Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FishyPower

Battleships are... interesting to say the least...

12 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,276 battles

You are too slow to get really close, and even if you do, people can still HE spam the shit out of you. If you try to be "Historically accurate" and attack from long range, RNG shouts "HAHA! MISS AGAIN", meanwhile cruisers can actually afford to miss due to high ROF... What is a BB supposed to do!

Edited by FishyPower

1,126 posts

well, all BB player have to bare the frustrated of RNG.

but than again, if it hit citadel with even just 1 shell, it can shaking CA downs to it's core.

suitable engage range for BB of all nation, 10 ~ 15 km. longer than that, just test your luck, shorter than that, beware of torpedoes! some CA have torp that can send BB underwater in instant.

1BB vs 1BB is like a knight vs knight, nothing hide in those sleeve, sheer skill, I love it! (well, except for the tirpitz bastard that have torp =w=)

however, I believe that IRL WW2 BB gun are far more worst accuracy than in this game.

they have wind, wave, earth rotation, humidity, barrel temparature etc hundred factor to make the shell miss.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

You are too slow to get really close, and even if you do, people can still HE spam the shit out of you. If you try to be "Historically accurate" and attack from long range, RNG shouts "HAHA! MISS AGAIN", meanwhile cruisers can actually afford to miss due to high ROF... What is a BB supposed to do!

Too slow get in range? Must be U.S. Battleships (and stock Fusou's 13km gun range), you invest gun range & fire prevention upgrades on that & AP shot the enemy cruisers. I don't complain your limits as Battleships, coz I've been playing both US & JP Battleship myself.

What I'm mostly disappointed when someone who can't read the battle situation on the map. At least 7 enemy ships are 20 km west near of our base, and one of our slow full-hp Battleship decided to go long path to capture enemy base while I (rage) chatting & explaining to him he's too slow that he have to defend the base for the past 5 minutes. He totally ignored it & survived doing nothing & placed on bottom of the team score. The guy deserves it.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Shooting from long range is historically accurate as real life, you can't hit anything from such range kek

Get closer and wreck people

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

"Battleship can hit something fro 37km"

ah hell

that's only one in the world

and how much  days, shells, Food (for crew) A Battleship spends for sinking an enemy ship at, let's say, 20 km in average?

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

LOL

60UruAG.jpg

E89KE4u.jpg

They used to drag Those, for Battleship Gunnery training.

Draged around 20  Knot, full straight line and fired at range 20.000 Yard (around 18km).

If The Battleship can hit those in 14th Salvo, it will be considered realy Good. (avrg reload time is 1.9 round per min - 2.5 round in late ww2)

that would bring the averange accuracy around 4%

Zig Zag target at 40km away ? accurate shooting ? big lol

Edited by humusz

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,276 battles

Well, my Cleveland can citadel a person to death in 2 reloads, if >10km, but the BBs? I gotta waiiiiiiiitttt forever... I feel that BBs should get really low repair crew reload. They have so many people! The beta BB used to be awesome, now? Not really, but still cool XD.

And I don't mean too close to get in range. I mean the ARP ships can start hitting the enemy in 30sec of battle, what I mean is to get close enough to you actually get to do enough damage per salvo... Lets say you meet an enemy, he start firing at 15km, assume he doesn't move at all, by the time he is within 10km of you (I still don't like the range but at least you kinda hit other people?), he would probably have gotten 10 salvos (5 secs reload)on you, now thats about 10k worth of damage, now you add fire, 4 fires on you that you can't put out? Well, maybe you get 2 salvos off at him before you die. I think BBs are only worth it if 1.RNGesus loves you 2.The repair party time is reduced to 30sec 3. The HP adding thing gives you more HP when not hit for say 30 secs?

109 posts
5,101 battles

Battleship captain here. The Battleships are notorious for 2 things: the absurd RNG and the ability to insta-gib ( or at least remove to <20% HP) a full health cruiser. But I must say, it also depends on the cruiser captain's mistake. If he's good at dodging your shots, he can harass you all day. But if he shows his broadside to you below <12 km (intentional or not), he deserves to be sunk. (If RNG loves you of course) :)

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,276 battles

Battleship captain here. The Battleships are notorious for 2 things: the absurd RNG and the ability to insta-gib ( or at least remove to <20% HP) a full health cruiser. But I must say, it also depends on the cruiser captain's mistake. If he's good at dodging your shots, he can harass you all day. But if he shows his broadside to you below <12 km (intentional or not), he deserves to be sunk. (If RNG loves you of course) :)

Of course, but for some reasons, when you mean noob enemies, RNG hates you, and when RNG loves you, the enemy is as pro as it gets

Sign in to follow this