AA from a cruiser to prevent a CV snipe.

5 and 6. You are controlling planes and not your team's ships unfortunately so again, nothing you can do.

 

 

Generally the skill level of lower tiers are lower meaning you are seal clubbing with the T4 carriers. Perhaps training with your T9 carrier would be better as that requires more skill. IMO the CV class is the biggest carry especially at higher tiers. Sure you may rely of a CA to cover you but you are the biggest influence.

 

 

Allow me to address your suggestions one at a time

 

Yes I do look out for isolated trgets but can't seem to find any. They always have a CA or 2 around them

 

Yes I do spot for them and try to vector in the ships but they're busy bush kemping

 

If the only target is a ship ball, what can I do? Asked the team to attack the ship ball yet they're busy bush kemping and/or turning tail

 

No I don't stay. I move around. Plenty of times my team runs away from me when they see plane swarm coming my way. 

 

So is it fair to whitewash CV players as dumb idiots when the team really does nothing and blames it all on CV?

 

As far as possible, I try not to sea clubbing in Mommy Hosho and Ol'Langley. But the degeneracy at toer 9 forces me to do so to maintain my sanity in the CV line. I get more cooperative teams for Hiryuu and Shokaku. Even if it's a loss for Hiryuu and Shokaku, it's not one served on a silver platter like what Taiho gets.

 

60/171 wins in Taiho really makes you contemplate of scuttling yourself right at the start. For every Taiho win, I got to pay like what... 10-15 or even 20 continious idiotic losses?

 

Don't get me wrong. I'm ok with losses but not one seeved on a silver platter to the enemy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
84 posts
4,438 battles

 

Yes I do spot for them and try to vector in the ships but they're busy bush kemping

 

 

For most of time reason behind those who were bush kemping are because that they're afraid to get sunk in the first 5min. of them battle without doing anything significant. The only way to get them out of their bush is to give then information they want(where does the enemy fleet heading to or where are those shimakaze or where's that Yamato heading. Pay extra attention on a ship with a lot of fear factor.). When they are sure that there won't be a significant harm awaiting for them they become a greedy person and race for damage. But that also meaning that you won't be able to do a dirty lot of damage in the early game but in a mid game(considering you're not sniped) you'll a terror from the sky since most cruiser can't do aa from the bottom of the ocean and the lesser ship there are the more isolated they become, except for that you're facing a midway running air superiority.

Hope my information are helpful ;) since that was a secret behind my 55%wr in the indy(well it used to be 43%) but please note that those information are based on my experience on what an ideal cv should be from gunboat's perspective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
199 posts
6,050 battles

Blame the repair bills. If high tier game's repair bill is like tier 5's repair bill, everyone will go YOLO'ing to the front. Just remember to feed them with information, like about the torpedo wall, Shima-tan's or other DDs location and where are the Yamatos.

Let's just wait until WG does the 20% discount on high tier's repair bill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
199 posts
6,050 battles

Is the discount permanent?

If I'm right, they are going to apply it on the next update. It is on testing, so don't expect it to be permanent. Takaru_Asia mentioned this on his thread.

this topic made me hurt T_T i try to save people by 1 FT but i can't i got 3 DB T_T

I know how you feel. Riding a USN CV with Bomber Loadout, and you're enemy is using the same loadout, or worse, the Japanese CV. Can't do anything except watching your battleship teammates melt. And you just have to kill the enemy's battleship faster than them or do a CV Snipe.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

Playing with AA specced ships with Premium Defensive Fire Consumable has proven to be effective way to get CV-less games

 

This, all the damn time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Division with a CV player within the 2% then :)

 

 

1. You can perhaps aim for isolated targets.

2. Is there sufficient information to cap? You can spot the area for DDs and dangers. If they're not listening or playing the objective then there is nothing you can do.

3. Sending your planes into enemy AA isn't your team's fault. 

4. You shouldn't stay at your spawn location and should move with your team but behind them. You should also ask for AA from a cruiser to prevent a CV snipe.

5 and 6. You are controlling planes and not your team's ships unfortunately so again, nothing you can do.

 

 

Generally the skill level of lower tiers are lower meaning you are seal clubbing with the T4 carriers. Perhaps training with your T9 carrier would be better as that requires more skill. IMO the CV class is the biggest carry especially at higher tiers. Sure you may rely of a CA to cover you but you are the biggest influence.

 

 

1. Not all isolated targets are the best targets. CV has a bird's eyeview of the battlefield and knows what's the best to do(at least for me obviously not all CVs).

2. Scouting is not the primary job of CVs. If the oppsing enemy CV proved to be a menace, I try to snipe them before anything else. Let him scout all he wants because he's only gonna last 5 minutes. After he dies, i can scout all you want and my team can be assured that no CV will attack and scout them.

3. Of course, and getting your ship torped to death then blaming CV for no scout is not a CV's fault too.

4. obviously. there will be certain situations that you can't move with your team(you are in a USN CV and your team is pushing hard). USN CVs have BB-like detection and you will die if you move with them

 

For most of time reason behind those who were bush kemping are because that they're afraid to get sunk in the first 5min. of them battle without doing anything significant. The only way to get them out of their bush is to give then information they want(where does the enemy fleet heading to or where are those shimakaze or where's that Yamato heading. Pay extra attention on a ship with a lot of fear factor.). When they are sure that there won't be a significant harm awaiting for them they become a greedy person and race for damage. But that also meaning that you won't be able to do a dirty lot of damage in the early game but in a mid game(considering you're not sniped) you'll a terror from the sky since most cruiser can't do aa from the bottom of the ocean and the lesser ship there are the more isolated they become, except for that you're facing a midway running air superiority.

Hope my information are helpful ;) since that was a secret behind my 55%wr in the indy(well it used to be 43%) but please note that those information are based on my experience on what an ideal cv should be from gunboat's perspective.

 

  Been in countless teams in my CV. Sniped the enemy CV in my first wave within 2 minutes. Scouted for the rest of the game. Killed ships of opportunity. doing 200kish damage on shokaku and team still camps and we end up losing to base points. It's not about information. IF you are with crap team, you are in a crap team.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,145 battles

 

1. Not all isolated targets are the best targets. CV has a bird's eyeview of the battlefield and knows what's the best to do(at least for me obviously not all CVs).

2. Scouting is not the primary job of CVs. If the oppsing enemy CV proved to be a menace, I try to snipe them before anything else. Let him scout all he wants because he's only gonna last 5 minutes. After he dies, i can scout all you want and my team can be assured that no CV will attack and scout them.

3. Of course, and getting your ship torped to death then blaming CV for no scout is not a CV's fault too.

4. obviously. there will be certain situations that you can't move with your team(you are in a USN CV and your team is pushing hard). USN CVs have BB-like detection and you will die if you move with them

 

  Been in countless teams in my CV. Sniped the enemy CV in my first wave within 2 minutes. Scouted for the rest of the game. Killed ships of opportunity. doing 200kish damage on shokaku and team still camps and we end up losing to base points. It's not about information. IF you are with crap team, you are in a crap team.

 

 

 

I love you...

 

About CV snipe... I try though most, if not, always, the enemy CV is escorted by CAs...

 

So I end up dispelling all my CV rage at tier 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×