Sign in to follow this  
Trojan63

Give CV's more XP for plane kills

31 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

Recently I have been berating most CV players as useless as they never seem to cover their team mates, especially removing spotting fighters from DD's and protecting allies from TB/DB attacks, and either skirt the edges looking for a CV kill or use their fighters to cover their TB's and DB's.

I must now humbly apologize to most, but not all mind you, as I was just in a match with Bogue who played his role to a tee by keeping enemy fighters away from advancing DD's and decimating any TB and DB that came anywhere near allied ships.

Then I notice in the post battle screen he is second last with 32 planes shot down, no wonder CV players don't make enemy planes their priority with such pitiful rewards.

A big shout out to you Bogue captain as you were instrumental in winning the match yet were not rewarded for your efforts. 

Edited by Trojan63

753 posts
8,965 battles

How about quitting carriers and start playing a real warship?

There are some out there that should heed this advice. I gave up a long time ago when I realized that I sucked in them.

Although this Bogue was really good but his reward was poor. It's fantastic to get a good CV player on your team but atm they are few and far between. 

108 posts
467 battles

I guess for CV players, it is more satisfying in seeing their torp salvoes knocking out an enemy warship in a single blow compared to shutting down airplanes, though obviously the strategy is to each his own. But your suggestion in increasing the exp is a great way to promote such other strategies in using CV's, hopefully CV players could find the "Wow" factor in investing their time in being anti-aircraft and supporting their buddies at sea. 

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Give aa platforms more xp for protecting cvs too. 

Twice now I've protected cv's in my Mikhail, and after the first wave I move up to help the rest of the team, but the rest of team has steamrolled the enemy and I don't fire a single shot in the entire battle, not even AA, as the Mik is usually enough to scare them off.

Then the game has the cheek to say "you have not proven yourself this battle".

UH yeah that's 15 mins I'll never get back. Oh look, bugger all credits and xp. Lucky me, for playing a major part in my team, as a team player.

Beta Tester
82 posts
463 battles

How about quitting carriers and start playing a real warship?

I must agree....

Carriers are for babies!

Battleships are for the real men (and women)! :trollface:

After all, "My Gun's Bigger Than Yours..."

783 posts
4,824 battles

I must agree....

Carriers are for babies!

Battleships are for the real men (and women)! :trollface:

After all, "My Gun's Bigger Than Yours..."

Then a baby I will be! :P

I suck at anything that's not a carrier anyway even if I do prefer cruiser playstyle.

+1 for the suggestion and heavily on the OTHER ships getting more for killing planes. Just so the AA cruisers which offer support get something out of it. Makes playing USN cruisers in general more 'rewarding' too.

Beta Tester
82 posts
463 battles

call me baby idc

i love my cruisers but i love my us carrier i do think the shot down planes exp needs a buff

It was just a joke =_='

But I do agree that planes shot down does need an experience buff as It does play a contributing factor to the eventual result of the game.

783 posts
4,824 battles

It was just a joke =_='

But I do agree that planes shot down does need an experience buff as It does play a contributing factor to the eventual result of the game.

We were rolling with the joke actually :great:

On-topic: I would assume something along the lines where surface ships get 1.5x more EXP from killing planes compared to other CVs.

Beta Tester
82 posts
463 battles

We were rolling with the joke actually :great:

On-topic: I would assume something along the lines where surface ships get 1.5x more EXP from killing planes compared to other CVs.

I will second that because Fighter Strafing.....

5MV1s2C.png

102 posts
1,581 battles

I would also like that While playing CL,CA I support my BBs and sometimes  CV and other Cruisers in Anti-Air  I normally shoot down 8-12 Planes if I plan on AA support per match.. Would be nice to get some Extra EXP for that =)

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
54 posts
1,771 battles

you should suggest give CV's more XP for enemy plane killing, killing allied plane should get penalty (for these who use special skill fighter plane when do killing enemy plane also kill the allied plane which near or too late to run away from getting in line of fire.)

783 posts
4,824 battles

you should suggest give CV's more XP for enemy plane killing, killing allied plane should get penalty (for these who use special skill fighter plane when do killing enemy plane also kill the allied plane which near or too late to run away from getting in line of fire.)

I kind of agree on this but it happens so rarely and requires 2CVvs2CV matchups anyway.

Unless you mean having penalty on killing ones own plane too getting a penalty then I'd have to disagree since baiting enemy planes with my own plane(sacrificing) with an 'advantageous' strafe is something I usually do.

753 posts
8,965 battles

I must now humbly apologize to most, but not all mind you 

After today's matches I have to amend my original apology. 

I must now humbly apologize to a few, but not all mind you.

Just had a match in the straits map with the 2 cap zones with us starting on the right side and an Independence was already safe behind our cap, next I notice him not only sailing towards the gap between the 2 islands but then through it out into the middle to be promptly sunk by a, I'm sure happy yet surprised, DD, I mean seriously what a moron.

I'm really sick of idiots in CV's that have absolutely no idea. WG should introduce a sub program or something where if a player displays constant stupidity and below par results they are then stripped of their CV's, with a refund, and are forbidden from ever playing them again. 

I'm getting to the stage now at the start of a match to be happy when I see no CV's in the match.

46 posts
3,123 battles

NO!
that will not happned
more credits and exp for plane killing meaning more love for USN CV. as far as i know, there is no love for USN CV. even in the next patch they want to reduce the fire chance for USN CV.

because in AS vs AS loadout, there is no way IJN will win in a dogfight. well maybe IJN can win, but they have lower chance to win.

anyway, the game name is world of WARSHIPS. so, go kill some WARSHIP to get credits and exp, not some warplane

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

+1 to the OP.

A CV doing its job of spotting DD's to be taken down, destroying enemy planes, etc should be rewarded.

As its a team game, CVs that go in with fighter builds suffer from that score wise.

I guess the bombers that they do get (USN) have to be highly accurate on slow moving BB;s to get the score.

216 posts
2,239 battles

NO!

that will not happned

more credits and exp for plane killing meaning more love for USN CV. as far as i know, there is no love for USN CV. even in the next patch they want to reduce the fire chance for USN CV.

because in AS vs AS loadout, there is no way IJN will win in a dogfight. well maybe IJN can win, but they have lower chance to win.

anyway, the game name is world of WARSHIPS. so, go kill some WARSHIP to get credits and exp, not some warplane

YdiQAKH.gif?1

Sorry, I didn't know you made the final decision for WG on exp buffs and nerfs. And besides what does fire chances on the USN CV's have to do with exp earning for both nations plane kills? Now I'm not for or against an exp buff on plane kills, but I will admit that exp earning for plane kills is low and promotes more of a zerg rush mentality from CV's to rush bombers and torps instead of attempting to earn air supremacy (if you haven't notice the increase of bot CV's bomb rushing). Now I would prefer if my teams CV's and the enemy CV's would duke it out with there fighters instead of bringing heavy bomb load outs that way me and my team mates can do our pew pew stuff uninterrupted, but maybe you like being bum rushed by two carriers worth of torp planes and bombers while your CV's do the same and don't even attempt to fight them off, because you know... "the game name is world of WARSHIPS. so, go kill some WARSHIP"

216 posts
2,239 battles

+1 to the OP.

A CV doing its job of spotting DD's to be taken down, destroying enemy planes, etc should be rewarded.

As its a team game, CVs that go in with fighter builds suffer from that score wise.

I guess the bombers that they do get (USN) have to be highly accurate on slow moving BB;s to get the score.

On the subject of spotting, I wish WG would include exp earn for spotting with CV planes (or even BB, and CA planes as well). I fell that people would spot more if they could see how much exp they are earning from spotting enemies with their planes.

783 posts
4,824 battles

NO!

that will not happned

The USN fire chance nerf can barely be called a nerf if you know the base fire chance on their dive bombers(500 and 1000 pounders).

As for why the USN CVs in particular got nerfed for that, I have no idea.