You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mxx_iron

Getting SUNK by disappearing ships....not under smoke

10 comments in this topic

14 posts
13,763 battles

I'm playing in Random games with a Murmansk and keep getting sunk by disappearing ships that are not in smoke. I just had my guns trained on two ships, a DD and Cruiser, and they both disappeared.

This has been happening since the beginning. They can see me............I can't see them.

What the FRICK is up with that???

334 posts
12,961 battles

It's a game mechanic distance islands smoke (they dont need to be in smoke just behind it and your own DD's smoke will also obscure them) all are contributing factors they can keep firing at you as long as 1 enemy ship has line of sight on you. It also happens to them your not being singled out. Basically live with it and learn to use it to your advantage.

695 posts
2,153 battles

Also you cant see smoke while you are in it. / zoomed looking at it (game bug) try to zoom out to see if smoke was there?

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Also you cant see smoke while you are in it. / zoomed looking at it (game bug) try to zoom out to see if smoke was there?

i dont think its a bug.. since it always been like that since open beta.. 

if its a bug. then it must have been fixed already, coz it has been half year since then..  i doubt that dev left the bug alone for that long

(alpha/cbt? dunno)

Edited by ReNation

580 posts
1,587 battles

Looks like someone got sunk by INVISI-FIRING technique... It's a known and accepted technique that's really hard to pull off but menacingly annoying if one gets it right... There are youtube vids about this technique should you wish to learn about it... Do note however that this technique only works in certain ships and with the AFT captain skill

695 posts
2,153 battles

if its a bug. then it must have been fixed already, coz it has been half year since then..  i doubt that dev left the bug alone for that long

(alpha/cbt? dunno)

True bug was a hard word. Its more like hard to detect ships in smoke while zoomed in etc. Hence people see disappearing ships not ships in smoke. Zoom out see smoke, zoom in not see smoke nore ship when should be able to. etc.  Makes it hard for people not used to it.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

(alpha/cbt? dunno)

True bug was a hard word. Its more like hard to detect ships in smoke while zoomed in etc. Hence people see disappearing ships not ships in smoke. Zoom out see smoke, zoom in not see smoke nore ship when should be able to. etc.  Makes it hard for people not used to it.

I don't think that's a bug, It's intended, back in Weekend test, if you look at smoke, you got only white screen, now you can see something behind smoke

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I really want smoke in beta to comeback ... it like you in heavy fog .. it all white but yiu can still see something in close range ... I really like it