You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
finnyfin

income increase in higher tiers?

14 comments in this topic

28 posts
2,344 battles

hey there was just wondering if there is any plant to increase the amount of credits earned in higher tier games eg 9 and 10 as i just seem to lose money most games. for example i may make 170-200k in a game (non-premium account) and still mange to loose 40k+ after consumables and all that have been resupplied. just seems a bit ridiculous trying to grind out ships and losing money at the same time.

cheers :)

edit: also if there is a post already on this topic i apologise but i couldnt seem to find it

Edited by finnyfin

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Developer trying to make sure that the game core is not at the final tier, but in the middle tier

Therefore they keep increase the Repair and upkeep price while not (or slowly) increasing the credit reward each tier start from tier 5 or 6

Bit nevertheless WoWS grind is still much more easier then current WoT

Super Tester
1,310 posts

hey....

even with that ridiculous repair fee at tier 10.

u can still makes profit even with standar account (non premium account)

UzcTNUC.jpg

U3dL2ux.jpg

i died.. i lost

it was close game.. 870 ish vs 880 ish point when the game ended. we whould have won the game if me and the last BB standing in my team was not dead. but we can't help it. so its ok.

but i still manage to rack 1700 exp and almost 400k credits

the damage that i did in that battle is not great.. 4 torp hit for (not even 50k damage, only 40k-ish) 1 to highly damaged gearing, 1 to dying NO, 2 to baltimore.

that essex put his plane above my head all the time.. my torp were never be able to hit its mark if i didn't dare to go knife fighting.

but i did the game objective

capping the zone, doing the area denial torp(oh come on... area denial torp will never give me anything if it dont hit anything. it will even cost me 4500 credit for each torp release. but i still do it anyway. since halting enemy advance will always benefit for my team), distract the enemy fleet(shoot ur gun to make u detected. then 50% of enemy team will change their aim to u, guess what? i got rained by shell. but my team are getting free hit. since they can fire at enemy without getting fired back. [the enemy is firing at me. for the lulz])

it was a good game.. some of my team were really good .notably that atago(hitagi senjougahara. i modded it >.<) that help me fighting with new orlean and baltimore(even tough he finally fall in baltimore hand). and the enemy was really good too(that essex >.< really made my day hard.. )

it was a lost game.. but still satisfying game.

Note : i made 140k ish raw profit in that game. reduce it 70k for consumable. i still got 70k profit

we need to do something extra if we want to get profit in high tier. its not easy i'd say

but getting a credit lost near to break even point is not hard.. so that even a bad game at tier 5 will still refund ur lost at high tier.

28 posts
2,344 battles

thats my point exactly there. a game like that in a tier 5 or 6 wouldve got you double if not a triple profit. that same result in your case earns only 70k. the current system dosent seem to allow for those type of results to be had very often and come with a large return on that said game. yes although you netted almost 400k base credits after you take away all the other factors it leaves you with a minimal amount in your case 70k. and yes i know that it is still a decent   profit but whats the point when i can make triple that in lower tiers? it seems to discourage better players who have higher tier ships from playing them to just seal club at tier 5 and make money down there versus grinding out a line that may take 150+ battles at tier 9 to get the xp needed not mentioning the millions required to buy them.

28 posts
2,344 battles

its not seal clubbing when ur opponent in tier 5 also contain some veterans in them

majority are still going to be slightly clueless thats how players get those type of results in lower tiers

Super Tester
1,310 posts

well duh.. sometimes i can seal club with no problem..

but sometimes i got the club hammered over my head instead even tough i used my "seal club dedicated" ship

109 posts
5,101 battles

Tier VIII-X ( maybe VII sometimes ) are designed to make you ( most of the time ) bleed credits (up to 190K + at tier IX). This can be avoided by:

1. You're a very good player or with a good team
  2. Buy premium time, premium ships, etc...

WG designed this to keep the mid-tier's population filled and you-know-what-i-meant.

Unfortunately as a "side-effect", it made the matches stagnant and boring. They tried to raise credits ratio back then. but according to my opinion, the situation hasn't improved very much (I don't blame those DDs because their torpedo hit ration is rather low and the absurb resupply cost).

So, the experience isn't fun and frustrating at time. ( the IV-VI matches are intense, balanced and sastifying btw)

Thanks for reading and happy April Fools :honoring:

211 posts
9,931 battles

Just get Premium, i think it's kinda needed in the higher tiers.

It's well worth it, I think i racked up 2 million over easter weekend.

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

They are not increasing credits, they are reducing repair costs and tax by 20%. This doesn't solve high tier problems tho because even with premium, there is a chance of losing credits.

Use DDs if you don`t want to lose credits.

Super easy money and xp with capping.

Capping rewards very little credits compared to xp and doing damage.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I have a premium account and I don't know why.

If people say you can still do ok at high tiers without premium account, what's the point?.

Coz I've been trying to enjoy my brand new Shimakaze at tier 10, and I have only found disappointment.

The WR is 20%, so 80% of the battles, she makes a loss on "earnings".

Heck even some wins, she only "earns" negative credits.

Then there's that one battle where I got 8 torpedo hits. yeah, one battle.

Most battles are 0-1 torpedo hits.

Planes, and cv's dominate game and spot torps, and can torp dd's. And getting a dd to an appropriate attack angle cannot be done unless your willing to risk going to an empty area of map with no aa support for the swarms of planes. So, I find myself most often launching torp attacks at enemy bows.

I've got 60 days of premium account left, I'll think very seriously about renewing it after 4-5 years of premium account, if the devs want me to seal club at mid tiers. I can do THAT with a free account, I reckon.

As it is, premium account simply isn't good enough for tier 8-10 where I currently squat.

331 posts
17,072 battles

That happens at tier 8 for me  do 40 to 50 k damage and barely make a profit going for the win play. passively and do bugger all all battle only survive and no capping and make a profit. and you want to know why the meta as it is