You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GOTT_MIT_UNS_steel

Wanted: Historical Flags For Ships

6 comments in this topic

8 posts
39 battles

I've examined quite a number of Simulators which take a different approach to war gaming and one thing all have in common is that the flags are not the true Historical Flags. I am really wanting Historical flags on the ships. Germany for Example should have it's Historical Flag. If we had to pay like 5 or dollars to have this feature UN-locked I would be happy to. The main aim for this is to have Historical accuracy in World of Warships.

359 posts
2,819 battles
Super Tester
630 posts
9,488 battles

You mean true historial flags like this mod here? 

https://woeramods.wordpress.com/frontpage/mods/flags-redone/

They also have a tech tree mod which aims to be historical (I think)

https://woeramods.wordpress.com/frontpage/mods/techtree-redux/

1,107 posts
7,849 battles

There are Countries that will censor "Historical" content.

Asia in general is region that have grunge against each other. due to ww2.

IJN flag (rising sun)were got totaly banned in China, south and north Korea (there is even law for it). In Singapore and Philiphines its grey area pre se - its not totaly banned, but needles to say its use were restricted. 

If you asking about KLM flag which have Swastika emblem, it even were more banned than IJN ones.

Entertaintment content were censored to each of the nation law.

since the game want to reach higest number of audience as possible, it was expected for them to be Politicaly Correct

mods is one way around that problem.

so dont hope, WG gonna look for trouble just for petty penny

Edited by humusz

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,936 battles

I've examined quite a number of Simulators which take a different approach to war gaming and one thing all have in common is that the flags are not the true Historical Flags. I am really wanting Historical flags on the ships. Germany for Example should have it's Historical Flag. If we had to pay like 5 or dollars to have this feature UN-locked I would be happy to. The main aim for this is to have Historical accuracy in World of Warships.

Ain't gonna happen - PCCCCCCCCC

Good mods out there though 

Edited by Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann