XP_On

Need advice about me (XP_On)

80 comments in this topic

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Update January 2017

I can't believe how much i advance from April 2016 to this date... lots of things happen and i am so happy playing with everyone...

going to forum, asking for stuff, using voice chat really improve me and make the game became more fun.

thanks again for everyone... please keep giving me guidance and be my div mates and sail together on this hard sea...

Furutaka - Aoba - Mogami - Tachibana - Kamikaze R - Fubuki - Hatsuharu - Akatsuki - Kagero - Ishizuchi - Fuso - Nagato - Amagi - Izumo - Yamato - Hosho - Zuiho - Ryujo - Phoenix - Marblehead - Cleveland - Pensacola - Smith - Nicholas - Farragut - Mahan - Sims - Benson - Fletcher - Texas - New Mexico - Langley - Orlan - Bogatyr - Kirov - Murmansk - Budyonny - Shchors - Derzki - Podvoisky - Gremyashchy - Gnevny - Minsk - Kiev - Ognevoi - Udaloi - Tashkent - Emden - Konigsberg - Numberg - Admiral Graf Spee - V-25 - V-170 - T-22 - Kaiser - Konig - Bayern - Gneisenau - Bismarck - Black Swan - Emerald - Leander - Campbeltown - Warspite - Anshan - Lo Yang - Perth - ARP Myoko - ARP Ashigara - ARP Haguro - ARP Nachi - ARP Takao - ARP Kongo - ARP Kirishima - ARP Haruna - ARP Hiei - Southern Dragon

ORIGINAL POST:

First of all thanks for reading this.

Personally i love this game... WoWs became the only game i play everyday in my PC since August 2015. 

spend some doublon (total amount will be around 12.000, not much but it cost me a month salary)

Love Ars Nova before paling this game and when they collaborating, i jump in joy because of that.

but lately i kinda discourage and feel useless..... i realize that after more than 2000 battles fought i only manage to have 50% win rate, and 600 average score with 20.000 average damage and ofcourse 0.7 kill death ratio..

it make me wonder if i am not fit for this game... 

make me wonder if my teammates hates the fact that they are on the same team with me....

so i create this thread in hoping that some of you might have opinion, 

maybe by reviewing those opinion i might be better in the future...

thanks again and sorry for my bad english.

-----

http://warships.today/player/2008772655/asia/XP_On

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/community/accounts/2008772655-XP_On/!/pvp/overview/

Edited by XP_On

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Nah you're fine, I'm approaching 3000 battles and I only have a 49/50% win rate, my other stats are slightly higher but I really wouldn't worry about it. I feel pretty discouraged from playing with my stats as well, and I generally feel the same way as you do, so you're not alone. But at the end of the day it is just a game and some entertainment, so as long as you're having fun then who cares what others think about you.

Your English is pretty decent as well, better than some I've seen on here. :)

Feel free to add/chat to me in game if you'd like.

Edited by ADM_dude

580 posts
1,587 battles

Nah, don't let these numbers tell you who you are... That's for you to know... We actually have similar stats and I don't let it get to me because I know how I was when I started and I know where I am now and I am happy to know the progress I've been making and the direction I'm going...

And also, these numbers are not just influenced by you... We all know how "Random" RB can get (how you win, how you lose, how that torpedo salvo took out two instead of one, how a CV was able to ram a DD, etc...). RB has a lot of uncertainties and I think it's how you can adapt to them that's the real skill... If you win, well d*mn good job!. If you lose, there's always the next match...

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Nah your fine, I'm approaching 3000 battles and I only have a 49/50% win rate, my other stats are slightly higher but I really wouldn't worry about it. I feel pretty discouraged from playing with my stats as well, and I generally feel the same way as you do, so you're not alone. But at the end of the day it is just a game and some entertainment, so as long as you're having fun then who cares what others think about you.

+1

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Nah your fine, I'm approaching 3000 battles and I only have a 49/50% win rate, my other stats are slightly higher but I really wouldn't worry about it. I feel pretty discouraged from playing with my stats as well, and I generally feel the same way as you do, so you're not alone. But at the end of the day it is just a game and some entertainment, so as long as you're having fun then who cares what others think about you.

i do have tons of fun... sometimes i have the glory moment where i manage to help the team by turning the table (cap base) but sometimes i feel bad because even after dealling that many damage, the team still lost....

but i will keep try to improve...

and I will add you. thanks again 

Nah, don't let these numbers tell you who you are... That's for you to know... We actually have similar stats and I don't let it get to me because I know how I was when I started and I know where I am now and I am happy to know the progress I've been making and the direction I'm going...

And also, these numbers are not just influenced by you... We all know how "Random" RB can get (how you win, how you lose, how that torpedo salvo took out two instead of one, how a CV was able to ram a DD, etc...). RB has a lot of uncertainties and I think it's how you can adapt to them that's the real skill... If you win, well d*mn good job!. If you lose, there's always the next match...

yeah.. you are right... actually i learn a lot this past month... playing with experience people and learning from my mistakes...

the RB really got me sometimes... and the AFK & BOT tragedy also.... but i will try and try and try.....

what make me sad is because my death / kill ratio is less than 1, so i kinda think that i am useless, but then i think getting the kill ribbon is not the main purpose right? there are other ways to help the team without getting the kill...

+1

The point is to have fun:playing:

I am.. hahaha. thanks ..

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

At least you're having fun then. :D

You've had some monster games with massive damage so that's pretty cool. Do you play too aggressively? You could probably try to stay alive for longer so you could make a bigger impact later on.:great:

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

i do have tons of fun... sometimes i have the glory moment where i manage to help the team by turning the table (cap base) but sometimes i feel bad because even after dealling that many damage, the team still lost....

but i will keep try to improve...

and I will add you. thanks again 

No worries. yeah I know that feeling too about when my team loses too, I look forward to div'ing up and chatting with you :) 

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

At least you're having fun then. :D

You've had some monster games with massive damage so that's pretty cool. Do you play too aggressively? You could probably try to stay alive for longer so you could make a bigger impact later on.:great:

Yeah, i still try to kill as many enemy ship as fast as possible... i really have bad record and memory where half of my team dies before me and make me panic....

most of that massive damage game happen when i am on fuso...

No worries. yeah I know that feeling too about when my team loses too, I look forward to div'ing up and chatting with you :) 

:honoring:

also i think many DD in tier 5 is now became ninja.... spotted in 5km range.. not 6 anymore....

580 posts
1,587 battles

yeah.. you are right... actually i learn a lot this past month... playing with experience people and learning from my mistakes...

the RB really got me sometimes... and the AFK & BOT tragedy also.... but i will try and try and try.....

what make me sad is because my death / kill ratio is less than 1, so i kinda think that i am useless, but then i think getting the kill ribbon is not the main purpose right? there are other ways to help the team without getting the kill...

You should've seen me today, I was raging so hard because RNG trolled me and having a cold so it was hard to accurately shoot with a runny nose:teethhappy:

I don't think the Kill/Death ratio is any indicator of good captainship at all... Personally it pays even more to be prudent, knowing and picking your battles really helps out the team by not dying early on for the sake of securing a kill and giving the enemy points...

Heck, I know I had to give up many kills just so I could secure myself after gravely wounding the enemy sometimes even giving that kill to the next guy... and it is in this method that I end up in the top 5 post match (half the time) because I widened my damage potential... Damage is the name of the game I'd say...

If you're on DDs, securing a capture point does net it more exp than a kill... spotting for your teamates is a Godsend for all players... for CA/CLs AA screening, and hanging around BBs does attract DDs making that kill come to you instead...

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Bugger the stats, FULL STEAM AHEAD !!

Aye aye captain! :honoring:  full speed ahead 

lets go into the battle:izmena:

You should've seen me today, I was raging so hard because RNG trolled me and having a cold so it was hard to accurately shoot with a runny nose:teethhappy:

I don't think the Kill/Death ratio is any indicator of good captainship at all... Personally it pays even more to be prudent, knowing and picking your battles really helps out the team by not dying early on for the sake of securing a kill and giving the enemy points...

Heck, I know I had to give up many kills just so I could secure myself after gravely wounding the enemy sometimes even giving that kill to the next guy... and it is in this method that I end up in the top 5 post match (half the time) because I widened my damage potential... Damage is the name of the game I'd say...

If you're on DDs, securing a capture point does net it more exp than a kill... spotting for your teamates is a Godsend for all players... for CA/CLs AA screening, and hanging around BBs does attract DDs making that kill come to you instead...

i need to work on that, because rarely i stay alive until the middle part of the match cause i tend to die early (that is why my title is "exit to port" wkwkwkwkwkwk)

i really hope i can get a match where the whole 12 player cooperate.....

28 posts
919 battles

Oyy oyy~! I feel that as long as you are having fun, thats all it matters! I play lesser than you, also with lesser win rates, but i have fun whenever i play! 

Also, those are just numbers. You are considered a veteran player! You can help others by giving them advice, and have more friends play with you and like i said just have fun! 

Just dont play too much though, its easy to get desensitized if you play round the clock tbh. 

FULL SAIL AHEAD! :izmena:

Edited by Karaaa

Beta Tester
24 posts
9,110 battles

First of all thanks for reading this.

Personally i love this game... WoWs became the only game i play everyday in my PC since August 2015. 

spend some doublon (total amount will be around 12.000, not much but it cost me a month salary)

Love Ars Nova before paling this game and when they collaborating, i jump in joy because of that.

but lately i kinda discourage and feel useless..... i realize that after more than 2000 battles fought i only manage to have 50% win rate, and 600 average score with 20.000 average damage and ofcourse 0.7 kill death ratio..

it make me wonder if i am not fit for this game... 

make me wonder if my teammates hates the fact that they are on the same team with me....

so i create this thread in hoping that some of you might have opinion, 

maybe by reviewing those opinion i might be better in the future...

thanks again and sorry for my bad english.

-----

http://warships.today/player/2008772655/asia/XP_On

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/community/accounts/2008772655-XP_On/!/pvp/overview/

dont get so depressing

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/community/accounts/2007727831-HarunaWaDaijobu/

2500games fought

only get 43%win rate

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Nah you're fine, I'm approaching 3000 battles and I only have a 49/50% win rate, my other stats are slightly higher but I really wouldn't worry about it. I feel pretty discouraged from playing with my stats as well, and I generally feel the same way as you do, so you're not alone. But at the end of the day it is just a game and some entertainment, so as long as you're having fun then who cares what others think about you.

I totally agree even you have high winrate % but if really have to work hard to retain it and not actually having fun i dont think that will make you happy :D:D:D

724 posts
2,188 battles

Just like most of them said, don't let the numbers define what kind of player you are.

The most important thing here is that you enjoy playing this game, and even when you're failing in a match, you have fun doing so.

There are times when you have to be serious too, just make sure you get a good mix between derping around and playing seriously.

I suggest playing in a Div with your friends, especially those with a good sense of humor. like me I'm a captain with good sense of humor! Notice me senpai!

153 posts
3,262 battles

You played a lot more destroyers which has way lower damage output than say a BB/CV.... I will not be worrying too much about the stats... I have games where I average 90k damage for that day and i lost every single match... :D

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Oyy oyy~! I feel that as long as you are having fun, thats all it matters! I play lesser than you, also with lesser win rates, but i have fun whenever i play! 

Also, those are just numbers. You are considered a veteran player! You can help others by giving them advice, and have more friends play with you and like i said just have fun! 

Just dont play too much though, its easy to get desensitized if you play round the clock tbh. 

FULL SAIL AHEAD! :izmena:

i will try to help people from now, and will try to enjoy every game without thinking about those numbers anymore :D Thanks

dont get so depressing

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/community/accounts/2007727831-HarunaWaDaijobu/

2500games fought

only get 43%win rate

8-6 kapten!

you are a veteran player who came back after take a break right? if i'm not mistaken ....

and a fellow player from indonesia..

I totally agree even you have high winrate % but if really have to work hard to retain it and not actually having fun i dont think that will make you happy :D:D:D

yes. thanks again for the advice... will forget about those unnecessary numbers from now on :teethhappy:

Just like most of them said, don't let the numbers define what kind of player you are.

The most important thing here is that you enjoy playing this game, and even when you're failing in a match, you have fun doing so.

There are times when you have to be serious too, just make sure you get a good mix between derping around and playing seriously.

I suggest playing in a Div with your friends, especially those with a good sense of humor. like me I'm a captain with good sense of humor! Notice me senpai!

i will try to notice you... but i afraid i wont have enough qualification to be a good div teamates

That's because you hide outside detection range invisi-firing and sinking everyone :P

I really hate Mahan for this kind of tactics....

You played a lot more destroyers which has way lower damage output than say a BB/CV.... I will not be worrying too much about the stats... I have games where I average 90k damage for that day and i lost every single match... :D

yeah.. I like a fast ship so destroyers fit me well. 

but lately i start playing a lot of cruiser (try to taste what Russian Cruiser like, Germany Cruiser too...)

My current Tech Tree / Shipyard: (including the ones i already sold)

Destroyer = 

tier 4 Clemson Hull B

tier 5 Gnevny Hull B

tier 5  Kamikaze Premium

tier 7 Hatsuharu Hull B 

Cruiser = 

tier 4 Svietlana Hull B

tier 5 Furutaka Hull C

tier 5 Konigsberg Hull A

tier 6 Cleveland Ellite

tier 7 Pensacola Hull A

tier 7 ARP Myoko Premium

Battleship =

tier 5 New York Hull A

tier 5 ARP Kongo Premium

tier 5 ARP Kirishima Premium

tier 6 Fuso Ellite

tier 7 Nagato Hull A

Aircraft Carrier = 

tier 4 Langley Hull A

tier 5 Zuiho Elite

tier 6 Ryujo Hull A

any advice on which ship i need to focus unlock next? thanks

153 posts
3,262 battles

German CA series have quite paper armour.. K berg has 50mm max if im not wrong and N berg has like 80mm max.... you need to rush through to Yorck before you can see some light at the end of the tunnel...

If you want some challenge then go down the German CA route... :D:D:D

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

German CA series have quite paper armour.. K berg has 50mm max if im not wrong and N berg has like 80mm max.... you need to rush through to Yorck before you can see some light at the end of the tunnel...

If you want some challenge then go down the German CA route... :D:D:D

Not in the mood for a hard game ...  i think i will play them nice and steady.....or saving up free xp from other ship right?