Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ryzil

Focusing your BB's / CA's Fighter Plane on a Target

5 comments in this topic

216 posts
2,239 battles

So earlier tonight I was playing in my Tirpitz sailing the high seas when out of the blue I saw a USS DB and a TB squadron making a bee line for me. I already had my BB's fighter in the air waiting for enemy planes to get closer, and as the two enemy squadrons got closer (around 7km) I went ahead and CTRL click the TB since I view them as more of a threat. Here's where my problem comes in, even though I chose to focus on the TD sq with AA, my fighter plane determined that he would go for the DB sq since they were closer to him (by like 100-200m) as he flew his patrol, and since none of the enemy TB were shot down on their approach I ended up eating 4 torps from that fly by, mean while my fighter shot down 3 DB before they could even reach my ship (wishing that he would have done this to the TBs instead).

Now since my short story is over I'll get to the summery. I'm suggesting that WG should give BB's and CA's that have fighter planes the ability select an enemy sq and focus on it in a similar fashion like the ships AA's do. If I CTRL click a enemy plane sq then my fighter (if in the air) should also focus that squadron as well.

So we can't just allow this as a default function for BB's and CA's right away, there should be a way to earn this ability to use in game. I propose that if you want to be able to tell your fighter to focus then you will need to research a commander skill (maybe a tier 3 or 4 skill). This will force players to pick and choose this skill against other skills. Also I would like to point out that your fighter will still only be bound to patrol within his normal fight radius and you will not have any control on his fight pattern, he will circle over head like normal.

Now this is something I would like to see implemented, it makes sense that your ship should be able to communicate with the pilot and tell him which enemy sq to focus (it's not like he doesn't have a radio up there). Let me know what the rest of you think about this.  

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Agree but he will lose ability to spot enemy ship and increasing range since he is only one plane against a squadron

216 posts
2,239 battles

Agree but he will lose ability to spot enemy ship and increasing range since he is only one plane against a squadron

That's fine, I don't like the spotter plane that increases range, forces your ship to fire over your normal max range thus giving you some crappy accuracy and dispersion. I always bring fighter planes on my BB's and CA's if possible, I don't believe in the snipy snipy meta of this game.
Edited by Ryzil

[SGC]
93 posts
6,366 battles

+1

This is a great idea... in fact fully controllable fighter planes should be implemented.. ie direct your plane to a certain direction instead of just circling.

Sign in to follow this