You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

Fire on Battleships

46 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

yep Fire on battleships is just a joke and  Battleships cant do a damn thing about it.

A battleship can not attack at all, can not go towards the enemy ships at all.

All a battleship can do is camp, snipe and run away.

It really is a joke and a waste of time in playing  battleships, as you cant attack in a battleship.

If you are in range of any DD or cruiser then u will be burned to death and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Commander skills are a waste of time and modules are a waste of time as well, as it doesn't stop fires.

What's the point in being in a Battleship if u have to sit 20km from the enemy and try to snipe them with very little. to no chance of hitting them.

If I'm in a DD or a cruiser myself and I see a Battleship. I'm not worried or scared of a Battleship, as I know I can just burn him to death with ease.

SO I'm call on all players to boycott playing battleships as they are the hardest Hit by fires as it so easy to set a battleship on fire.

A battleship has a long reload, while a cruiser and DD can HE spam a Battleship with ease. plus it is very hard to hit a DD from 10km and above.

Same with a cruiser, if you miss your shot at a cruiser  your screwed, But even if you hit him the chances of a citadel is not that big. plus there is a high chance of a over pen resulting in small amount of damage only.

While the cruiser and DD will hit. with just about every shot they fire, increasing the chance of setting  2-3 fires with ease.

Something really does need to be done about these fires.

If anything DDs shouldn't be able to set fires on BB at all, they have the torpedos to sink them as that's what they are spose to be using not setting fires.

Also I believe Russian DDs should have the 4km torps increased to at lest 6-7km to counter this. because why does the  2 Russian tier 5 premium ships both have 8km torps? but Russian DD don't get 8km torps until tier 8 ? seems very strange indeed.

Well that's my thought for the Day.

PS, Yes I'm a good DD player and have my higher win rates in DDs, But I think their smaller guns shouldn't be able to set BB on fire. Yes DD should be able to set other ships on fire still like cruisers etc.

102 posts
1,581 battles

True, It's sad like A good DD,Cruiser Player can Harass an BB as long as their good in Dodging incoming Salvos, But  same goes for those DDs and Cruisers near BB if player is good he can take em out first than use Repair and carry on with the Match. =)

For BB It's meant to be Long-Range but to be honest Long Range mostly doesn't do much on any other Vessel than other BBs But I guess that's what is range for, Also it's good to keep BB abit near Enemy Cruisers to take em out easily..  and DDs a bit far we don

t want those Torps coming happly to hit us.

Keep your friends close, But enemy Cruisers Closer. :teethhappy:

109 posts
5,101 battles

TBH, I have no problem of fire in lower tier since the CL (CA) gun range is quite low, so just let them get close (HE spam or not), and eat those tasty citadels. 

But in higher tiers, where the BBs keep getting bigger or more sluggish and CAs have gun range up to 16+ km, get close to kill them is not an option. I mostly died there not because of citadel but fire (mostly) and torpedoes.

SO, I suggest WG release a premium-uber-fire-resistant camouflage (-100% fire chance) to those BBs. :playing: (6000 doubloons maybe)

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,828 posts
4,103 battles

If it weren't for the fact that EVERY single post you make is a whine, people might listen.

But in the end,  its just another yobbo post.   It seems its all you're known for.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

This is the yobbo that i know... Very angry, much rant, so salty... WOW!

no not angry at all, just think the fire is a Bit much and unfair on Battleships

Beta Tester
906 posts

Happens both ways. Sometimes I get triple critted in my hinden/Moskva. Or torped dead.

If your playing a bb. You need to learn to aim.. 20km should be the starting point of at least getting 1/3 of your shells hitting.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

If it weren't for the fact that EVERY single post you make is a whine, people might listen.

But in the end,  its just another yobbo post.   It seems its all you're known for.

I just dont reply to the cupcake. Giving him attention is what he wants.

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

TBH, I have no problem of fire in lower tier since the CL (CA) gun range is quite low, so just let them get close (HE spam or not), and eat those tasty citadels. 

But in higher tiers, where the BBs keep getting bigger or more sluggish and CAs have gun range up to 16+ km, get close to kill them is not an option. I mostly died there not because of citadel but fire (mostly) and torpedoes.

SO, I suggest WG release a premium-uber-fire-resistant camouflage (-100% fire chance) to those BBs. :playing: (6000 doubloons maybe)

Yes true lower tiers are not as bad when it comes to fire unless you are a Warspite then HE look at you and u set yourself on fire.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

Btw. You can repair most of your dmg in a bb. You just need to get to a safer spot and wait for a heal or two.

You know what logical thinking and common sense youre using? The things youre using right now?

Dont use that. You will upset the cupcake. Hes special.

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

[HMASW]
Beta Tester
50 posts
6,069 battles

This is the yobbo that i know... Very angry, much rant, so salty... WOW!

Weird why i am not amused to your topic

No wonder the Forums degenerate so quickly, why is it that an honest opinion posted by a player to draw attention to what He/She sees as an issue with the game result in insta trolls like the first respondent and then followed by a second who is not amused?

It was not posted to draw critisicm nor to entertain.

The poster is simply pointing out what he/she feels about the game play and shortcomings of playing the BB's in game.

I for one agree and having reached tier VIII BB's hoping for a change agree that playing BB's in this game is not fun and rarely results in a good game feel.

Unless you manage a few citadel's on a good map with no DD's and no CV's with their TB's then yes you might have a good long range (but poor hit ratio) game!

Otherwise its just simply boring and un balanced.

A twin salvo from Main battery of 250mm+ main armament on a DD should absolutely wreck it not simply do 2,500 or so damage!

A CV's twin TB attack should not result in a BB eating 3 to 4 torps at 14K damage each but this occurs with regular monotony and BB's will always draw the attention of a CV's TB.

No I am not suggesting that either DD's or CV's are OP simply that BB's are not balanced.

Despite technological advancements in BB design at later tiers Torp's still do far too much damage to BB's to make the game balanced and the main artillery strikes of AP from BB's main armament do far little damage to oncoming DD's at close range (please don't say its because AP over penetrates).

Please look at the balance of each type.

109 posts
5,101 battles

Despite technological advancements in BB design at later tiers Torp's still do far too much damage to BB's to make the game balanced and the main artillery strikes of AP from BB's main armament do far little damage to oncoming DD's at close range (please don't say its because AP over penetrates).

Torpedoes are fine, the number of DDs per match is the problem 

5-6 Shimakaze per match with no CV to spot and you'll spend the match dodging torpedoes

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Nah, I just saw Yobbo Will create this topic someday

Believe or not he point every single thing (maybe twice) in this game in Critical manner, Today I really wait to someone else create the Topic

Not just Comment the existing Topic with Insulted feeling

Edited by Harpoon01

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

No wonder the Forums degenerate so quickly, why is it that an honest opinion posted by a player to draw attention to what He/She sees as an issue with the game result in insta trolls like the first respondent and then followed by a second who is not amused?

The poster is simply pointing out what he/she feels about the game play and shortcomings of playing the BB's in game.

I for one agree and having reached tier VIII BB's hoping for a change agree that playing BB's in this game is not fun and rarely results in a good game feel.

Unless you manage a few citadel's on a good map with no DD's and no CV's with their TB's then yes you might have a good long range (but poor hit ratio) game!

A twin salvo from Main battery of 250mm+ main armament on a DD should absolutely wreck it not simply do 2,500 or so damage!

A CV's twin TB attack should not result in a BB eating 3 to 4 torps at 14K damage each but this occurs with regular monotony and BB's will always draw the attention of a CV's TB.

No I am not suggesting that either DD's or CV's are OP simply that BB's are not balanced.

Welcome back to the communities @Ranork.  Unfortunately yobbo has created a reputation for himself within the community as a ranter.  Rightly or wrongly that is how his posts will be perceived.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

New to the forum you are...

*insert Yoda meme*

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

*Creates Rant*

"HURR DURR ITS MY HONEST OPINION HOW DARE YOU CRITICISE ME I REPORT YOU"

"DURR HERPA FREEDOM OF SPEECH"

Non-Constructive Posts. user warned.

~TheAzure

Edited by TheAzure

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

Welcome back to the communities @Ranork.  Unfortunately yobbo has created a reputation for himself within the community as a ranter.  Rightly or wrongly that is how his posts will be perceived.

Yes I do tend to "try" and write posts when there are things about the game that I feel are unbalanced and do tend to be blunt and a bit in ya face with my "rants"