You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Not a fan of RU cruisers so far

123 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

It might be an early call but after 3 games in my Svietlana and having been killed early every time by devastating strikes I cannot see myself playing these for much longer.

A few more games varying my tactics but the outlook is not bright. 

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

The clumsy rudder shift time and the meager range (actually 100m less than the Bogatyr lol) have made it a bit of a struggle for me too.

That massive gap in range between the Svietlana and the cruisers it gets thrown in against isn't too fun. :D

Edited by EnochIsHere

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

And to think that people were complaining that RU cruisers would be made of Stalinium :trollface:

But yes. They're hilariously fragile and have awful rudder shift, coupled with battleship levels of size and detectability. On the upside, they carry much, much heavier gun armaments - Kirov can hit battleships for 5-digit AP pens, even at range.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

On the upside, they carry much, much heavier gun armaments - Kirov can hit battleships for 5-digit AP pens, even at range.

What are you talking about? Furutaka carries a bigger caliber gun. Last I checked 203 mm is bigger than 180 mm :-P

And then they're stuck with 6" until Dmitri and Moskva.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

What are you talking about? Furutaka carries a bigger caliber gun. Last I checked 203 mm is bigger than 180 mm :-P

And then they're stuck with 6" until Moskva.

Bah, Taco has five of them in awful turrets. Kirov's got 9.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

And then they're stuck with 6" until Dmitri and Moskva.

BS, Stalin Gun AP Shells Could penetrate anything, Even Mighty Yamato

did you see what their DD do to enemy Cruiser?

Sarcasm

753 posts
8,965 battles

It's official, too slow, too weak and a BB could turn better than this bloody thing. That's a few wasted hours of my life that I'll never get back. 

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Well, it's fine on tier 3 & 4. Still grinding the tier 4 RU Cruiser ship. The thing is..... RU Cruiser can be easily killed by battleships of any shell, yes HE can severely damage you.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

6... Baka Syanda...

Wow.

Look at the ship, for God's sake.

108 posts
467 battles

I also had a weird experience in using the Bogatyr. The traverse of the guns are rather slow, though that isn't really important because of its sooo tooo many guns, haha. But as what you guys have said, the traverse is way too irritating. I have high hopes for the Svietlana based on what I have watched in WoWs videos in youtube but we'll see. Hopefully I would still enjoy grinding up the tiers, huhu. Do you guys think they will buff the RU cruisers if these problems get addressed or if many players complain about them?

1,162 posts

buddie of mine got the moskow and it's... fragile, i really do wonder if they used blueprint papers in the building of this ship...

Fragile? But their armor is the thickest of all the all cruisers right? So it should able tank more shells right?:amazed:

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

Fragile? But their armor is the thickest of all the all cruisers right? So it should able tank more shells right?:amazed:

It's a massive target that turns pretty slowly so Yamato players will probably drool when they see one. :trollface:

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I'm loving the new Stalin boats, especially Kirov

Dat 4100 AP shell damage, dat accuracy.. So many cruisers got 100-zeroed

Can't wait to get the Dmitri, i'm currently at Budy.. I'm planning to grind the whole line

Beta Tester
120 posts
4,246 battles

The lower tier ships aren't the problem.. its the fact that their highest tier has radar and any dd within range get highlighted.. just experienced this myself.. you can not get away... no point in popping smoke. .they can see you and shoot you.. and if there are more than one Moskva.. say goodbye.. 

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

There's been a few people free XP'ing, I vsed a Moskva yesterday... Ripped her to shreds in my Ibuki :playing:

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

Never free exp a ship :D

Yep - don't even have hull(B) yet BAHAHAHA

(Although do have FCS and all the equipment ups)