Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
XP_On

My Low Spec Netbook cant play WoWs well

16 comments in this topic

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I tried to instal WoWs in my old Netbook

Asus EEPC 1215B

AMD APU E450
Radeon HD 6320
DDR3, 6GB

HDD 500GB 

the result is i only got 12-19 FPS even with the lowest setting, no sound and music, 

i can still win the game in Co-Op, but not in Random Battle.

is there any mod that can help me? i know i am kinda pushing this netbook i bought from 2011, but if there is a way i can play this game, then i will really love it.

thanks

PS: I do have a propper Desktop,  but incase i want to play the game when i traveling, then this netbook is the only one that i have

Super Tester
2,725 posts

When you're traveling, please do abstain yourself from playing & take a day off.

But if you can't restrain yourself & I know you can't. :P Although the only issue is your lack of graphics power, and the battle loading is ok correct?

Try setting the AMD switchable graphics thingy to high for WoWs and your laptop's power management as well.

Honestly I don't recommend lappy to play games (except the non-intensive or non-AAA rated games) but if you find ways to reach the optimum gameplay, that's good to hear.

Edited by Mingfang47

Super Tester
2,725 posts

There's this mod which significantly reduces the texture resolution to improve performance. See if it helps at all.

You can try this reduce texture mod, although it's failure on my desktop due to discolored issue (specifically, it turned violet or orange the whole game screen but can see the texts, ship, interface, etc.) when using it in port & battle.

724 posts
2,166 battles

I tried to instal WoWs in my old Netbook

Asus EEPC 1215B

AMD APU E450
Radeon HD 6320
DDR3, 6GB

HDD 500GB 

the result is i only got 12-19 FPS even with the lowest setting, no sound and music, 

i can still win the game in Co-Op, but not in Random Battle.

is there any mod that can help me? i know i am kinda pushing this netbook i bought from 2011, but if there is a way i can play this game, then i will really love it.

thanks

PS: I do have a propper Desktop,  but incase i want to play the game when i traveling, then this netbook is the only one that i have

You can try playing the game in windowed mode.

To switch to windowed mode, press ALT+ENTER simultaneously.

Try to resize the window to as small as possible and play on lowest graphics settings.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

When you're traveling, please do abstain yourself from playing & take a day off.

But if you can't restrain yourself & I know you can't. :P Although the only issue is your lack of graphics power, and the battle loading is ok correct?

Try setting the AMD switchable graphics thingy to high for WoWs and your laptop's power management as well.

Honestly I don't recommend lappy to play games (except the non-intensive or non-AAA rated games) but if you find ways to reach the optimum gameplay, that's good to hear.

When i say traveling, it means 4-10 days traveling. if only a day i can manage not playing this game :D

yeah.. the loading is kinda long but still fine ( i join when the other just barely start, while in my PC, i used to join around 10 second before the game start ) the fps drop so i kinda hard do the long distance shoot

will try different setting on power managenent but i already use the highest one in my latest try.

i know.. it make my netbook really hot 

There's this mod which significantly reduces the texture resolution to improve performance. See if it helps at all.

Thanks. will try to use it. will update it.

You can try playing the game in windowed mode.

To switch to windowed mode, press ALT+ENTER simultaneously.

Try to resize the window to as small as possible and play on lowest graphics settings.

will try this too

thanks again for all the response....

[TOGN]
12 posts
3,978 battles

I play on a 2011 Asus Lamborghini, with a GT460m and Intel quad core I7 16 gig ram.

1900x1200 everything maxed out , although leaving my laptop in the dock screen unattended makes the laptop very hot for some reason not duplicated in other games

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I play on a 2011 Asus Lamborghini, with a GT460m and Intel quad core I7 16 gig ram.

1900x1200 everything maxed out , although leaving my laptop in the dock screen unattended makes the laptop very hot for some reason not duplicated in other games

Are you trying to brag in here?

[TOGN]
12 posts
3,978 battles

lol no just saying mine is the same age as his , yes i paid alot of money for it AUD2800 but 5 years later it still plays everything i want it really well.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

lol no just saying mine is the same age as his , yes i paid alot of money for it AUD2800 but 5 years later it still plays everything i want it really well.

then you are lucky. sometimes even the expensive electronic can only work well in 3 or 4 years...

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

there are 3 different folder, 

0.5.3.2_WOWs_Compressed_Textures_1

0.5.3.2_WOWs_Compressed_Textures_12

0.5.3.2_WOWs_Compressed_Textures_25

which one is the most compresed ones?

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

there are 3 different folder, 

which one is the most compresed ones?

I haven't tried it so I'm not sure. Could you test the performance of each one and see which performs better at port? The ugliest result is probably the most compressed one. :D

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I haven't tried it so I'm not sure. Could you test the performance of each one and see which performs better at port? The ugliest result is probably the most compressed one. :D

okay.. will try that.

thanks again...

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

okay.. i have try all, 

gave me yelowish color on almost every thing and make the gameplay even more crazy

gave me a good FPS but still not stable, when i just manuvering, the FPS go from 22-27, but when my ship on fire, it drop to 7-15 fps....

i think this netbook cant play WoWs.... either i find a new laptop or i should take a break whenever i on travels...

thanks for everyone who help. 

Sign in to follow this