You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RRRNZRRR02

Taking the narrows

Take the narrows  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Are you game enough to take the narrows

• Yes
    • No

13 comments in this topic

38 posts
4,571 battles

Have you ever tried taking the narrows on that map and or do you do it often.

Very often im close to a massive victory if only people would back you up. Recently I had two cruisers and a DD follow me through, I got sunk but they went on to do well.

Everyone says don't go there but if you went through with right crew you could mop the floor and often being in carrier striking distance early.

I've tried with everything from destroyer right up to my Iowa.

Your views/experiences....

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I assume you're talking about Two Brothers?

Taking the middle strait requires some factors: The enemy team has to be either split or concentrated and moving quickly through either flank, enough that they can't turn back in time to fire on ships exiting the narrows. Furthermore, ships going up the narrows have to remain undetected as long as physically possible - which means no firing out down the middle, staggered smokescreens, and no aircraft in the vicinity.

Otherwise, the words "Shooting gallery" comes to mind

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

I'd seriously against a battleship going into a narrow channel, last time some BB tried to do that he ate my torpedoes which supposed to hit enemy BB who stuck there. Anything else can go YOFO in that channel and torp each other

Edited by Vio_Strygun

580 posts
1,587 battles

Only when it is at the last 5-8 minutes of the game... Take the narrows too early, bad things happen... terrible things... terribly embarrasing things...

Super Tester
2,725 posts

At start of the battle, you can't go at the end of the narrow path as the enemy team on the otherside are still gathered. The only time you get in there when it's midway of the battle, after average of 8~10 mins.

406 posts
6,279 battles

At start of the battle, you can't go at the end of the narrow path as the enemy team on the otherside are still gathered. The only time you get in there when it's midway of the battle, after average of 8~10 mins.

you can do it - the trick is you need to do it slowly, instead of charging up the middle.

Sometimes I've succesfully done it and had epic games (5 kills, tons of XP etc.) other times I've been instasunk by a Torpedoe.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Nothing worse than seeing ship head down that channel in the start of battle. Nothing good comes of it.

Later on in the battle when ships are dispersed things can be different.

Timing and knowing where all the enemy ships are, they are the keys to that strategy.

406 posts
6,279 battles

Nothing worse than seeing ship head down that channel in the start of battle. Nothing good comes of it.

Later on in the battle when ships are dispersed things can be different.

Timing and knowing where all the enemy ships are, they are the keys to that strategy.

I wish I had some of my epic Troll Replays on that map

69 posts
2,225 battles

A run through the channel can be a game changer at times.

Good way to distract enemy or attack back lines.

Also can be an easy base cap in domination mode if not done too early.

I've used it several times for different reasons with DD or CL, Not tried with a BB yet & doubt I would & well CV prolly get stuck & just why bother.

Might be funny to see a CV try it.

1,162 posts

Man, this remind me to the PhlyDaily Fuso-Death-Squad-Charging video, well the enemy dont have a DD to stop them anyway.

But as for myself, I only charge when I have confirmed all the adversary DDs have been eliminated.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

I find it to be quite fun to charge down the middle on the odd occasion, caused chaos by running down in an Atago and blasting a low health team when they were trying to hide and fire over at my teammates, needless to say i died but most of the enemy were only on 1k HP by the time I was done, rest of the team finished them off. Also managed to charge through on a few occasions with 2 New Mexico's and a Cleveland, it was hilarious on one occasion when the opening salvos at the other end took out 3 CAs and a DD. :D