You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

When will this begin?

21 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/13699-a-mighty-stand-against-afkidling-players/

There is nothing worse than players that sit there afk. Spare the excuses of "I was disconnected" because whenever I am I immediately log back in.

I'd rather use my quota of 7 per day complimenting good players but currently the majority are used for these individuals with the remainder used on cowards and useless CV players. 

Perhaps have the limit of 7 only for reports and have an unlimited number for compliments. 

I am fully aware that the topic of afk players has been addressed many times but after this statement was made in the link provided nothing has changed.

I just had a match where the CV just sat there and when I told others to report him in chat his response was merely "tehehe" so he was clearly not disconnected. The only time he launched his planes was when he was threatened by the enemy whom thankful sunk him to much applause from my team. 

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

That player made me laughed. 

What if i tell you that was NOT somekind of abuse. Take a look at his own stat. He doesn't even play carrier! Mainly cruiser! So, what is the point of hiding in a corner or behind an island? And he even claimed to have "turned the tide of the battle"... Pretty much turned the tide of the battle... But to the enemy's favor. His stat, winrate, kill/death ratio pretty much explained it all. A smart cruiser or destroyer player doesn't camp, even battleship player. 

I hope WG will give us an option to report "camper" because this guy doesn't seem to like being reported as "bot".

And i would say who ever has reported this guy, that person has done the right thing.

Edited by NguyenArchitakuVN

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Sentence them to good ol' fashioned Naval Discipline.

Give em the cat, mi Lord.

S6EfinC.jpg?1

and there is always keelhauling for 'special' cases.

DoU8A9b.jpg

753 posts
8,965 battles

This is pleasing to hear but does this statement "WOWS AFK/Idling Alert. According to the data we acquired your account was mentioned in the list of our Anti Bot/Leeching program. Some data of your account has been deemed suspicious." mean that is done purely from program data and our reports are wasted reporting this behavior or is it that our reports highlight an individual for further investigation via program data?

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

This is pleasing to hear but does this statement "WOWS AFK/Idling Alert. According to the data we acquired your account was mentioned in the list of our Anti Bot/Leeching program. Some data of your account has been deemed suspicious." mean that is done purely from program data and our reports are wasted reporting this behavior or is it that our reports highlight an individual for further investigation via program data?

If a player gets a high number of reports filed against them, they are flagged suspicious. So reporting does count toward the data.

Also, the number of compliments and reports you have per day are separate, so you don't have to worry about using up your quota for compliments by reporting players.

753 posts
8,965 battles

If a player gets a high number of reports filed against them, they are flagged suspicious. So reporting does count toward the data.

Also, the number of compliments and reports you have per day are separate, so you don't have to worry about using up your quota for compliments by reporting players.

Good to know on both points, thanks for the info. 

18 posts

I know you might think that this posting of mine isn't related to this topic but for me it is. I've been having issues in getting a black screen frequently whenever the battle starts. How can I battle it out with the enemy if I can't see anything and I have no choice but to exit the battle. I reached out to technical support and one of the steps they advised me was to update my video card's driver. Tried it but got an error message from Nvidia that it's not supported. I really liked the game but I'm reaching a point wherein I find the situation hopeless and makes me lose the enthusiasm. I admit, I have been issued a warning this week for being afk but what can I do? I'm not doing it on purpose and I don't have a choice. I don't want to be branded a bot.. In fact, if I'm a bot, why do I have to load premium time whenever I'm playing right??? I've been playing WOT since 2012 and I've got more than 25k games under my belt and I tried my best to improve my win rate in WOT but was unsuccessful. Then those thrash talkers ridicule you because of your win rate. Tried WOW and I loved it. Then this problem arrived. I'm no computer geek and I hope somebody can help me fix the issue in wiping out this black screen glitch I'm having. And to those people who sent me a warning, I hope you read this.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I know you might think that this posting of mine isn't related to this topic but for me it is. I've been having issues in getting a black screen frequently whenever the battle starts. How can I battle it out with the enemy if I can't see anything and I have no choice but to exit the battle. I reached out to technical support and one of the steps they advised me was to update my video card's driver. Tried it but got an error message from Nvidia that it's not supported. I really liked the game but I'm reaching a point wherein I find the situation hopeless and makes me lose the enthusiasm. I admit, I have been issued a warning this week for being afk but what can I do? I'm not doing it on purpose and I don't have a choice. I don't want to be branded a bot.. In fact, if I'm a bot, why do I have to load premium time whenever I'm playing right??? I've been playing WOT since 2012 and I've got more than 25k games under my belt and I tried my best to improve my win rate in WOT but was unsuccessful. Then those thrash talkers ridicule you because of your win rate. Tried WOW and I loved it. Then this problem arrived. I'm no computer geek and I hope somebody can help me fix the issue in wiping out this black screen glitch I'm having. And to those people who sent me a warning, I hope you read this.

have you tried to check your video card? or some of the setting option makes the problem?

Try to raise ticket support provided with your Dxdiag

18 posts

have you tried to check your video card? or some of the setting option makes the problem?

Try to raise ticket support provided with your Dxdiag

What specific info from Dxdiag do I need to get?
Edited by Panzer_Lehr_Division

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

What specific info from Dxdiag do I need to get?

Just copy the all data, then upload it in "pastebin" and share the link along with your report in "Bug Report" section

Make sure you use the format that already explained there

1,126 posts

well, at least I know that WG did investigate first not reported = ban

since if they truly look into log file, they can easily separate AFK with disconnect.

so, umm.... did we have any notification? that we've been complimented, or we've been reported.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

well, at least I know that WG did investigate first not reported = ban

since if they truly look into log file, they can easily separate AFK with disconnect.

so, umm.... did we have any notification? that we've been complimented, or we've been reported.

no, just Karma point to see how many compliment or report you got

1,126 posts

no, just Karma point to see how many compliment or report you got

oh come on! why leave people in the dark???

IMO, It's better for player to know that 'oh, someone has compliment me' (don't have to know who) or 'Oops, someone has reported me' (don't have to know who)

so he'll be more careful of what he gonna do in next match.

if he don't know that which thing he do is bad, how he gonna fix himself?

Edited by PGM991

Super Tester
1,310 posts

oh come on! why leave people in the dark???

IMO, It's better for player to know that 'oh, someone has compliment me' (don't have to know who) or 'Oops, someone has reported me' (don't have to know who)

so he'll be more careful of what he gonna do in next match.

if he don't know that which thing he do is bad, how he gonna fix himself?

when some1 compliment u.. u will get notification for it after the battle ([!] mark in bottom right of ur screen)

also when there is atleast 3ppl reported you. u will also get notification 

the notification didn't tell who complimented or reported you tough..

its just something like this :

"you have received compliment for xxxx,,,"

"you have received 3 report from last battle.."

kinda forget the exact line.. but its something like that

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

when some1 compliment u.. u will get notification for it after the battle ([!] mark in bottom right of ur screen)

also when there is atleast 3ppl reported you. u will also get notification 

the notification didn't tell who complimented or reported you tough..

its just something like this :

"you have received compliment for xxxx,,,"

"you have received 3 report from last battle.."

kinda forget the exact line.. but its something like that

There's a pretty damned good reason why it doesn't tell you who reported you - because there already is a spate of players PMing abuse to each other after matches, don't really want that to increase.

1,126 posts

I also agreed in that no need to know who report/compliment who,

and... how karma point work?

assume that I have 10 karma point, I don't know if it good or bad.

if I got compliment, did it gone up to 11?

and if I got reported, did it gone down to 9?

or reverse, the more karma, the more bad it get?

753 posts
8,965 battles

Karma System
Karma is calculated as the difference between the number of complements and reports received, and may not be less than zero. Karma Point will be displayed on the upper right hand corner of the Service Record menu, beside the Player Name.
It is prohibited to complement and report players within the same Division.
If a player is complemented or reported, a system message appears after a battle. The system message for reports will be displayed only if a player has been reported by at least two players.
The system message for complements will show the specific number of people who complemented you (without specifying their nicknames, however).

This was from the patch notes when it was introduced.