Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kreigg

Ship silhouette/outline from spotted ships in between obstructions

5 comments in this topic

580 posts
1,587 battles

GOOD DAY HARBORMASTERS & SHIPWRIGHTS! :honoring:

Just a tiny suggestion and clarification. I just noticed in another WG title namely WoT where spotted tanks in obstructed view are still shown as a colored outline or some such and I got to wondering. Is something like that planned for WoWS?

I'm asking since this could help out in shooting over islands at spotted enemies (either by friendly aircraft or other friendly ships) a bit easier especially on USN ships.

Just a tiny thought...

THANKS FOR THE READ! & HAVE A GOOD DAY! :honoring:

724 posts
2,204 battles

GOOD DAY HARBORMASTERS & SHIPWRIGHTS! :honoring:

Just a tiny suggestion and clarification. I just noticed in another WG title namely WoT where spotted tanks in obstructed view are still shown as a colored outline or some such and I got to wondering. Is something like that planned for WoWS?

I'm asking since this could help out in shooting over islands at spotted enemies (either by friendly aircraft or other friendly ships) a bit easier especially on USN ships.

Just a tiny thought...

THANKS FOR THE READ! & HAVE A GOOD DAY! :honoring:

Basically what Nguyen said.

Also, there might be times when you actually need the outline so you can see how the ship is positioned behind an island or anything that obstructs your view but that takes away the realism factor.

Could be useful from time to time but seeing how WoWS went for a more "realistic" setup, I highly doubt it'll happen.

:honoring:

580 posts
1,587 battles

Well no harm in asking... at least I know what the standing is on such a concept... It could be useful battle information though :honoring:

216 posts
2,239 battles

I can see the + and - to having out lines on ships. The negative effect like what Dave1337 said it does take away from the realism feel of the game (what very little there is). As for the positive point it could help you properly lead a shot for a ship coming around a corner or from behind a island that you can't shoot over.

Also in regards to Nguyen comment on aiming directly at enemy vessels, maybe instead of direct aim (which is practical for WoT) to instead have ship out line visible as long as you lock onto that ship. Not say it should or shouldn't be added, just wanted to point out that direct aiming wouldn't be necessary to make this functional.

Edited by Ryzil

Sign in to follow this