Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Hero_of_Zero

How well you perform in your Carrier? From CV perspective.

What happen the most in your attacks?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Against Battleships

• I take 70% or more of their HPs or outright sunk them
    • I do moderate damage. 40-70% of their HPs
    • I barely score a hit, do 20-40% damage, if at all
  2. 2. Against Cruiser

• I take 70% or more of their HPs or outright sunk them
    • I do moderate damage. 40-70% of their HPs
    • I barely score a hit, do 20-40% damage, if at all
  3. 3. Against Destoyer

• I sink them
    • I hit for heavy damage
    • I barely hit them, if at all.
  4. 4. Against Other "active" CV. Mean sniping at the beginning or midgame. Not count "round things up" when you already win

• I sink them in 1-2 run all by myself
    • I sink them in 1-2 run with friendly CV work together
    • I sink them in 2-3 run all by myself
    • I sink them in 2-3 run with friendly CV work together
    • I make more than 2-3 run to sink them (IMHO please kill BBs instead)
    • I barely snipe CV

5 comments in this topic

359 posts
2,819 battles

There has been many discussion about how effective...or OP CV is. Some say if CV gunning for you, you can't survive. Some say if you do everything right, you'll take 1-2 torpedo at most.

Now for those who never or rarely play carriers, but get sunk by them. I'd like to point out that you get sunk from all ships classes, not only CV. On the other hand. CV player have to try sink every type of ships. So I believe the number of how many time "torpedo drops" from CV perspective should be greater, and I ask for their opinion/experience.

I value all opinion. But often enough I read from those who sunk be CV (and I did not dismiss them it does make me curious about how thing actually is, leading to this poll).  Now, if you please, left this to those who play CV

Now there're maybe different in performance in different situation. Maybe you run a USN CV and have a hard time nail a DD.

Maybe you IJN paper planes has a hard time survive a cruise run. Maybe you play high or low tiers. Or anything.

Please vote the most close to the truth choice and supply detail below if my choices do not cover your experience.

Thanks for your time.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

IJN BB all tier is more vulnerable than USN BB  (Up to Colorado)

Their length and their worse Rudder shift speed is their weakness against Torpedo (ship or aircraft)

Cruiser is much harder when they use Barage, but when they don't (completely with him being far away from other Cruiser and battleship) it is not that hard to hit

Destroyer is very fragile but fast and agile ,makes using Torpedo Bomber sounds Hard, but believe me, once hit they will either dead or Critically damaged at the engine part, use second wave to FINISH HIM

Edited by Harpoon01

783 posts
4,824 battles

I couldn't really answer most of these as accurate as I would like since it really is variable so I went with answer when I'm having good runs.

(All on my Hiryuu scenarios and usually lone targets. I just don't get success attacking packs)
Against BBs: It largely depends on whether I get a flooding in a torpedo attack. If I do and bait out damage control, I can safely set fire(s) with my DBs usually and deal a whole lot of hurt. Otherwise, it's a repairable amount of damage only. (TB-TB-Wait-DB-DB)
Against Cruisers: First, trying to bait out the AA consumable is time costly. But if I did manage to do it, then 40-70%HP I guess, also depends on my DB drops and how much of my planes are left. Otherwise, under AA panic, barely gonna score a hit. Those DB panic spreads are too much. (TB-Bait-TB-Wait-DB-DB)

Against DDs: It's a half of the DD actually dodging and if the torpedo does hit automatically being a large chunk of HP. (Although it's sometimes hilarious when I get 3k damage roll against a full HP DD). I use the DBs first and if I'm lucky and get incapacitations then I can work from there. I try to target DDs within range of allied ships and under fire since they tend to be less focused on the TBs, else they pretty much dodge everything XD
Against CVs: I only snipe when the enemy CV is running Air superiority setup AND knows how to strafe properly. I know for a fact that I'd lose the air power the longer the match goes so then I snipe, otherwise I just go for other ships. 1-2 runs(usually 1) are enough since I usually do it only mid match when all the cruisers are far away from the CV anyway while baiting out damage control with DB-TB-TB-Wait-DB.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Kind of an answer to OP. CV performance (for me personally) is heavily dependent on how the target plays. If the target does everything right while I got to do every drop right, I still won't be able to damage him severely(in between moderate to small damage) even when dedicating a whole strike group. This is especially amplified with the CV on the enemy team. If the enemy CV is downright better than the ally CV, you can be sure that the enemy CV will have a blast of a game. It goes both ways.

Edited by SZYZWY

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,884 battles

while I can sink unprotected BB, the process is different between my USN and IJN CV, in my USN CV I could just steam roll them, outright killing them with alpha damage and minor DOT, but I can't do that in my IJN CV, I heavily rely on DOT and trying to bait their Damage Control

and actually depends on what carrier, I rarely snipe CV with my IJN one (Hiryuu) but I most likely gonna snipe CV if I'm in my Lex 

Destroyer one is kinda unique, I could kill destroyer kinda easily with IJN CV but I can't with USN unless I'm super lucky with my dive bomber drop

359 posts
2,819 battles

Since I ask for opinions it's not fair to not comment myself. I refrain from doing so before because i try not to lead the poll

I am quite bad CV player, judging by winrate. My average damage seem to be better than server average. The thing is I play mainly in coop but I'm talk about my small sample of random battle here.

i choose choice 2 ,2, 3 and 6 (the last choice)

Just come from a pve battle where I try to snipe an enemy Ryujo who run stock.

Dive bombing cause fire alright, torpedoes fail to flood. Coincide with our Cleveland afk, nearly cause us the game.

And get the most damage/xp from Ryojo ever, because we need to snatch victory from the jaw of defeat.

Not fair at all, sorry teammates.

My first and only attempt at snipe in pvp also fail.

Bring ally CV. Planes get detect early so need quick drop. Ally go for another CV instead of the marked CV (his target is closer so he did the right thing, I went for another and have to turn back when I realize he already drop)

Last second before manual drop, a (business) phone call...

I want to die....

Sign in to follow this