You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

8 comments in this topic

14 posts
13,799 battles

I play a Murmansk, which has a spotter. After launching is navigates like a headless chicken......going in directions that are useless.

I've searched for days but can find no references for this.

Am I missing something or is there actually no way to control it???

104 posts
12,495 battles

no, you cant control any of the catapult planes on cruisers and battleships. they just fly around you automatically.

with fighters on cruisers and battleships, you can ctrl + left mouse button click on enemy planes to ask them to focus attack.

For the spotter plane on your Murmansk, it just increase you firing range, and that's it. I personally don't like the aiming angle of spotter plane. cant get used to it.

1,126 posts

no need for control spotter plane,

what really need is 'spotter plane view' need to be rework!!

I can't hit a damn thing in that high angle view!   =[]=!!

today, when I play BB, I completely erase the fact that I have spotter plane off my brain...

Edited by PGM991

683 posts
7,367 battles

yup, can't really adjust to spotter plane view quickly. If use on battleships before you are used to it the duration is over (long reload time) 

In high tier CAs you can adjust to it with a few test shots, but personally i'd prefer a fighter plane, which can help me spot DD and incoming torps. (for god sake, please let me control the plane, at least a bit, towards a general direction!)

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,570 battles

really? because i find that aiming in spotter mode is a lot easier then in normal view, you see their angle and rough speed, so u should be able to aim better, unless Ur shooting at a target within 8km

1,126 posts

in normal view, all you have to do is lead left and right and slightly 'up' and 'down' compensate to ship heading.

but in spotter plane view, due to high angle view, those 'up' and 'down' turn into almost full 360 degree to be adjust.

some people may like it that way, but sorry, I'm a noob BB and super bad at aiming. and those spotter plane view make my aim even worst T_T

only thing I can shoot in spotter view is CV that 'sit still' behind island thinking that he safe, that I can plunging fire on him.

892 posts
7,853 battles

no, you cant control any of the catapult planes on cruisers and battleships. they just fly around you automatically.

with fighters on cruisers and battleships, you can ctrl + left mouse button click on enemy planes to ask them to focus attack.

For the spotter plane on your Murmansk, it just increase you firing range, and that's it. I personally don't like the aiming angle of spotter plane. cant get used to it.

​This is something new. Never knew you could do this til now.

1,070 posts
3,847 battles

A toggle so you can switch between normal and spotter view while the spotter is up would be good.

I have launched it to try and spot close in DD's,and all of a sudden you have the angled view which is hard to use at short range.