Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TaikoTaiko

Just started out on CVs

11 comments in this topic

621 posts
2,271 battles

USN for aerial superiority and niche loadouts ; either all defence or all offence.

IJN for a more balanced loadout, with more squadrons but less planes per squadron.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

USN CV are easier to start with due to their lower squad numbers (easier to manage). However most USN CV are either underpowered or unrewarding until high tiers.

IJN CV are well-rounded, they require more skill to use but are generally stronger if used correctly. IJN CV also have more linear progression, with no power spikes like USN CV line where some are vastly underpowered compare to previous tiers.

359 posts
2,819 battles

If start with IJN, you will cry that USN fighter are op.

Start with USN, you will cry that IJN fighter control (Loadout) are op.

For first 2 tiers, I'd prefer USN. After that I'd prefer IJN all the way.

And I recommend what gezeiten-heimatwelt above has said.

109 posts
5,101 battles

Currently Tier V-VI-VII US CVs are underpowered against their IJN counterparts (no good damage loadouts, slow planes, etc..., good fighter though), so if you're masochist :P , i recommend you start US CV lines (the last three ships are good though as I observe).

783 posts
4,808 battles

If you do continue for the USN CVs, I'd strongly encourage you to go strike. Other than doing much more damage, it encourages training CV skills on picking targets and choosing which sides of the map to act upon. Downside of course is that if the opposing CV is more skillful especially with their fighters and no mitigation of early CV attacks where you have to rely on your own AA and ally AA.

IJN CVs on the other hand have strike packages with fighters making for more balanced loadouts. Main problem other than USN fighters is the fact that your planes are more vulnerable from AA and panic so choosing your targets wisely is always needed.

Sign in to follow this