You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Another event that ruins normal play

15 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

Yet again we have another event that absolutely destroys what has become known as normal game play.

NB. In this case "normal game play" is defined as what is the normal playing style of the majority of players.

1. Kirishama's everywhere (although this is good for me as a DD player) that are actually showing some tactical activity by not just skirting the edges alone yet forging into the fray together blasting anything in range in unison to obtain their required hit count. This leads to point number 2.

2. Lemming trains abound which results in key areas either being overrun and in turn undefended.

3. Hardly any CV players which is good as most are useless but when you do get a match with one or two they still go for the all to familiar dash for the enemy CV kill whilst groups of easy prey BB's are in abundance.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,284 posts

Easily solved.

Just play PvE.

No more problems.

Then again, looking at your problem, The event won't last long.

Just do what you can and torp the unwary players.

Edited by EvacuateBowel

21 posts
2,725 battles

its not actually a bad thing, changes the way style of game is played, can actually teach you how to be more defensive with your ship which in hand will make you a better player... 

783 posts
4,815 battles

Yet again we have another event that absolutely destroys what has become known as normal game play.

NB. In this case "normal game play" is defined as what is the normal playing style of the majority of players.

1. Kirishama's everywhere (although this is good for me as a DD player) that are actually showing some tactical activity by not just skirting the edges alone yet forging into the fray together blasting anything in range in unison to obtain their required hit count. This leads to point number 2.

2. Lemming trains abound which results in key areas either being overrun and in turn undefended.

3. Hardly any CV players which is good as most are useless but when you do get a match with one or two they still go for the all to familiar dash for the enemy CV kill whilst groups of easy prey BB's are in abundance.

imo I think number 1 turned out to be a good thing while I myself didn't see numbers 2 and 3.

I will admit being part of the Kirishima pack in the MM but in all the games I had, it was pretty exciting with all the Kongo-class actually brawling at closer ranges. I was lucky enough not to experience lemming trains and most the of Kongos on both teams usually contested caps themselves in the effort to get close and do more battery hits and damage which made my games exciting. There were a few trying to snipe at more than 18km but a sufficient number brawled too.

I actually like the mission format for both ARP missions with them being earned normally even when unintentional. I even prefer it(Hits + Ribbons) more than "Damage Caused" missions since those types usually gravitate players to mostly BBs and CVs to complete.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

You just to adapt to the changed conditions.

Warfare is constantly evolving and those who don't  modify their playstyle will fall behind.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Nah, keep it that way, I've had fun spamming torpedoes at all the sheep Kirishima players, and while I like anime, I find Arpeggio of Blue Steel rather boring tbh

28 posts
919 battles

You just to adapt to the changed conditions.

Warfare is constantly evolving and those who don't  modify their playstyle will fall behind.

true that. i admit im one of those using Kirishima,except i still play as it is instead of doing the usual lemming train. 

Also the point of an event is to have fun, so chill out (:

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,384 battles

Just a tier 5, a beginner tier.

What do you expect from newbies D:

Maybe you can stop seal clubbing and go around Tier 7 to meet better players :<

Edited by R3negade

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
54 posts
1,771 battles

I don't see any problem with this event, but last time 1st ARP event out I'm full of rant because it too focus to only sunk specific type of ship. now I can just do damage or sunk any type of ship.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

You have no inkling of the tactical importance of killing enemy CV ASAP. No wonder your CV games are bad mate. Typical forumer complaining about something worthless.

168 posts
5,667 battles

To be honest the battles themselves don't seem that bad.

The worst bit was the queuing for the mission while MM tried to make games using 80% Kirishima.

That's what's bad about missions that you have to use exactly one ship to do.

Lots of BBs, hardly any DDs or CVs, the temptation to run my Kamikaze is pretty strong.

Once the cruisers are gone, last DD surviving usually wins.

Expect it to shift to CL spam as players finish the commander missions.

Edited by Thingol