You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TE_Deathskyz

Whining actually made WG change something!

15 comments in this topic

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

Source

Q. 1. Why have you decided to cancel the test drive for new lines (for instance Soviet DD’s)?

2. Did the event not meet your expectations?

3. Do you plan to do it again for Soviet cruisers?

A. We decided to cancel test drives because of the negative feedback we received from players. Players had mixed feelings for not being able to have upgraded ships and had the feeling that, in the end, we were “taking their ships away”. Thus the effort is not worth the negative reaction it gets. We don’t plan to bring back public test drives in the near future. We may add individual test drives though.

So apparently whining about stuff actually changes stuff. Well done playerbase.

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

This is why we can't have nice things :v

To expand on this, in the previous two PTs, there were an absolute TON of threads on all the forums and the subreddit complaining about why there wasn't accelerated exp gain, why players couldn't just play T10 straight off the bat, why upper tiers were locked away, etc, etc. It appears that this is the solution to those complaints.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

I can't say I blame WG for doing this, it was an opportunity for people to have some input and they abused the privilege. It's a real shame that WG had to resort to this though. 

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

tbh im fine with whatever WG wanna to do with their game, i still giving opinion about this game (Whining for you i guess) and is WG job to come up with good solution since i pay the premium time and spent on premium ship for that :D:D:D

If it ended up with mess i will just switch to another game, easy as that :trollface:

406 posts
6,279 battles

Without full details around this - if someone ground their way up to Tier 10 with the standard experience rates received from a ship line, then the test ended and they had to do it all over again - yeah, I'd be pretty salty too.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

Without full details around this - if someone ground their way up to Tier 10 with the standard experience rates received from a ship line, then the test ended and they had to do it all over again - yeah, I'd be pretty salty too.

Basically on WoT, every time theres a Public Test for a new tank line.

EVERYONE goes to tier 10 and spams gold.

WoWS Devs didnt want that when they wanted to release the RU DDs and DKM CAs.

So they set periods of time where players could only play up to a certain tier of ships so the general range of Low Tier, Mid Tier and High Tier ships could be appropriately be tested on.

Phase 1 was that players could play up to Tier 1-4.

Phase 2 was that players could play up to Tier 1-7.

Phase 3 was that players could play up to Tier 1-10.

But apparently people didnt like not being able to play Tier 10s right off the bat. Goes to show what people REALLY want. Public Tests didnt help Devs, Public tests were just a way for players to LOOKATME!! IM A TIER 10!! instead of providing feedback.

Beta Tester
57 posts
2,998 battles

Basically on WoT, every time theres a Public Test for a new tank line.

EVERYONE goes to tier 10 and spams gold.

WoWS Devs didnt want that when they wanted to release the RU DDs and DKM CAs.

So they set periods of time where players could only play up to a certain tier of ships so the general range of Low Tier, Mid Tier and High Tier ships could be appropriately be tested on.

Phase 1 was that players could play up to Tier 1-4.

Phase 2 was that players could play up to Tier 1-7.

Phase 3 was that players could play up to Tier 1-10.

But apparently people didnt like not being able to play Tier 10s right off the bat. Goes to show what people REALLY want. Public Tests didnt help Devs, Public tests were just a way for players to LOOKATME!! IM A TIER 10!! instead of providing feedback.

then the Soviet DDs and the German CLs/CAs came out i remember seeing tons of posts and threads of low tier ships and some mid tier ships like the Tier 6  Rus DD was to OP. Well that you get that very one wants just to play the high tier 8-10 for an ergo trip while low tier remain under powered or over powered Not tested at all
Edited by dolfire999

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Public Tests didnt help Devs, Public tests were just a way for players to LOOKATME!! IM A TIER 10!! instead of providing feedback.

Agree, thats why im on the side of just release the stuff and then adjust it according to the live servers stats because test environment are completely difference :D:D:D   

Beta Tester
57 posts
2,998 battles

agreed but i would think the devs would listen to the you tubers that Reviews/Overviews for them to change to curtain aspects of a ship too remain healthy for the game

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

agreed but i would think the devs would listen to the you tubers that Reviews/Overviews for them to change to curtain aspects of a ship too remain healthy for the game

Thats wont do, since the opinion of particular player might not be a represent of the whole community, but i hope WG still listen to community opinion and make adjust base on servers stats as usual because i think thats the best way to get accurate result while satisfied some of the community request :D:D:D 

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

good .. just hope dev team not gonna be same as wot cas if it does ... now there gonna be tons of bugs in the actual game ....

Look at WoT even they got PT1, PT2, still manage to have tons of bug ... and more lately, Hit box not match visual, disappear armor, etc.... how they even get pass both PT !?!?!?
they even accept they found bugs in PT before patching the actual game but they still patching it cas WG need to show that look! we got new update every month ... but that totally ruin the game with so much bugs

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

good .. just hope dev team not gonna be same as wot cas if it does ... now there gonna be tons of bugs in the actual game ....

I accept the reality that everyone makes mistake and nothing is perfect, so as long as WG accept that there are bugs and they try to fixing it im fine :D:D:D

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

This is why they've put in special limited test-drives offered to a small amount of players outside of the ST team. Many of the established streamers got access to the RU cruisers to provide reviews and feedback.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

In Australia, we have a saying that goes "Shitting in your own nest."

That's what has happened here. People complain about the most trivial issue, and it has bitten us all on the bum.