Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SlamUez

Free XP required to get tier 10 Russian cruiser

21 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
908 posts

Anyone know how much free XP it costs to unlock the whole line for the tier 10 Russian cruiser?

Have a 165k free XP. Looking to probably convert and unlock the tier 10 ship without grinding it.

Straight line going up the tree. No gun or engine unlocks on other ships.

Cheers.

Slam

[LLBC]
Super Tester
750 posts
3,314 battles

Anyone know how much free XP it costs to unlock the whole line for the tier 10 Russian cruiser?

With just the mandatory hull upgrades, you won't see much change out of 800k XP if you want to Free XP the whole line (T2 - 10). The 165k you have now should be enough to get you to the T7 with out issues

[TF-16]
38 posts
844 battles

With your current free xp amount, i bet you can only research till tier 6 or tier 7 stock ship. :trollface:

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Don't let the tier 10s be your trophy ship, i learned the hard way when i spent $30 to skip the Ibuki > Zao halfway through the grind

The Zao ended up being a Hotel in my port, because the ship is boring lol

Beta Tester
908 posts

The zao should be a fun ship. Sadly I don't have one. It should play like an atago on steroids.

The Moskva has radar which will change things up a bit in tier 10 games.

This game has been repeatitive after reaching 6 tier 10 ships (owning 5). Not sure I want to grind the lines again. So thinking about taking the quick way out.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Moskva is basically a Large Cruiser like Alaska, and the bigger they are the harder they fall, she also more vulnerable to torpedo and etcetera

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

While I get people have every right to pay their way into tier 10, whats the rush guys? Wouldn't playing premium time or premium ships be a better use of ones money, but each to their own.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Don't let the tier 10s be your trophy ship, i learned the hard way when i spent $30 to skip the Ibuki > Zao halfway through the grind

The Zao ended up being a Hotel in my port, because the ship is boring lol

this is excellent advice. you get to tier 10 and think what the hell? I have more fun with the tier 5...

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Using free xp to get to tier10, you are gonna have a captain with no skills.

A skill-less captain at that tier will be a definite hindrance.  Seems like a bad move.

Of course, you may have pre-trained one on a Murmansk or Grem.

And as others have already said, tier10 is not the holy grail of this game.

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,921 battles

Have a 165k free XP. Looking to probably convert and unlock the tier 10 ship without grinding it.

Straight line going up the tree. No gun or engine unlocks on other ships.

Cheers.

Slam

Meh

Saving mine for German BBs

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

There are better things to spend money on than blowing it on free XP conversion.

Beside, you'd miss out some gems of the line if you free exp past them, such as tier 6 Budyonny.

Tier7 and 8 might worth skipping though, they are pretty horrible (they have BB turn radius, yet even worse armor than CA, gun is okay-ish)

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Beta Tester
908 posts

this is excellent advice. you get to tier 10 and think what the hell? I have more fun with the tier 5...

This depends on ship. Each ship plays differently. 

The Russian cruiser play differently. Just like the Khabarovsk. I didn't buy a gearing because I don't think I'll enjoy it.

But the Russian CA plays different to a zao and Hindenburg. I'll decide over next few days. Might just grind up from t5 for now

Beta Tester
908 posts

Using free xp to get to tier10, you are gonna have a captain with no skills.

A skill-less captain at that tier will be a definite hindrance.  Seems like a bad move.

Of course, you may have pre-trained one on a Murmansk or Grem.

And as others have already said, tier10 is not the holy grail of this game.

I got 3 x 11 point captains ready to go. Not a problem there. As long as the ship gets the demo expert skill.

331 posts
17,077 battles

I think i will grind up starting from t2. I don't usually promote my captains as I go up the tiers too time consuming or expensive. but then I have 67 ship mostly with 10 to 12 point captains. stock ships are also a hindrance at any tier

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Isn't it great how the russain CA's are so awesome.. radar n all.. fantastic

At the cost of absolutely no armour and concealment. Hellooooo citadels~

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

The zao should be a fun ship. Sadly I don't have one. It should play like an atago on steroids.

The Moskva has radar which will change things up a bit in tier 10 games.

This game has been repeatitive after reaching 6 tier 10 ships (owning 5). Not sure I want to grind the lines again. So thinking about taking the quick way out.

Spamming HE while being invisible and cause fire on every salvo gets a bit repetitive though :D

Which is why I'm playing the RU cruisers line right now.. They're challenging to play, they need proper positioning, cover, and aggresive maneuver to survive.. Make one mistake and you're screwed, but if you stay alive long enough you can shift the game to your favor..

Sign in to follow this