Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KNEEPAIN

quick question abt the concealment

15 comments in this topic

149 posts

hi .For example my Fletcher's concealment rating is 95 (6.0km) so when the battle begins during the 30 sec cool down,usually  i compare my ships stats with enemy player to determine whether i can out spot him or not.So lets say there is a Kagero with 94 concealment rating.Does it mean it has slightly more than 6.0 km spotting range?

Because every time when i meet a kagero with 95 concealment rating.I am only able to spot him at 5.8 or 5.5 its not 6.0.

Am i missing something here?

149 posts

The stat shown in the pre-battle screen is the raw stat of un-upgraded ship.

i dont think so...if its raw then it should show mine as 90 .But it is showing 95 with my mods included.

783 posts
4,826 battles

The stat shown in the pre-battle screen is the raw stat of un-upgraded ship.

Really? I was sure it was shown pre-battle due to seeing ships with insane AA ratings than usual(I assumed they went AA build on upgrades and captain perks).

Super Tester
1,677 posts

That's just the rating, likely without paint or mods.

afaik the Kagero can reach absurd levels of concealment.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,949 battles

hi .For example my Fletcher's concealment rating is 95 (6.0km) so when the battle begins during the 30 sec cool down,usually  i compare my ships stats with enemy player to determine whether i can out spot him or not.So lets say there is a Kagero with 94 concealment rating.Does it mean it has slightly more than 6.0 km spotting range?

Because every time when i meet a kagero with 95 concealment rating.I am only able to spot him at 5.8 or 5.5 its not 6.0.

Am i missing something here?

My fletcher has a 96 concealment rating with level 5 commander makes it 5.8 km and my kagero has a 94 concealment rating at 6km without the level 5 commander skill.

but 200m doesn't make much difference. Plus it does depend on ping and how good your graphics card is in being  able to render the image on to your monitor.

I have noticed with my older card that while my ship is sailing I can sail up to 300-400m before another ship will show up on my screen even tho I might have a better concealment rating, or for sonar to work as in my case, my sonar didn't pick up a ship in smoke until it was 3.1 km away when sonar works at 3.48km .

149 posts

My fletcher has a 96 concealment rating with level 5 commander makes it 5.8 km and my kagero has a 94 concealment rating at 6km without the level 5 commander skill.

but 200m doesn't make much difference. Plus it does depend on ping and how good your graphics card is in being  able to render the image on to your monitor.

I have noticed with my older card that while my ship is sailing I can sail up to 300-400m before another ship will show up on my screen even tho I might have a better concealment rating, or for sonar to work as in my case, my sonar didn't pick up a ship in smoke until it was 3.1 km away when sonar works at 3.48km .

is 95 concealment on both Fletcher and kagero results in 6.0km range or is it different?

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

well, it is true sometimes even when your ship have 6km detect status, you already spotted at 6.2km.

maybe because lag issue or maybe, the distance counter count the end of ship while the radar is infront of the ship :P

Super Tester
1,310 posts

well this is kind of weird.. but i'll tell u anyway...

in the pre-battle loading screen...

the stat that shown on :

1. on ur ship : the stat of ur ship with all upgrade and skill captain  skill calculated. just like the 1 u see in the port
2. on other ppl ship : the stat of their ship with normal upgrade(hull/gun/gfcs/engine).... module upgrade and captain skill is not calculated in their ship

so yea, if u meet enemy that use same ship as u.. (fletcher) u can see their concealment stat is lower .. coz.. their 2mil module upgrade, camo and CE is not calculated there.. but when u meet at the battlefield.. u realize that both of u has same concealment..

Edited by ReNation

783 posts
4,826 battles

the stat that shown on :

1. on ur ship : the stat of ur ship with all upgrade and skill captain  skill calculated. just like the 1 u see in the port

2. on other ppl ship : the stat of their ship with normal upgrade(hull/gun/gfcs/engine).... module upgrade and captain skill is not calculated in their ship

so yea, if u meet enemy that use same ship as u.. (fletcher) u can see their concealment stat is lower .. coz.. their 2mil module upgrade and CE is not calculated there.. but when u meet at the battlefield.. u realize that both of u has same concealment..

Oh thanks!

I thought otherwise when I saw a Lex having an insane AA rating in one of my matches. Good to know :D

211 posts
9,931 battles

you must have had less than 1 FPS on your old graphics card for that to happen... it's probably just lag or ping related.

the stat that shown on :

so yea, if u meet enemy that use same ship as u.. (fletcher) u can see their concealment stat is lower .. coz.. their 2mil module upgrade, camo and CE is not calculated there.. but when u meet at the battlefield.. u realize that both of u has same concealment..

I would think Module effects are shown, when playing CV you can check what Module your opposition may be running by looking at their Aircraft rating (AS = higher rating) even to the point that you can determine if their planes are upgraded. Unless that's an exception, I've never really paid attention to the stats for other ships.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

From my experience as a DD captain, I find that anything with a difference of up to 300m doesn't matter who spots who, since both of you would probably be going at flank speed, you would have closed the distance to make that small difference in distance in detection any use.

TLDR : Since the difference is so little, both gets spotted at roughly the same time.

Edited by Windforce

Super Tester
1,310 posts

I would think Module effects are shown, when playing CV you can check what Module your opposition may be running by looking at their Aircraft rating (AS = higher rating) even to the point that you can determine if their planes are upgraded. Unless that's an exception, I've never really paid attention to the stats for other ships.

NAH...

that kind of upgrades.. 

HULL.. planes.. loadout... gun... GFCS(that+10% range)... engine... torp

that u need exp to unlock is counted as normal upgrade

all of this normal upgrade are counted in pre-battle loading stat

the module upgrade that what i mean are those in the bottom that u need to pay for :

125k, 250k, 500k, 1m, 2m, 3m credits

this kind of module upgrade, camouflages, captain skill. are NOT counted in pre-battle loading stat

Sign in to follow this