You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EvyL

the worst sound you'd ever want to hear during battle

ship UI sounds  

60 members have voted

1. 1. what is the worst announcer or sound you'd ever want to hear in the heat of battle?

• "critical engine damage!" - engine incapacitation
    • "unable to maneuver!" - rudder jammed
    • "main turret critically damaged!" - turret incapacitated
    • "main turret blown up!" - turret destroyed
    • heavy damage shell shock
    • "torpedo tubes destroyed!" - torpedo tube 'turret' destroyed
    • "the ship is on fire!" - fire alarm and eventually the fire klaxon if 3 fires are present
    • "the enemy is about to win!" - defeat through points (though really?)
    • "hull breach! we're taking in a lot of water quickly!" - flooding
    • torpedoes pinging in the scanner
    • your anguishing scream as you mag det during the first minutes of the engagement (lolchawp)
    • landmass collision alarm

43 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Well apart from fielding Mogami in order to master the glorious ninja concealment of 10.5km on the heavy cruiser (Atago has 10.4 with the concealment mod as well), there were times multiple announcers started booming their status reports such as "main turret critically damaged!" and "unable to maneuver!" as I was hit in the stern several times when I was running away, I gotta ask this:

What's the last thing you'd ever want to hear in the heat of battle getting there?

That is all.

EDIT: lol I missed that one. thanks Eurobeat.

Edited by EvyL

Super Tester
1,677 posts

The ringing citadel sound when you get smacked by a BB takes the cake for me. :D

The deafening shell shock sound is there though.

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

The deafening shell shock sound is there though.

I just realised lol. Watching half your hp disappear and have that ringing afterwards just makes you despair sometimes. :popcorn:
Edited by EnochIsHere

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

your anguishing scream as you mag det during the first minutes of the engagement 

Followed by the sounds of flipped tables and a loud string of profanities until you eventually just sit there staring at the screen contemplating the meaning of life. 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Followed by the sounds of flipped tables and a loud string of profanities until you eventually just sit there staring at the screen contemplating the meaning of life. 

And Precision F Strikes

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

You forgot the island collision alarm..

And if you happen to get beached, it gets louder and apparently alerted the whole enemy team to F3 spam directly at your ship

36 posts
13,020 battles

the new sound effect before announcing the broken modules is annoying af.

it's so severe that my div-mate once thought his soundcard is broken and restarted his PC.

seriously, does anyone know how to disable it? like, is it on a sound file and can we just simply delete it.

other than that, turret blown up is always a nightmare..

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Too bad i cant vote 3 times cause:

Main turret blown up is the last thing you want to hear in a Russian DD

118dft_zpska8skmpn.jpg

(yes, that guy parked his DD in the safest spot before the game ends and just left)

Getting detonated in the first 5 minutes of the game, well its obvious its not good for your repair bills if you're playing tier 8's above (especially in a DD or BB) Any tiers below that, i congratulate the guy who fired me and said: thanks for the flags (sometimes high tiers if i deserved to be killed instantly)

Landmass Collision Alarm, because if you tunneled vision so hard, you're paying the repairs as the price of not being attentive due to overexcitement on engaging a particular ship, and the tables are turned and you're done (most cases)

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Nothing worse than not being able to move anywhere at all.

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

sailing along in my tirptz on her maiden voyage, sees a TB squad from Hiryu, dodges all but one, send message "NOOB CV" before the torp hits. explodes

why...

Expected 2 hits but only get 1 is enough to make us cv players rant ourselves anyway, dont worry :P

Super Tester
1,677 posts

The sound of planes flying over your destroyer for most of the game. :(

You are a destroyer, you exist to picket alert the team against aircraft. You are not a Russian DD which has a surprising AA suite for a ship of its size.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Worst sound?

The time for team battles is approaching and your all geared up for it when the wife says

" I need the computer tonight for my Uni assignment"

:(

103 posts
3,940 battles

As someone who does suffer from ringing in the ears, that heavy damage sound effect is annoying at times.

The landmass collision alarm can also be very annoying. Sometimes I will purposefully crash so I don't get a torpedo sandwich.