Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Harugumo

IJN Tone stats and basic gamplay review

15 comments in this topic

634 posts
6,217 battles

It was already released in the Chinese (mainland) server. Don't ask me why it is already out, the Chinese server sell anything (yeah they sell ALL the premium ships (Arkansas yubari iwaki , anything u can think of)

vhSkzZs.png

ln3puqk.png

R01NeTQ.png

Have 7 planes, but can only release one at a time. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Time for some basic review

It's like your average Japanese cruiser, play style is similar to Myoko/Atago.

I dont bother to post the stats cuz 1st of all its in chinese , 2nd u guys can use the extended tech tree mod to see that, besides I'm running on my 3G so I dont have much data.

turning is kinda slow so is the time needed to reach top speed, turret transverse is okay, so basically for setups and captian skills just go what u use for Atago and Myoko. 

He doesn't feel as good as myoko, maybe its because of less turret? but shell dispersion is small, reload slightly faster than atago 15s, 15.3 km range HE 17% fire chance 3300 DMG, AP 4700 DMG, 

Also the turret firing angle is not bad at all despite been all situated at front. (actually i cant help but feel that its better than atago's)

The catapult fighter is good. ( well u can only release one at a time not sure if WG will ever buff it more.

AA is slightly  better than atago. top speed 35.5 same as atago)

each side 6 torps which is slightly inferior to other IJN cruisers, 10 km 62 knots, type 90 mod 1

Detection range 12.2 km

citadel armour is 100-175mm so kinda good, can deflect 36.5cm guns on kongo and fuso

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Not worth it for a Tier 7 premium CA, less turret than myoko and slightly better AA( but japanese AA is not good anyway, if u really want AA ship get atlanta). (The catapult fighter , unless reworked and can launch several ones at same time, is not anything good)

Any questions feel free to ask me I will try to answer

Edited by Lordofcaptain

634 posts
6,217 battles

Edit: Indeed i said it was not worth a tier 7 premium, still it is a good ship to play around with, its just that it doesnt have any 'special' things a premium should have.(like tirpitz torps and quick reload good armour, atlanta AA and dat reload.)

ALSOOOOOOOO The front part (where all the turrets are, have good armour), but the aft part is weak AF

Edited by Lordofcaptain

Super Tester
1,310 posts

the Chinese server sell anything (yeah they sell ALL the premium ships (Arkansas yubari iwaki , anything u can think of)

kitakami? buffallo? worchester? how about ship oiller?

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

what's that flag !? ... Pan-Asia flag ?

don't care about chinese server ... they buy the game and open with thier own bias ... they can do anything with the game ..

it happen to WoT too ... tank stat not even match with real WoT game ... hell they even buff the T59 on thier own to make more sell

Edited by WindCruiser

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

what's that flag !? ... Pan-Asia flag ?

In China there are regulations and laws which dictate the content of computer games, and you cannot reference real countries within fictional settings. The Chinese edition of WoWS does not have real countries like the United States, Soviet Union, Japan or Germany, they have fictional countries represented by fictional flags. It's the same thing with Chinese World of Tanks as well.

The United States is called "U country", Japan is called "J country", Germany is called "D country", et cetera.

Beta Tester
122 posts
6,327 battles

In China there are regulations and laws which dictate the content of computer games, and you cannot reference real countries within fictional settings. The Chinese edition of WoWS does not have real countries like the United States, Soviet Union, Japan or Germany, they have fictional countries represented by fictional flags. It's the same thing with Chinese World of Tanks as well.

The United States is called "U country", Japan is called "J country", Germany is called "D country", et cetera.

USA=M系(美国 mei guo) JP=R系(日本 ri ben)....and pan Asia is call China LOL

783 posts
4,819 battles

Q&A from the RU forums mentioned Tone to be a Tier VI for the IJN. Whether she would be for the cruiser line, a premium, or a part of the CV subclass is still debated.

I wish they do give her some kind of gimmick for being a hybrid type kind of ship.

634 posts
6,217 battles

Q&A from the RU forums mentioned Tone to be a Tier VI for the IJN. Whether she would be for the cruiser line, a premium, or a part of the CV subclass is still debated.

I wish they do give her some kind of gimmick for being a hybrid type kind of ship.

I actually heard they are gonna be in the IJN sub cv line along with Ise class. 

Guess what, they only reason the Chinese server released this ship is because they can get more profit ya know?

Not sure if u hear of  this, some ppl actually go to the Chinese WOT server to test out new premium tanks cuz the Chinese server always release them first

783 posts
4,819 battles

I actually heard they are gonna be in the IJN sub cv line along with Ise class. 

Guess what, they only reason the Chinese server released this ship is because they can get more profit ya know?

Not sure if u hear of  this, some ppl actually go to the Chinese WOT server to test out new premium tanks cuz the Chinese server always release them first

I just hope they present something new for gameplay.

Semi-controllable or controllable seaplanes at the expense of firepower is something I can get behind on.

634 posts
6,217 battles

I just hope they present something new for gameplay.

Semi-controllable or controllable seaplanes at the expense of firepower is something I can get behind on.

- Tone will not come with any unique plane mechanic and they are not expected to come in near future. Tone will have to be "configured" by other means (basically, no aviation ships will come anytime soon and Tone will just have her only 1 plane just like all other cruisers).

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/31444-some-interesting-info-from-ru/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just saw the above post in the eu forums, but it is posted from last year so who knows what will happen next? :p

451 posts
6,946 battles

I will take this ship over the atago anytime right now just to avoid the goddamn yammy zao and shima.

That is its biggest niche over the atago now.

Edited by Kleiss

Sign in to follow this