Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DeepDarkfantasy_KR

Need burf for US carriers

17 comments in this topic

1 post
439 battles

please buff this ship: Langley: fighters are too weak i cant deal with Hosho's fighter hosho have 4 fighters but langley cant win with that 

Independence: need more payload its hard to kill enemy ship

and Divebomber have poor accuarcy when i divebomb to enemy ship only one hits total it was not a destroyer 

and nerf japanese fighter's offence power or buff US fighter's offence power

Edited by DeepDarkfantasy_KR

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

Langley seems fine to me. I can still beat Hosho fighters and still stay aloft for a while more.

Sure enough the speed for Langley sucks but... She's a converted tramp steamer and not a purpose built CV like Hosho...

With Indi... Better that you just free xp to Ranger... I did that and I am happier now

783 posts
4,819 battles

please burf this ship: Langley: fighters are too weak i cant deal with Hosho's fighter hosho have 4 fighters but langley cant win with that 

Independence: need more payload its hard to kill enemy ship

and Divebomber have poor accuarcy when i divebomb to enemy ship only one hits total it was not a destroyer 

and nerf japanese fighter's offence power or buff US fighter's offence power

With the Fighters, the recent patch actually had the upgraded FT for Hosho to be T5 planes while the Langley still had T4 planes. A Squadron for Squadron battle still swings in favor of the Langley Squad theoretically and maybe it just so happens RNG happened. Langley also has extra squadron of dive bombers to compensate and larger hangar for it's slow speed.

As for the Dive bombers, USN CVs need 'good' manual drops with it moreso than IJN CVs. Mostly because of USN CVs being DB-centric. Good Manual drops usually translate 2-4 hits against battleships which always guarantee fires(this is where most of the damage comes from anyway). Consistently, good manual drops get 0-2 hits against destroyers and they hurt way much more than the IJN DBs especially when you reach the 1000 pounders.

Now for Indy, I really would have to say she only loses on both planes on-air(18 vs 20) and total planes but a lot of people can do well with her. Of all the loadouts, the stock 1/1/1 seems to be the best and she only loses out when there's an Air Superiority RJ since all of her(Indy's) planes are better qualitatively.

EDIT: Some typos. Also I noticed the title is "Need burf" :trollface:

Edited by SZYZWY

634 posts
6,217 battles

WoW you serious? Langley need buff? 

Dude, Langley got more planes per squadron and more planes in reserve

if you can not go against a hosho's fighter than its your problem

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

Maybe bogue does since its 1/1/0 loadout is worst than langley and it even has less planes than a langley. But what CVs really need is a rework.

199 posts
6,037 battles

Personally, I think Langley is already balanced. She may not have 2 Torpedo Bombers squadrons, but she have the highest DoT compared to Hosho (More damage by fire (Dive Bombers) and flooding (Torpedo Bombers), if you use her right). And don't forget to mention the fighters, they are more durable compared to Hosho (Hosho's planes have very low durability, imo).

The one that needs balancing is Bogue. The only advantages Bogue have compared to Langley are more powerful AA and more durable planes. Her loadouts are stupid, you must specialized in Air Superiority or Anti Ship loadout, don't even mention her stock loadout. Zuiho have a more flexible loadout compared to her, but I think that's how the American roll on this game...

359 posts
2,819 battles

Guess what? I just experiment in training room and Houshou win!. Hoshou fighters kills all Langley fighters with two planes left on IJN side.

Just one time ofc. Too lazy to do more, and balance is not my immediate concern.

Stock (Both tier 3)

Survivability    DPS

Hoshou   640                 23

Langleys 600                 21

Upgrade (IJN tier 5, USN tier 4)

Survivability     DPS

Hoshou   990               39

Langleys 820                29

Guess 2 planes more isn't enough. Results like this probably not intend. Edit "Wild guess" Incoming buff/nerf.

Edited by Hero_of_Zero

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Guess what? I just experiment in training room and Houshou win!. Hoshou fighters kills all Langley fighters with two planes left on IJN side.

Just one time ofc. Too lazy to do more, and balance is not my immediate concern.

Stock (Both tier 3)
             Survivability    DPS
Hoshou   640                 23
Langleys 600                 21

Upgrade (IJN tier 5, USN tier 4)

Survivability     DPS

Hoshou   990               39
Langleys 820                29

Guess 2 planes more isn't enough. Results like this probably not intend. Incoming buff/nerf.

make sure you do it 9 more times, Those Planes kill each other based on RNG rather than DPS

359 posts
2,819 battles

make sure you do it 9 more times, Those Planes kill each other based on RNG rather than DPS

Quote myself: Just one time ofc. Too lazy to do more, and balance is not my immediate concern.

I won't just have to do it 9 more times, but 9 more time with screenshot/replay each time. No thanks. If you don't believe me, fine. I just post it to someone who'd take it in their judgment. And, I'm not advocate for a nerf, just though it can happen.

Sure it's RNG. But how many time someone win air battle against AS Bogue? RNG won't save you when the odd stack against you. But this situation. RNG can

btw after read this post. I don't see reason to do more.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/74899-langley-vs-hosho-fighters/page__pid__1836322#entry1836322

Basically at the beginning you had a 0.5% advantage but as soon as you lost that first fighter the Hosho had the advantage for the rest of the battle.

Edited by Hero_of_Zero

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Quote myself: Just one time ofc. Too lazy to do more, and balance is not my immediate concern.

I won't just have to do it 9 more times, but 9 more time with screenshot/replay each time. No thanks. If you don't believe me, fine. I just post it to someone who'd take it in their judgment. And, I'm not advocate for a nerf, just though it can happen.

Sure it's RNG. But how many time someone win air battle against AS Bogue? RNG won't save you when the odd stack against you. But this situation. RNG can

btw after read this post. I don't see reason to do more.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/74899-langley-vs-hosho-fighters/page__pid__1836322#entry1836322

Basically at the beginning you had a 0.5% advantage but as soon as you lost that first fighter the Hosho had the advantage for the rest of the battle.

I knew

in fact someone already test it before

Sign in to follow this