Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ArtickWarspite

What's the point?

6 comments in this topic

159 posts
3,388 battles

As previously mentioned, I enjoy taking out my lower tier ships but unfortunately it's becoming harder and harder to justify using them as they end up always fighting much stronger opposition. 

I recently played a game where there was 2 t3's and  2 t4's on each team along with 7 t5 ships on each team. Now normally I wouldn't kick up much fuss about it but that level of imbalance is wholly ridiculous. 

Not only are you targeted by something miles away you can't even see, the AA on those level ships aren't suited to a higher level of game play and everything can out run you. But what is most frustrating of all is when you finally get lucky enough to have a 1 on 1 with a ship just like yours only to realise he's 2 tiers higher. 

I fought a guy who was in a t5 cruiser whilst I was in a t3 cruiser. He took me on 20% down on hp while I was full. I landed 5 citadel hits on him plus started fires etc. He landed no critical hits on me but still managed to sink my ship. 

Playing a lower level ship should mean playing against ships of the same tier or only 1 tier higher or lower. Not 2. 

It does a lot to ruin the fun it must be said and with the addition of the latest Russian ships, it should be a lot more level across the board- even If  they're smaller battles rather than large ones.

But yeah, thumbs down on this one right now. There's no fairness let alone sufficient reward for using lower tier ships. 

359 posts
2,819 battles

Not many will I agree with you but I do. 2 tiers difference sometime is too much. But gameplay wise and Macthmaking wise it's probably for the best.

There's no fairness let alone sufficient reward for using lower tier ships. 

I believe we get more reward for damage higher tier ships, but yeah, unless enemy is potato it won't happen much.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't complain here if you happen to be the top tier ship in the match most of the time right?

I think the tier difference are fine, in fact some lower tier ships can hold its ground against higher tier ones, such as St. Louis, Bogatyr, Myoko just to name a few.. The game itself already give a bigger incentive on damaging higher tier ships by giving more exp gain..

If you want to be top tier all the time, drive a tier 10 ships

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I played the tier 3 Russian Cruisers when it got released, but I'm often thrown mostly in tier 4 battles & few tier 2 & tier 5. Though as per MM rule, veteran player such as myself should have thrown often into tier 5 (just like my tier 3 St. Louis which sold it later on).

Probably the factor for my good MM is that many players in the queue that time and my tier 3 ship is new.

Sign in to follow this