Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MEOW_MEE

What makes Izumo a tier 9 BB?

18 comments in this topic

32 posts
8,208 battles

Only those who have used Izumo before, please tell me, what's the advantage of Izumo? Firepower? AA? Armour? Mobility? Conceal? 

I find using Izumo has no advantage at all... except to be a super nice target for everyone else.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

izumo stock is bloody suck..

but once she got all upgrade she need.. she is 1 nice BB to play.

okay.. i'll list the izumo advantages that i used to know (i have yamato. and i used to grind her all the way until i got yamato. my izumo is elited too. means that i research all of her module, even tough i didn't bought the engine upgrade. 0.8knot? 要らない)

1. she's one of sexiest ship in the game >.<
  2. she got an amazing 2ndary .almost rivaled yamato in fire power. and has same range as yamato. 7km stock, and up to 10.8km with all upgrade possible
  3. she got pretty nice AA (dont compare her to USN monster AA pls >.<). not as good as USN AA. but her AA is really did its job.
  4. pretty agile despite of her huge body. (around 15s rudder shift time fully upgrade). she can even dodge torp. if u know what u are doing.
  5. bloody thick frontal armour. if she show her noose. only yamato can pen her.
  6. pretty fast shell (one of the fastest BB shell in the game).
  7. pretty nice penetration power, her AP has better penetration power compared to amagi/nagato (her stock hull AP shell is dull tough)
  8. can shoot at her back without to much trouble even tough all of her turrets are in front side.
  9. her stat is almost maxed out from the get go/stock (hp and speed)
  10. u dont need to buy her engine (0.8 knot for engine upgrade.. lol. 要らない)
  11. HUGE hp even in her stock hull.
  12. pretty good accuracy i'd say (yes just like all other BB. she suffered by RNG. but most of time it still acceptable)
  13. her repair only maxed around 200k :v and can be reduced by  flesh wound flag (pretty cheap if u compare it to tier 10 that can flush 350k++ each game)[dont play tier 10 if u whine about tier 9 repair cost]
  14. her stern has almost no armour at all (i'd call it an advantage.. since if BB shell hit there.. it will just overpen for the luls) there is no citadel hit box at all at her stern.. so yea. who cares.
  15. most of her citadel is at front side which is protected by bloody thick armour.. angle her and u will be imune from citadel (except from yamato)
  16. yamato will be your reward after grinding her.

and so on

shes is actually a nice ship... but she is overshadowed by the more powerfull ship like yamato that she will always face, as getting into tier 10 battle is her daily routine

her stock hull is bloody sluggish. makes her agility overshadowed by her arcrival, iowa and her predecessor amagi. get her C hull + rudder upgrade. she will actually able to dance.

Edited by ReNation

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

okay.. i'll list the izumo advantages that i used to know (i have yamato. and i used to grind her all the way until i got yamato. my izumo is elited too. means that i research all of her module, even tough i didn't bought the engine upgrade. 0.8knot? 要らない)

2. she got an amazing 2ndary .almost rivaled yamato in fire power. and has same range as yamato. 7km stock, and up to 10.8km with all upgrade possible
  3. she got pretty nice AA (dont compare her to USN monster AA pls >.<). not as good as USN AA. but her AA is really did its job.
  4. pretty agile despite of her huge body. (around 15s rudder shift time fully upgrade). she can even dodge torp. if u know what u are doing.
  7. pretty nice penetration power, her AP has better penetration power compared to amagi/nagato (her stock hull AP shell is dull tough)
  8. can shoot at her back without to much trouble even tough all of her turrets are in front side.
  12. can shoot at her back without to much trouble even tough all of her turrets are in front side.
  13. pretty good accuracy i'd say (yes just like all other BB. she suffered by RNG. but most of time it still acceptable)
  14. her repair only maxed around 200k :v and can be reduced by  flesh wound flag (pretty cheap if u compare it to tier 10 that can flush 350k++ each game)[dont play tier 10 if u whine about tier 9 repair cost]
  15. her stern has almost no armour at all (i'd call it an advantage.. since if BB shell hit there.. it will just overpen for the luls) there is no citadel hit box at all at her stern.. so yea. who cares.
  16. most of her citadel is at front side which is protected by bloody thick armour.. angle her and u will be imune from citadel (except from yamato)
  17. yamato will be your reward after grinding her.

and so on

32 posts
8,208 battles

What kind of upgrade you will give to Izumo then for both Captain skills and slots? My problem with Izumo is her citadel at the side is poorly armored, AA is really insufficient against tier 8 and 9 CV. I am in dilemma, AA skills or max out main battery..

Super Tester
1,310 posts

What kind of upgrade you will give to Izumo then for both Captain skills and slots? My problem with Izumo is her citadel at the side is poorly armored, AA is really insufficient against tier 8 and 9 CV. I am in dilemma, AA skills or max out main battery..

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/11762-izumo-why/page__pid__162451#entry162451

just an addition

tier 5 captain skill for 2ndary can be a nice pick for her now. (i've found a reason to get tier 5 skill on BB after this skill got released :) )

Super Tester
1,310 posts

also explained here :
http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/11703-need-advices-on-how-to-handle-izumo/

damn finding this thread is hard. >.>

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/13468-so-izumo-how-do-i-use-her/page__pid__275127#entry275127

Edited by ReNation

451 posts
6,946 battles

Other than that she is a paywall for the yamato. Didnt think u can easily grind thru the tier 9 ship to get the most broken battleship in the game, did u?

Beta Tester
41 posts
4,515 battles

12. pretty good accuracy i'd say (yes just like all other BB. she suffered by RNG. but most of time it still acceptable)
  13. her repair only maxed around 200k :v and can be reduced by  flesh wound flag (pretty cheap if u compare it to tier 10 that can flush 350k++ each game)[dont play tier 10 if u whine about tier 9 repair cost]
  14. her stern has almost no armour at all (i'd call it an advantage.. since if BB shell hit there.. it will just overpen for the luls) there is no citadel hit box at all at her stern.. so yea. who cares.
  15. most of her citadel is at front side which is protected by bloody thick armour.. angle her and u will be imune from citadel (except from yamato)
  16. yamato will be your reward after grinding her.

and so on

shes is actually a nice ship... but she is overshadowed by the more powerfull ship like yamato that she will always face, as getting into tier 10 battle is her daily routine

her stock hull is bloody sluggish. makes her agility overshadowed by her arcrival, iowa and her predecessor amagi. get her C hull + rudder upgrade. she will actually able to dance.

Somehow I "agree" with this point solely because her bridge looks like a "you know what I mean" :hmm:

Edited by Porygon

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Another question: Does Izumo worth using tier 4-6 Captain skill Manual AA? Will it be effective?

nope.. just nope...

just get AFT and its all good..

AFT is ur best choice for BB's at tier 4

more range to ur 2ndary..

more range to ur AA (which makes u able to shoot plane more longer)

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Only those who have used Izumo before, please tell me, what's the advantage of Izumo? Firepower? AA? Armour? Mobility? Conceal? 

I find using Izumo has no advantage at all... except to be a super nice target for everyone else.

Advantage compared to its counterpart Iowa: Can point 3 guns with deep angling and doesn't need to show too much broadside. Long range secondaries

Disadvantage: everything else.

Secondaries are niche, only 5% of my izumo games have used my secondaries. You are usually melted down by CA fires, shima torps, CVs and yamato penetrating your bow like hot knife through butter at long range. Armor doesn't really standout, Iowa beats it in Mobility and AA. Since 3 turrets are together, salvos can be tight, but you know RNG. Only reason of playing this ship is to get to yamato. Below average-mediocre ship. Iowa beats it out completely.

I also recommend you get the engine upgrade. Although max speed doesn't change much, the acceleration change is quite palpable.

Edited by Deicide

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,592 battles

the point of this ship in tier 9 is to annoy you

yamato is so near but you can't get it..does that annoy you? you want yamato right?!!!

just buy alot doubloons free xp your way past izumo

lol

Sign in to follow this