You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Commander_Dusty

Bow Mounted Torpedo Tubes possible now?

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

So I'm enjoying the new April Fools ships, but it seems to me that its possible to have ships equipped with bow mounted torpedo tubes in game now.

So ships that did historically have these will get them?

SMS Emden? USS Albany? HMS Warspite?

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,798 battles

IIRC the devs didnt want underwater tubes implemented. Especially for BBs. Since they dont have traverse arcs at all unlike our Floatyboats.

They are literally a fixed angle.

But maybe..

Submarine testing o.O

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

IIRC the devs didnt want underwater tubes implemented. Especially for BBs. Since they dont have traverse arcs at all unlike our Floatyboats.

They are literally a fixed angle.

^ This.

It has always been possible. Its placement, whether or not its underwater or above water, is not an issue. The torps themselves actually spawn in the water rather than on the ship. The animation you see of torps leaving the tubes and into the water is just for visual purposes. If you look very closely, it's not even properly synced; the torps spawn noticeably off where the visual model splashed into the water. If WG wanted to, they can make the torps spawn anywhere and at any distance relative to the ship that launched it.

The decision to not have underwater tubes or fixed tubes is purely for practical and gameplay purposes.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

^ This.

The decision to not have underwater tubes or fixed tubes is purely for practical and gameplay purposes.

I'm no supertester and I get they have a limited arc and limited usage, but wouldn't that encourage players to be more strategic and angle their ships more, especially frontal brawling and manoeuvrable ships like US navy BB's?

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

I'm no supertester and I get they have a limited arc and limited usage, but wouldn't that encourage players to be more strategic and angle their ships more, especially frontal brawling and manoeuvrable ships like US navy BB's?

Gods no - it's bad enough with DD's and CA's firing from well outside their range - imagine if the average BB player got the opportunity!

50 posts
3,289 battles

I've just found out how they did it! It's submarine-underwater torpedo tubes!!! Submarines are coming!!111!!

4ZawKbv.png