You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Saltyroo_58

Game freeze at start of battle

12 comments in this topic

[_BST_]
39 posts
13,306 battles

Please I am in need of some help since I received a email questionnaire asking if I had experienced any game crashes or freezing problems which I happily answered NO  big mistake every time I try to log into the game I get a freeze on the game loading screen after a couple of try's I get into the game all good then when I try to start a battle bingo I get a freeze in the battle loading screen where the battle has obviously started but not for me as ships are getting destroyed and going blank on the screen this happens for about two or three games then clears up everything back to normal . This is really starting to get me mad for I'm losing flags and doubloons and valuable experience points as now I often don't get control of my ship till it has been sunk . What can I do to rectify this problem I have attached a screen shot as proof of this sorry it's a bit blurry .20160405_164142.jpg  HELP !!

20160405_164142.jpg

695 posts
2,153 battles

We need more info please

any mods (try without)

PC specs?

Has it happened since last update / previous update etc

[_BST_]
39 posts
13,306 battles

Thanks everyone for the quick reply I have not installed any mods I did not know there was any I will check though and do that. It's a funny problem as you can tell your in for a problem as the game takes a long time to load and start and when you go to battle it will happen once or twice then it clears up and you don't have the problem again in the time I play . P.S do these mods have to be installed by you or are they in game things ?

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

is this happen on the first game ? i known a friend of mine who always lag behind if it was his first match of that day...

we suspect it is because the windows...

Super Tester
1,310 posts

mod is something that installed by you..

something like interface change(GUI, crosshair, etc) , ship skins, or additional component (like training mod, smoke circle, etc)

or maybe installed by mod pack like aslain, etc.

anyway, the mod location usually is at "res_mods\magicnumber\" folder..

there is 2 way to run the game without mods.

1. permanent way : remove any file inside "res_mods\magicnumber\" folder (keep the "magicnumber" folder tough, just delete the the file inside it)
2. one time way : in launcher, there is a little arrow in right side of "PLAY". click that arrow, and u will find new option to run the game in save mode. in save mode, the game will not load any mods from "res_mods" folder

also to prevent broken client, DO NOT ever mess the "res" folder. just leave it alone

okay i think that's for modding knowledge

now for technical thing.

VERY long loading time usually happened when ur system is busy

DO NOT start the game right after u boot up ur windows, wait it for a while until the windows perfectly idle

do not do intensive task that eat up computer resouces when playing the game :

if u have limited amount of ram (4GB or less) dont run any memory intensive program like photoshop, multiple amount of browser tab, etc.

and dont use the program that use CPU heavy usage.. well WoWs doesnt takes a lot of CPU resource (only around 30-40% in my core i3) but still, leave some room open.

now the usually main culprit

something like "copying files" or "scanning with antivirus" or anything else that eat up HDD usage resource can easily hung up ur game.

the main reason why u usually takes a long load in first game of the days is.. the game client tried to read a hefty amount of file from game file (ship model, texture, setting, maps model, texture, etc) and reading those ton of files need a lot of HDD usage, but once the file is stored in memory, the game will load more faster for the next battle.

u will notice that playing some mode will make u load much faster.

like team/ranked battle, its 7 vs 7 team.. but usually only consist of 6-8 different ship, the game only need to read 6-8 ship data

compare it with random battle that consist of 12 vs 12 team. and can have atleast 10-15 different ship in the battle. the game will load considerably slower

now to faster up ur loading,

try to make sure ur computer is perfectly idle..

check the background task too (sometimes SVCHOST eat up resource like no body bussiness, its system process, and i done know what is it doing, lol)

also try to make ur computer is free from bloatware

and there is also expensive way to faster up ur loading : buy and use SSD as ur system(windows) and game instalation drive (put them in different SSD drive is preferable, but even with only 1 SSD drive for system and game instalation folder can speed up the load considerably already)

the game gives us 60 sec(1 minute) of loading period before the match started.
the normal HDD load time is ranged around 10 sec before match started(around 50 sec) up to around 2 minutes late in the game(3 minutes load).

while SSD can load around 10-30 sec only

Edited by ReNation

892 posts
7,853 battles

As I am playing with plain vanilla, I've not encountered any problems other than the occasional DC from bad lag. Best to avoid installing mods if you asked me.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

ah... running a HDD scan to check if you have bad sector in your HD might help to find the real culprit of this long loading time...

[_BST_]
39 posts
13,306 battles

Thanks again XP_On The problem accrues only on the first two or three games then clears up it is annoying because I lose flags and xp  that I really could use . I did a HDD scan not a problem there .going to try playing again after doing a defrag see if that sorts things out will keep posted. Saltyroo_58

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Thanks again XP_On The problem accrues only on the first two or three games then clears up it is annoying because I lose flags and xp  that I really could use . I did a HDD scan not a problem there .going to try playing again after doing a defrag see if that sorts things out will keep posted. Saltyroo_58

Run a few co-op battles in the tiers you normally play to start with, that will load up the maps at least into memory and cut your times down before going into PvP battles.

[_BST_]
39 posts
13,306 battles

Thanks dead_man_walking I have tried that the last two times I have played and so far the problem has not re appeared . Strangest thing is the game has been running flawless till the update before April fools update  thanks again matey fingers crossed it has gone will update if problem comes back .  Thank you all for the help Saltyroo_58   P.S dead_man_walking I see you are a RAN man Thank you for protecting this great country of ours.