You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lupis

Lower Battleships main guns dispersion.

22 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Seriously How can anyone find it fun when your missing 80% of your shots due to dispersion?

War Gaming get off your pile of gold and lower the dispersion.

Edited by Lupis

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Seriously How can anyone find it fun when your missing 80% of your shots due to dispersion?

I have no problem with my Wyoming, NewYork and New Mexico so I don't see any problem? "Except Colorado firing like a shotgun....":trollface:

Super Tester
1,677 posts

I have no problem with my Wyoming, NewYork and New Mexico so I don't see any problem? "Except Colorado firing like a shotgun....":trollface:

Dreads must fire like a shotgun XD

580 posts
1,587 battles

Get in close range smartly... My rule of thumb for BBs is 15Km or less and the dispersion isn't much of an issue... farther than that and I just take pot shots whilst closing the gap... and if you think you got it bad with dispersion try a Mikasa :teethhappy:

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Get in close range smartly... My rule of thumb for BBs is 15Km or less and the dispersion isn't much of an issue... farther than that and I just take pot shots whilst closing the gap... and if you think you got it bad with dispersion try a Mikasa :teethhappy:

Got a Mikasa. Half the time i tend to just get within secondary range. My beef is my shells wizz past the ememy but thier shells land time and time again.

580 posts
1,587 battles

Got a Mikasa. Half the time i tend to just get within secondary range. My beef is my shells wizz past the ememy but thier shells land time and time again.

Hats off to you for owning one... I only saw the vids for that ship...

Probably a bad case of RNG... Sorry mate, maybe the stars aren't aligned in your favor today...

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Seriously, how can anyone find it fun when your reading a thread that is common/same complaint as others' for not using the forum's search function? 

Thread Starters, get smart and use the forum's search function before posting new thread. :popcorn:

Yeah, same complaint over & over. What were our replies?

1. Know your gun's shell angle of impact (if plunging or flat) in different range (5 km, 10 km, 15 km, & max range).
  2. Aim better & practice in different range (5 km, 10 km, 15 km, & max range).
  3. Buy the Gun Fire Control System Modification to decrease the dispersion.
  4. If salvo dispersion is wide from Bow to Stern (my experience on Battleship Tirpitz), aim dead center of the ship.

If you can't do it, why cannot? 

If one do better than you, how did he done it?

I'll be nearing Battleship Colorado, which many complains for dispersion, and see how I adapt to 406mm gun's dispersion.

Edited by Mingfang47

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Grinding Colorado is my worst nightmare throughout in WoWS...:great:

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Seriously, how can anyone find it fun when your reading a thread that is common/same complaint as others' due to not using the forum's search function?

Thread Starters, get smart and use the forum's search function before posting new thread. :popcorn:

Yeah, same complaint over & over. What were our replies?

1. Know your gun's shell angle of impact (if plunging or flat) in different range (5 km, 10 km, 15 km, & max range).
  2. Aim better & practice in different range (5 km, 10 km, 15 km, & max range).
  3. Buy the Gun Fire Control System Modification to decrease the dispersion.
  4. If salvo dispersion is wide from Bow to Stern (my experience on Battleship Tirpitz), aim dead center of the ship.

If you can't do it, why cannot?

If one do better than you, how did he done it?

I'll be nearing Battleship Colorado, which many complains for dispersion, and see how I adapt to 406mm gun's dispersion.

Enjoy the Colorado shotgun dispersion.:great::trollface:

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

^that. Close the range carefully and then dispersion won't be so much of an issue.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

^that. Close the range carefully and then dispersion won't be so much of an issue.

and watch as RNGesus decrees that my shells go in every direction but to the enemy ship. :(

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

and watch as RNGesus decrees that my shells go in every direction but to the enemy ship. :(

not at <3km they won't :trollface:  :teethhappy:

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Trust me. If RNG says so then it'll happen.

Aim lower. Better for shells to splash into the water in front of the target than to sail over the superstructure.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Aim lower. Better for shells to splash into the water in front of the target than to sail over the superstructure.

I aim at Water line instinctively.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I aim at Water line instinctively.

Then override that instinct. When your shells are traveling flat, aim a smidgen *below* the waterline. This ensures high flying shells slam into the sides and low ones slam in underwater. I have a 30% hitrate with this.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Then override that instinct. When your shells are traveling flat, aim a smidgen *below* the waterline. This ensures high flying shells slam into the sides and low ones slam in underwater. I have a 30% hitrate with this.

Well looks like this return to WoWs will be a learning experience. Just learnt how to properly aim today. What have i been doing since early CBT? :teethhappy:
Edited by Lupis

75 posts
4,778 battles

Been playing T7 for a while, and, well...

I remember that the top hull  for "Wyoming" is actually that of Arkansas, so maybe it would be possible if a similar swap could be done for Colorado, make her to hull that of West Virginia, if it isn't already. I'm sure the better HP and Fire Control that comes with that modernized hull would allow her to compete with Nagato on more even terms. In all seriousness, considering how Nagato has better range, speed, ARMOR, and guns, Colorado is in serious need of rebalancing.