Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

what happen "If" all random element (RNG) been remove from game?

19 comments in this topic

1,126 posts

as topic said, what do you think gonna happen if all of random element (RNG) has been remove from game?

e.g.

- every shell will fall exact same position every time it's fire, and same position it firing form (position of turret) even 20 km. away

- HE shell will cause fire 100% every 5, 10, 15~ hit (depend of caliber)

- AA & plane vs plane can be calculate very accurately.

etc...

will game lose all the fun and become super boring?

there was a golf game 'pangya' where everything can be calculate accurately even wind (in other word, no RNG)

and pro player can do hole in one almost every stage they play.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Games without RNG exist. Some examples of those games are chess or Go. In these games, nothing is left to chance. The games can be broken down to deductions of how your opponent plans his or her moves, causing you to logically come up with moves to block each and every possibility in order for you to be ahead in the game. However, every move is deliberate. In such games, the better player will always win, no matter what. While they have their niche followings in certain parts of the world, the general populace would not like a game where the skill of you and your opponent were the only thing that mattered in the determination of the result.

580 posts
1,587 battles

I think BBs would be too OP if you removed the RNG factor... and if BBs were OP then that would negate the purpose of the other ship classes like cruisers and destroyers would it?

A similar game akin to WoWS was like as I stated above and guess what everyone hopped aboard either CVs or BBs at the first chance and it wasn't fun late into my career for that, in fact I got sick of it knowing where each shot landed and "celebrity players" carried each game, and knowing your already beat because you know how the other guy plays... In fact DDs, CLs, CAs, and SSs were nothing more than cannon fodder

That title is long dead now, rest its soul...

Edited by Kreigg

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

Human players themselves make random moves, without even being aware of it.

If all randomness was removed, it would be like two bot teams playing. Imagine that,  two AI teams without the RNG deciding on fall of shot.

Ever seen that old Doctor Who episode where the daleks are fighting cybermen? It was a 1000 year old stalemate, because due to lack of randomness each side could precisely predict the other sides' actions, thus countering it. The Doctor likened to a game of rock,paper,scissors and at every 'throw' it was a draw.

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

Life revolves around RNG :hiding:

i.e: if you punch me, RNG will calculate how much damage you will inflict on me based on your strength and my durability

jokes aside, probably more complaints from players, at least with this we have lesser complaints (we can't avoid having people complaining)

Edited by ragster

783 posts
4,826 battles

Since we're going with "what ifs".

What would WoWs be like if we kept the gameplay aspects but every single ship stat was purely historical? (All I know is Hipper would RULE cruisers!)

Edited by SZYZWY

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Since we're going with "what ifs".

What would WoWs be like if we kept the gameplay aspects but every single ship stat was purely historical? (All I know is Hipper would RULE cruisers!)

There would be a lot of early USN DD captains who'd be unhappy with thier shoddy torps.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

It will be boring (to much RNG are also bad btw)

But Without RNG the game will be just numbers facing each other. in some situation with same skilled player, the outcome will be decided with mostly who fire the first shoot (which game like chess have infamous First-move advantage aka playing White have higher chance in winning).

it just become Math

and Math is mostly boring

RNG makes unpredictable situation.

Which force the player, to always adapting to ever changing situation when Their plan thrown into gutter, it can also present a Flip the table moment that save you from pinch.

have you ever celebrate an awesome unexpected moment, and then you get confident (or overconfident) with the awesome unexpected turn of events.

or dissapointment when "oh @$%^ moment happen, when the reverse happen. can you reverse it then, pulling clutch play that can become awesome in its own right, or die misserable death ?

without RNG game will be too 'deterministic', so there's less of 'perfect plays' down to timming and where and when you must do things to get it right. like robots.

The fact that if player can turn missplay or disadvantage to become a win, can make someone become better player. should it increase the skill celling ? the possibility were always exist.

Even the game with Hi Competitive celling like DOta2, have Randomness like Runes, and Roshan timer

Edited by humusz

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

Should be interesting ... skill of player will have effect the game lots more 

... I don't really hate RNG ... But with this game it really little too much... it required less skill and more on luck

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Well it'd make Battleships great. No more dispersion made to elicit urges of mass genocide.

Edited by Lupis

51 posts
1,163 battles

How dare you deny RNGesus from your life.

Wouldn't it be easier to dodge a salvo since it would land at only one point and not a big circle of where shells could be.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,438 battles

if the salvo hit though, it could be fatal for DDs and CAs

i really dont want to receive 12 salvo from a BB

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Even pangya/gunbound/worms has randomizes its wind direction. There is no game that doesn't have  RNG--without RNG a game would be incredibly boring and predictable. A master chess game involves mostly scouring their memory of the best possible move for a specific block in the chessboard so it's more akin to a spelling bee than WoWS.

For "built-in" RNG like in wows, it's all about the amount of RNG or how influential it is to the gameplay Winning in WoWS is heavily influenced by RNG as compared to Dota 2 for example. Dota 2 and other MOBAs have very little RNG involved in them but it managed to be very competitive, entertaining and successful multiplayer game. Dota 2 is the living slap to the face to WoWS and WG, showing it doesn't really need to rely heavily on RNG to make a very fun game. It's all about the game design so to answer your question, with minimal RNG, NO.

Edited by Deicide

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

Well it'd make Battleships great. No more dispersion made to elicit urges of mass genocide.

Battleships still suffered from dispersion IRL. The way WG models it is just completely inaccurate though.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Battleships still suffered from dispersion IRL. The way WG models it is just completely inaccurate though.

"points at target. Fires....miss" If i was in a IRL BB and that happened to me like it does in WoWs.....there'd be hell to pay.

Sign in to follow this