Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lupis

What's the secret to hitting anything aside water in battleships?

39 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

This has been an issue of mine ever since early CBT. Battleships and my chronic lack of hitting ships with said battleships.

I've done everything in my power to try and improve, heck i tried mods that change aim reticules to help but to no avail.

Is there a super secret technique to having your BB shells hit their mark?

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,279 battles

Yes. There is. I have found it, now I am Illuminati at BBs. My secret, sacrifice to RNGesus. Seriously, its all RNG dependant, or close in to 1km, and still miss 1 or 2 shots XD (Been there, done that)

580 posts
1,587 battles

Asides from getting closer less than 18 to 15km? Not much... Do you make your daily blood sacrifice and prayers to RNGesus? Good players know to give blood sacrifice and prayers to RNGesus... Have you welcomed RNGesus into your home, family, & life? :)

Have you considered RNGesus to be your personal lord and savior? Good players consider RNGesus to be their personal lord and savior...:)

I swear BBs have it so friggin' hard for RNG that it turns ignorants into ardent believers of any faith, most especially...

YGHYyBS.jpg

Here brother take a pamphlet...

Edited by Kreigg

415 posts
10,918 battles

Asides from getting closer less than 18 to 15km? Not much... Do you make your daily blood sacrifice and prayers to RNGesus? Good players know to give blood sacrifice and prayers to RNGesus... Have you welcomed RNGesus into your home, family, & life? :)

Have you considered RNGesus to be your personal lord and savior? Good players consider RNGesus to be their personal lord and savior...:)

I swear BBs have it so friggin' hard for RNG that it turns ignorants into ardent believers of any faith, most especially...

YGHYyBS.jpg

This is the truth ... I had no room in my life for RNGesus until I started playing this game ... now I still make my daily sacrifice even if I'm not going to play that day. :)

149 posts

This has been an issue of mine ever since early CBT. Battleships and my chronic lack of hitting ships with said battleships.

I've done everything in my power to try and improve, heck i tried mods that change aim reticules to help but to no avail.

come closer to my ATAGO ...10.4 km.

1,126 posts

there's 'rough' calculate for aim by using bullet travel time

condition : max zoom + enemy on broad side + default scope (with number on it's) + assume he's at full speed.

- if enemy is CA and bullet travel time is 10 sec, place enemy at about 12 ~ 14 on your scope (bullet travel time + 2~4)

- adjust up and down a bit depend on if he move away or toward you, reduce lead a bit to compensate it too.

- if enemy is BB and bullet travel time is 10 sec, place enemy at about 6~8 (bullet travel time  -  2~4)

- USNBB are slow, lead less ; IJNBB are fast, lead more kongo at full speed i have to lead to 9...

- if enemy is DD and bullet travel time is 10 sec, place enemy at 20 (you might retract zoom a bit)

it's just my personal use, however, if enemy change speed direction it'll miss,

as I said, it just a 'Rough' calculate. the rest is up to your experience and hunch.

580 posts
1,587 battles

hey, that's a good idea, just Aim, Shoot and Pray

if you pray it right, you may hit something?!

:sceptic:

That's the plan... Well don't aim like an idiot tho... PGM991's rough calculations do count... but still, that's not a guarantee. Even the illegal aiming mods don't even guarantee anything... 

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

well i used the default zoomed scoped. managed to hit an IJN DD at full speed with 4/5ths of my shells and then managed to roughly shell an CA using the etchings on the scope. All while in an USN DD.

350 posts

YGHYyBS.jpg

I can guarantee that if any religion other than Christianity was mocked like this, the banboi mod crowd would flock to it like flies to a cowpat.

WG Asia double standards ftw

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I can guarantee that if any religion other than Christianity was mocked like this, the banboi mod crowd would flock to it like flies to a cowpat.

WG Asia double standards ftw

Well, RNGesus joke already exist long time Ago in this Forum, and none of them feels....

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

So riddle me this: the numbers on the side lines in the zoom scope are those to mark seconds or metres?

Just wondering since i'm interpreting them as seconds and in my DD's i'm getting pretty accurate now.

Edited by Lupis

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

A simple yes or no to the question would have sufficed.

The time stamp which I pasted should give a quick insight. I don't remember the reference speed (20 knots IIRC) for the numbers in the reticule though.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

The time stamp which I pasted should give a quick insight. I don't remember the reference speed (20 knots IIRC) for the numbers in the reticule though.

AH many thanks. It does indeed confirm my thought and this'll help me with my BB's. Now i've just got to get a BB to train it with.

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

AH many thanks. It does indeed confirm my thought and this'll help me with my BB's. Now i've just got to get a BB to train it with.

Have fun mate, when I started trying out BBs after playing US cruisers and DDs I kept leading too much. :D

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Have fun mate, when I started trying out BBs after playing US cruisers and DDs I kept leading too much. :D

Got any hints for a BB to lean how to aim? I have Warspite, the tier 5 USN one, Kongou and Tirpitz.

783 posts
4,826 battles

There shouldn't be a secret technique like that. At least not that I know of. Is there? May be the reason I suck at aiming most of my shots.

I don't really know what to tell you other than pray to RNG and stuff since I assume you've been practicing and 'know' how to aim already.

I myself only seem to be able to citadel IJN ships when I'm on BBs. I've never gotten a citadel against the supposedly "easy-to-citadel" soviet cruisers and I have a hard time getting cits against the Germans. Not to mention the USN ships which I never do get to citadel(it's why I don't see the "underpowered" part of Pepsi and NO). But yeah, as long as it's IJN, I can citadel it fair game.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

There shouldn't be a secret technique like that. At least not that I know of. Is there? May be the reason I suck at aiming most of my shots.

I don't really know what to tell you other than pray to RNG and stuff since I assume you've been practicing and 'know' how to aim already.

I myself only seem to be able to citadel IJN ships when I'm on BBs. I've never gotten a citadel against the supposedly "easy-to-citadel" soviet cruisers and I have a hard time getting cits against the Germans. Not to mention the USN ships which I never do get to citadel(it's why I don't see the "underpowered" part of Pepsi and NO). But yeah, as long as it's IJN, I can citadel it fair game.

There's a trick. It's in the youtube video. I hath seenth theth lightth.

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

Got any hints for a BB to lean how to aim? I have Warspite, the tier 5 USN one, Kongou and Tirpitz.

I haven't played that many BB games so I don't think I'll be of much help there.

One thing I've seen people do is they fire a test shot to see where it would land and then they fire the rest of the salvo after adjustment. Another thing I've seen is people trying to increase their chances of hitting by chain firing. :hmm:

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

I haven't played that many BB games so I don't think I'll be of much help there.

One thing I've seen people do is they fire a test shot to see where it would land and then they fire the rest of the salvo after adjustment. Another thing I've seen is people trying to increase their chances of hitting by chain firing. :hmm:

okay. i'm used to fast RoF so i end to have one salvo be a range and then i adjust accordingly.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

As with all things in this game you'll get a feel for it eventually. :great:

yeah. I'm thinking Kongo or Warspite. Though i've been eyeing the premium tier 4 IJN BB since it was shown off. Oh i also have the tier 2 Mikasa.

Sign in to follow this